41 Assisted Living Facilities near New Port Richey, FL
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the New Port Richey area, with 20 in New Port Richey and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in New Port Richey is $2,465 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Port Richey with an average starting cost of $2,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 301 reviews below for assisted living facilities in New Port Richey. On average, consumers rate assisted living in New Port Richey 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Port Richey with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 16 families in New Port Richey find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in New Port Richey, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in New Port Richey, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Port Richey
New Port Richey, a suburb of Tampa, is situated along the Gulf of Mexico. Seniors — over 26 percent of the population — may enjoy a beachfront or riverfront stroll in this small town before returning to one of 18 assisted living facilities in New Port Richey for some help with daily tasks like medication management, dressing and personal hygiene. There are also assisted living homes that can help with health-related conditions that require extra care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Port Richey
- The cost of living in New Port Richey is about 9 percent lower than the national average. Seniors living on a fixed income may find themselves with some spare money if they're moving from a more expensive region.
- The state does not impose income taxes, so there are no taxes on pensions or social security income which adds further financial flexibility for seniors coming from out of state.
- New Port Richey is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership is dedicated to actively working toward making their town great place to live for seniors and others.
- With winter lows averaging about 50 degrees over a very short period, New Port Richey is perfect for seniors who enjoy long summers. It does get humid, though and there are lots of thunderstorms during the rainy season which lasts about six months.
- One of the bigger drawbacks to life in New Port Richey is the high rate of crime. Residents, particularly in the central part of the city, have a much higher likelihood of being involved in a violent crime. There are 10.27 incidents per 1,000 residents per year as compared to the national average of 4.
- Pasco County offers free transportation to some of the county's senior centers, and seniors age 65 and older receive a 50 percent discount on bus fares with monthly unlimited ride rates for $18.75.
Paying for Assisted Living in New Port Richey
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in New Port Richey start around $2,465 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in New Port Richey and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New Port Richey
Low-income seniors considering assisted living in New Port Richey can apply to two state programs for financial assistance. The Assistive Care Services and Managed Long-term Care programs cover the cost of services at assisted living facilities, but they can't help with room and board fees or get them capped. The state does offer optional state supplementation (OSS) for seniors receiving SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in New Port Richey
New Port Richey and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in New Port Richey, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Port Richey
New Port Richey-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near New Port Richey, FL
Other Options in New Port Richey, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in New Port Richey
Review of Cinnamon Cove
My grandmother-in-law was a resident at Cinnamon Cove for about two years. She was always pleased with the care given to her by the staff and the facility was always clean. Also, she loved the food! Read more
Review of Brookdale New Port Richey
Our experience with Brookdale New Port Richey has not been good. They're very slow in getting people in to help. My wife has to wait sometimes an hour or an hour and 15 minutes for someone to come ... Read more
Review of Grand Villa of New Port Richey
Clean and well organized Read more