New Port Richey is a city in Pasco County located along the Gulf of Mexico just minutes from downtown Tampa. Seniors retiring in the area have access to several medical facilities for chronic conditions and illnesses, including the Morton Plant North Bay Hospital and the Medical Center of Trinity.

Seniors who need 24-hour medical support can choose a nursing home for long-term care. These facilities provide a range of personal and medical services, including grooming, dressing, help getting in and out of the bed, medication administration and rehabilitation services like physical and speech therapy. The average monthly cost of a semiprivate room in a nursing home in New Port Richey is $9,946. Those who don’t require 24-hour skilled nursing may opt for assisted living or home health care.

This guide covers the cost of nursing homes in New Port Richey, including prices for a private or semiprivate room. It also covers the cost of other types of care and includes a list of free and low-cost services and programs to help seniors improve their quality of life.

Directory of Nursing Homes in New Port Richey, FL

Heather Hill Healthcare Center

6630 Kentucky Ave, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

My mother is at Heather Hill Healthcare Center. We chose them because they had long-term care and they had what we needed. They were close to us and they seemed very accommodating. We have since found … (read more)

Mitchell Rehabilitation Hospital At Morton Plant North Bay

6600 Madison Street, New Port Richey, FL, 34652

My elderly father was told that he would never walk again after breaking his hip. My Daddy and I did not want to accept this without trying everything that we could. He stayed at this rehab center … (read more)

Southern Pines Healthcare Center

6140 CONGRESS ST, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

My mother never wanted to go to a nursing home. After a previous stroke, she went to a different facility and was absolutely miserable. After this stroke, she said that she was happy here and wanted … (read more)

Madison Pointe Rehabilitation and Health Center

6020 INDIANA AVENUE, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

I spent 6 wks here after a horrible car accident. The staff was helpful and took care of my needs. Without them I don’t know what I would have done.

Life Care Center of New Port Richey

7400 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

I was in Life Care Center New Port Richey for rehab after I had my stroke two years ago. They were very good. They had good, nutritious food and portions that was right for you. You wouldn’t be hungry … (read more)

Consulate Health Care Of New Port Richey

8417 Old Country Road 54, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

At age 89 my mother’s residency went from her home to Consulate of NPR in August 2018. She was so blessed to have a variety of wonderful care takers for the last 2 years. From RN’s ( Barbara, Josh … (read more)

Orchard Ridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

4927 Voorhees Road, New Port Richey, FL, 34653

I was a rehab patient there recovering from toe amp surgery and IV infection prevention. First night there, I thought I might die from infection, the room was that filthy and disgusting, as was the fo … (read more)

Trinity Regional Rehab Center

2144 WELBILT BLVD, Trinity, FL, 34655

My Mom was a resident of Trinity Regional for four years. She was treated with dignity and kindness by the staff. The facility was clean and quite pleasant. The food was not terrible just typical i … (read more)

Bayonet Point Health & Rehabilitation Center

7210 Beacon Woods Dr, Hudson, FL, 34667

My wife was in Solaris Bayonet Point for Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy. They have marvelous, well-trained, educated, and skilled staff members. It’s clean, pleasant, and nicely decorated. … (read more)

Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center

900 Beckett Way, Tarpon Springs, FL, 34689

Peninsula is very clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Alissa the social worker goes far beyond her duties to help you and your family member. She is one amazing lady and very caring and comp … (read more)

Bear Creek Nursing Center

8041 State Road 52, Hudson, FL, 34667

As we were driving in, we commented on the manicured lawn. The next thing that was great – you walk in the front doors and you do not smell the “nursing home” odor that we have noticed in her fa … (read more)

Consulate Health Care of Bayonet Point

8132 Hudson Avenue, Hudson, FL, 34667

Do not bring your loved one to this facility. My Mom was there for 3 weeks today. She was there for rehab as she had a big toe amputated, The food is horrible. The cleaniness is fair. Mom would put he … (read more)

Solaris HealthCare Bayonet Point

7210 Beacon Woods Dr, Hudson, FL, 34667

Solaris Healthcare Bayonet Point doesn’t have a memory care unit, which is kind of a concern. They have people there that have Alzheimer’s or dementia but they don’t have a locked unit. It was nice, b … (read more)

Tarpon Bayou Center

515 Chesapeake Dr, Tarpon Springs, FL, 34689

The stress of having my mother in a nursing home was nothing compared to the stress of not being able to talk with her 75% of the time. Their phone system/services are archaic!!! It stressed my out mo … (read more)

Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital

1395 SOUTH PINELLAS AVENUE, Tarpon Springs, FL, 34689

Nursing Home Costs in New Port Richey, FL

Nursing home costs in New Port Richey are $9,946 per month for a semiprivate room and $11,391 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

A semiprivate room in a nursing home in New Port Richey is $1,277 more than the state average and $2,190 more than the national average. In the western panhandle in Pensacola, the cost of a nursing home is around $8,517 per month. Along the Atlantic coast in Jacksonville, these facilities cost around $8,638. Near the center of the state in Lakeland, seniors can expect to pay around $8,638, while along the southern coast in Miami, seniors can expect to pay more at $9,095.

$9946

Lakeland

$9095

Miami

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

When considering the best level of support for older adults who need help with personal care, it’s important to look at all available options. Homemaker services and home health aides are ideal for those who prefer to age in place at home. These services cost $4,195 and $4,576 respectively. Adult day health is the least expensive option at $1,993, while assisted living communities cost around $3,225. A nursing home is the most expensive and comprehensive option at $9,946 for a semiprivate room and $11,391 for a private room.

$4195

Adult day health care

$3225

Assisted living

$9946

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$11391

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for New Port Richey was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Tampa, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in New Port Richey, FL

Free Resources for Seniors in New Port Richey, FL

There are programs and services available to seniors who live in New Port Richey. The following resources help improve the lives of older adults and can delay the need for nursing home care.

Resource

Contact

Service

CARES is a nonprofit organization that provides services to seniors in Pasco County. The agency promotes a higher quality of life and supports independence. It assists with personal and household tasks and offers community activities like computer learning, educational and recreational activities and group travel.

Pasco County Senior Services provides assistance to the elderly, including home-delivered meals, transportation and insurance counseling. Meals are for seniors aged 60 and older who are homebound or unable to cook for themselves. The program also provides nutrition education.

The Area Agency on Aging is an Aging and Disability Resource Center that helps seniors, their caregivers and the disabled. The agency offers programs like transportation, nutrition, case management and caregiving plus information on topics of interest.

Bay Area Legal Services provides legal assistance to low-income seniors who otherwise can’t afford legal representation. Aide is available for issues regarding income, consumer protection, health care, housing, long-term care, elder abuse and neglect.

The long-term care ombudsman works to improve the quality of life for residents in nursing homes and similar facilities. The ombudsman advocates for seniors and works to protect their health, safety, welfare and rights.