Coastal New Port Richey is a comfortable suburb of Tampa with a vibrant retirement community. Of its nearly 17,000 people, 28.3% are over the age of 65. This is almost double the U.S. average of 16%. The area offers close access to a wide range of marine leisure activities and also has several parks and malls for seniors who prefer to stay ashore. It gets sunny weather year-round and has a lower cost of living than the U.S. median.

New Port Richey also has ample assisted living facilities with a range of amenities. These communities generally provide 24/7 care to residents who need some help with day-to-day tasks, such as personal care and transportation. In New Port Richey, assisted living costs $3,350 per month, which is cheaper than the state and national averages.

This guide discusses the pros and cons of retirement in New Port Richey. It talks about the cost of assisted living and other types of long-term care and lists some free resources that local or relocating seniors can take advantage of.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Port Richey, FL

Best Care Senior Living at Port Richey

5905 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey, FL, 34668

The Cottages of Port Richey was a very nice place. There’s not a lot in each cottage; it’s like a cottage of maybe five residents. They’re all like little houses and they all have their own rooms, but … (read more)

Jennifer Gardens

7334 Jennifer Street, Port Richey, FL, 34668

I had an in-person tour of Jennifer Gardens. When we arrived, we had to ring the doorbell several times. Then we waited outside, and nobody came. Then we called the facility. Nobody answered, and the … (read more)

Care Castle ALF (Oak Haven)

9110 Star Trl, Port Richey, FL, 34654

My mom moved into Care Castle (Oak Haven) two months ago. They were very kind to her, and it’s exceptionally clean. It’s a warm atmosphere the minute you walk in. It’s not a big place. It’s a small pl … (read more)

2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022

Vitality Living Hudson

13707 Dallas Drive, Hudson, FL, 34667

Windsor Woods has been a godsend. Before our mother’s passing, we experienced the assisted living services. Now, for our father, it is independent living. We cannot say enough about Windsor Woods. The … (read more)

Brookdale New Port Richey

6400 Trouble Creek Rd., New Port Richey, FL, 34653

Brookdale New Port Richey is located in a quiet neighborhood in New Port Richey, Florida, home to Key Vista Nature Park and Green Key Beach. Residents’ relatives describe the facility as warm and invi … (read more)

Grand Villa of New Port Richey

6120 Congress Street, New Port Richey, FL, 34652

I thought the Grand Villa of New Port Richey was pretty good. They had quite a lot of activities, and it seemed like the people there liked the place. They had a lot of nice, caring people there. The … (read more)

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Vitality Living Baypoint Village

7927 State Road 52, Hudson, FL, 34667

I liked Vitality Living Baypoint Village. It was very active. There were people everywhere playing cards and having lunch together. It was just a busy, hopping, friendly place. Diana, the staff, was j … (read more)

2013, 2014

Addington Place of East Lake

1755 East Lake Road, Tarpon Springs, FL, 34688

We had an in-person tour of Addington Place of East Lake. The staff was very welcoming, great over the phone, very accommodating, and gave me a good tour. She was very knowledgeable, friendly, and inv … (read more)

Brookdale Tarpon Springs

1651 South Pinellas Ave., Tarpon Springs, FL, 34689

Brookdale Tarpon Springs is located in Tarpon Springs, Florida, which is known for its Greek eateries and sponge docks. The facility is close to Tarpon Springs Aquarium and Florida Hospital North Pine … (read more)

Elevated Estates of New Port Richey

7423 Kauai Loop, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

Sunflower Springs at Trinity Now Open!

2300 Welbilt Blvd., Trinity, FL, 34655

We went to Sunflower Springs. I liked the newness and the cleanliness. I liked the fact that the staff and everybody seemed to like everybody, including the residents. I didn’t like the fact that they … (read more)

Plantation Retirement

2654 Grand Blvd., Holiday, FL, 34690

We chose Plantation Retirement because they were willing to work with us. They helped my friend to move in quickly and into a safe place. They help her with her memory and comfort. They allow her to h … (read more)

Trinity Place Assisted Living

8684 Old County Road 54, New Port Richey, FL, 34655

I liked Trinity Place Assisted Living. It seemed very cheery, I had an opportunity to speak to a couple of people who were residents there as I was leaving the facility. They were sitting outside and … (read more)

Shady Glen I

469 East Orange Street, Tarpon Springs, FL, 34689

2020, 2022

Coral Oaks

900 West Lake Road, Palm Harbor, FL, 34684

We went to Coral Oaks and we really liked the facility, so we are making another appointment to take my friends to it, get assessed, and such. As of right now, that’s what we’re going with. It was ver … (read more)

St. Mark Village

2655 Nebraska Avenue, Palm Harbor, FL, 34684

St. Mark Village is a Lutheran-based home. You get one meal a day in a beautiful dining room and there are wonderful services. The apartments were lovely, but you buy in. The staff members that we met … (read more)

Newport Richey Center for Assisted Living & Memory Care

5539 Charles Street, New Port Richey, FL, 34652

I have Lived Here for three Months. I Love this place. Everyone is Very Nice to me! The food is Great. I look forward to every Meal. Thank You New Port Richey Center For helping me. The Pt Girl Kriste … (read more)

The Watermark at Trinity

1960 Blue Fox Way, Trinity, FL, 34655

The people at The Watermark at Trinity were very engaging. I liked the facility, and I also liked that the bathroom was open and very safe. The meals are provided, nurses, PT, OT, speech therapy, and … (read more)

Sunshine Christian Homes, Inc

5250 WHIPPOORWILL DRIVE, Holiday, FL, 34690

My dad moved in to Sunshine Christian Homes because he likes the people that he’s lived around. He knew a lot of the workers, and everybody was really nice so he’d rather live there. The staff is real … (read more)

Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care

7220 Baillie Drive, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care was clean. It’s a little dated, but it’s well kept. The staff members were very friendly. They were good. There were no activities going on at the tim … (read more)

COVID-19 Rules for Assisted Living in New Port Richey

Since most COVID-19 rules for Assisted Living Communities and other Senior Living Facilities are set at the state level, you can view the specific rules for your state on our Guide to Assisted Living in Florida. Keep in mind that every community has specific policies that they put in place to protect their residents, so you should contact your local community for more information. Additionally, you can contact your local Area Agency on Aging to learn more – find contact information here.

What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Port Richey

In New Port Richey and the rest of the state, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration is responsible for licensing and regulating assisted living facilities. This organization upholds the state’s standards for senior care.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Port Richey

• New Port Richey gets 240 sunny days per year compared to the national average of 205 days. Its snowless winters make it ideal for seniors who want to stay out of the cold.
  • The city’s violent crime rate is double the national average at 45.4 points, compared to 22.7. Its property crime rates are also high, at 57.4 points compared to 35.4. However, assisted living facilities often have extensive security measures in place to keep their residents and staff safe.
  • Like all cities in Florida, New Port Richey is part of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly States and Communities. This participation means the local government has committed to improving and expanding infrastructure and services for the aging population.
  • The air quality in New Port Richey is 8 points above the U.S. median of 58. This stat makes the city a good choice for people with asthma, allergies or other respiratory issues.
  • New Port Richey has a slightly lower cost of living than the U.S. benchmark, at 92 points compared to 100.
  • The city has 129 physicians per 100,000 people, which is lower than the national median of 210 per 100,000 people. Despite this, its health care costs are 3.3 points lower than the U.S. benchmark of 100.

Paying for Assisted Living in New Port Richey

According to the 2021 Genworth Cost of Care Survey, New Port Richey, seniors pay an average of $3,350 per month for assisted living care, although prices vary by facility. This cost is lower than the Florida average of $4,000 per month and the national average of $4,500 per month.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

Further down the coast, North Port seniors pay more for assisted living, at $4,145 per month. In The Villages, costs are even higher, averaging $5,208 per month. In Lakeland, assisted living costs $3,300 per month, which is $50 less than in New Port Richey. Orlando seniors pay an average of $4,000 per month for assisted living.

$3350

North Port

$3300

Lakeland

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors may also consider the costs and services included with other types of long-term care. A more affordable option is adult day health care, which averages $2,123 per month. In-home care is a little costlier, at $4,767 per month, and home health care averages $4,862 per month. Nursing home care is the most expensive, with a semiprivate room averaging $8,927 per month.

$4767

Adult Day Health Care

$3350

Assisted Living Facility

$8927

Nursing Home (semiprivate room)

Note: Data for New Port Richey was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Tampa, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New Port Richey

Florida provides two state programs to help eligible seniors with the cost of services at assisted living facilities: Medicaid Long-Term Care and Assistive Care Services. The state also offers optional state supplementation (OSS) for residents who receive social security income.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.

Paying for Assisted Living Facilities in Florida

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in New Port Richey

In New Port Richey and the surrounding area, seniors can use a range of services offered by nonprofits and government agencies. Some of these resources are listed below.

Resource

Contact

Description

This agency offers case management services to help seniors determine their care needs and find placement in a suitable long-term care home. Educational opportunities, including chronic disease management and physical fitness classes, help adults stay healthy as they age. This agency also has a transportation program that helps seniors get around.

Seniors with questions about long-term care laws or concerns about their treatment can access advocacy here. Long-term care ombudsmen mediate issues between assisted living homes and their residents. If they can't resolve concerns, seniors can get help filing complaints with the governing body.

Operated by the federal government, this veteran center is a central access point for benefits and health care services. Service members can apply for pensions, life insurance and other types of financial aid here. Health care referrals and mental health services are also available.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Port Richey

New Port Richey Assisted Living Communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all Assisted Living Facilities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Florida