The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Lutz, FL for 2023
Also serving communities of Carrollwood.
There are 63 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lutz area, with 6 in Lutz and 57 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lutz is $3,116 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 337 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lutz. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lutz 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wesley Chapel with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lutz, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Lutz, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lutz
Lutz is an unincorporated community in Hillsborough County that borders Tampa. In the 2010 Census it had a population close to 20,000 residents, around 12 percent of whom were aged 65 and above. Lutz's seniors are served by five assisted living facilities in the community and another 52 nearby. Assisted living facilities in Florida can receive a Standard or Specialty license based on the type of care they offer. The Agency for Health Care Administration administers these licenses.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lutz
- Sperling's cost of living index rates Lutz's overall cost of living at 121, compared to the national average of 100. This is largely due to the high cost of housing and transport. Groceries costs are only slightly higher than the U.S. average and healthcare costs are four points lower, which can help seniors with significant health expenses.
- The weather in Lutz is warm year-around, with July highs averaging 92 degrees and January lows of 47. There's no generally no snow, but the city does get 52 inches of rain each year, 13 inches more than the national average. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors can take advantage of the 246 days of sunshine that Lutz has each year, 41 days more than the U.S. average.
- Lutz has an overall crime rate of 14 per 1,000 residents, which is close to the national average. Compared to state numbers, Lutz fares well. It's safer than 77 percent of Florida's other towns and cities, with a property crime rate less than half of the state average and a violent crime rate around a quarter of the state rate. Safety-conscious seniors wishing to retire to Florida may find Lutz an appealing choice.
- The Lutz area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph's Hospital North, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Lutz may be able to access transportation through Hillsborough County's Sunshine Line. This service provides door-to-door to eligible riders for medical appointments, shopping trips and other errands.
- Florida has many tax benefits for seniors. The state has no income tax, so seniors keep all income from pensions, Social Security and retirement funds.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lutz
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lutz start around $3,116 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lutz and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lutz
The Medicaid Long Term Care Program and the Assistive Care Services waiver offer financial assistance to residents of assisted living facilities in Florida. In addition, Florida has an Optional State Supplement, which may be available to seniors who receive income from Social Security.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lutz
Lutz and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lutz, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lutz
Lutz-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lutz, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lutz
Review of Amilcat Care Home LLC
Amilcat Care Home LLC was a very clean house. It was well kept. It was actually more of what I was looking for my mom. It was much better than the other place. My mom is too old to do activities. T... Read more
Review of Amilcat Care Home LLC
Very nice place it's extremely clean I never see a facility that clean like this one, the owner Very polite good food they have a garden in the back everyone is so happy here Read more
Review of Angels Senior Living at The Lodges of Idlewild
My mom is at Angels Senior Living at the Lodges of Idlewild, and it has been a very good experience. She is very well taken care of. They know if she doesn't come to meals. They check on her. They ... Read more