Located between the picturesque Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay, Clearwater is a very popular town among retirees due to its sunny climate and scenic beaches. It has a population of 116,946, of whom 22.5% are seniors. Residents of Clearwater can take advantage of close proximity to world-class medical care at prestigious institutions such as the Tampa General Hospital, which is ranked one of the best in the state.

Nursing homes often offer high levels of care, including around-the-clock supervision, medication management and medical oversight delivered by highly trained nurses and aides. According to Genworth’s 2020 Cost of Care Survey, a semiprivate room in a Clearwater nursing home costs an average of $9,946, which is higher than state and national averages. Seniors looking to save money may find it helpful to look into other services which may deliver similar levels of care in an at-home or assisted living environment.

The following guide is designed to provide seniors with all the necessary information to plan their long-term care. It also lists a variety of free resources for seniors in the area.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Clearwater, FL

The Oaks of Clearwater

420 Bay Avenue, Clearwater, FL, 33756

The Oaks of Clearwater is located in the heart of the Clearwater, Florida, near the relaxing neighborhood of Viewpoint on the Bay. Residents can walk right into their own backyard to get spectacular v … (read more)

Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center

1100 Pine St, Clearwater, FL, 33756

Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center was a good facility. They have a lot of medical staff and nurses. The director was very helpful, very kind, and went above and beyond. They have a hair salon … (read more)

East Bay Rehabilitation Center

4470 East Bay Drive , Clearwater, FL, 33764

My mother was here for rehab for 2 weeks. She had a few kind nurses and techs (Tonya and CJ stood out) but for the most part her experience was terrible. She was not given the level of care we expecte … (read more)

Palm Garden of Clearwater

3480 McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater, FL, 33761

My mother is in Palm Garden of Clearwater right now. It looks like she will be staying there permanently, and she seems to be enjoying it. She has a pretty high level of dementia, but from what she is … (read more)

Belleair Health Care Center

1150 Ponce De Leon Blvd , Clearwater, FL, 33756

If I were choosing a facility today I would want to know that this facility is not right for your loved one. My mom was placed here out of the hospital for short term rehab to strengthen her legs. W … (read more)

Highland Pines Rehabilitation Center

1111 South Highland Avenue , Clearwater, FL, 33756

The staff at Highland Pines Rehabilitation was great. They encourage you to keep working. I would rate it very well; they were excellent. I haven’t found any faults. I thought they were great, and the … (read more)

Windsor House

411 Hamilton Crescent, Clearwater, FL, 33756

Kensington Gardens

2055 Palmetto St, Clearwater, FL, 33765

I broke my left leg on February 12. I had emergency surgery, and then I was transferred to Kensington Gardens Rehab for my healing process for my broken leg. We have a new administrator for the last t … (read more)

Harbourwood Health and Rehab Center

549 Sky Harbor Dr, Clearwater, FL, 33759

Cannot say enough about this incredible place. Every member of the team made a very difficult time so much easier. From the admissions team, to the admin. staff, to the amazing aids and nurses – the … (read more)

Sunset Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

1980 SUNSET POINT ROAD, Clearwater, FL, 33765

I wouldn’t send anyone there. Personally, I would rather die at home than ever be sent there. No, my husband wasn’t in the best condition. He couldn’t hold the zoom camera because of his condition, so … (read more)

Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater

2055 Palmetto St. , Clearwater, FL, 33758

I would have liked to write a positive review,but unfortunately I’m not.Some of the people that work there are ok but most just act like they are too busy to attend to the patients.They are out in hal … (read more)

Westchester Gardens Rehabilitation & Care Center

3301 North McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater, FL, 33761

Resident rooms are old looking. One particular weekend cna for residents was more interested in her phone than caring for the patients. Pretty annoying when walking through smelling urine.

Advanced Rehabilitation and Health Center

401 FAIRWOOD AVE, Clearwater, FL, 33759

Place was horrible..my mother was not given proper care at the end of her life!! Staff from nurses to Cna were unkind!! I told the staff I hope none of you have someone take care of your mother in thi … (read more)

Clearwater Center

1270 TURNER ST, Clearwater, FL, 33756

Stratford Court of Palm Harbor

45 Katherine Boulevard, Palm Harbor, FL, 34684

Located in Palm Harbor, Florida, Stratford Court of Palm Harbor is conveniently close to Wall Springs Park, Palm Harbor Blvd and Palm Harbor Shops. Visitors describe the dining room as attractive and … (read more)

Oak Manor Senior Living Community

3500 OAK MANOR LANE, Largo, FL, 33774

Oak Manor Senior Living Community, located in Largo, FL, is close to Indian Rocks Beach and Belleair Beach. Residents are delighted by a clubhouse, shuffleboard courts and a library for quiet reading. … (read more)

St. Mark Village

2655 Nebraska Avenue, Palm Harbor, FL, 34684

Just had lunch with my 93-yr old grandmother who has lived there for 18 years and the food was awesome! They have a new culinary director and I thought I was eating at a fine dining restaurant. Loo … (read more)

Manor Care Health Services of Palm Harbor

2851 TAMPA RD, Palm Harbor, FL, 34684

I was a resident here for a few months. The staff were great. They are very caring and professional. The therapy dept are great. I have recommended this facility to others including my family. The foo … (read more)

Opis Tierra Pines Center

7380 ULMERTON RD, Largo, FL, 33771

My husband is at Tierra Pines Center. It’s very good. The staff seems pretty good. I haven’t been there personally, since he had been there since the pandemic. I’ve seen his room on the phone when I c … (read more)

Palm Garden of Largo

10500 Starkey Road, Largo, FL, 33777

My husband spent 2 weeks in this facility during June 2020. He was left complete uncovered, no top sheet, call bell dangling to the floor, door to his room completely shut so his calls for help could … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Clearwater, Florida

On average, a semiprivate room in a Clearwater nursing home costs $9,946 per month while a private room costs $11,391.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Using the cost of semiprivate rooms throughout the region as comparison points, nursing homes in Clearwater are more expensive than the state average cost of $8,669 as well as the United States average of $7,756.

Nursing home prices are lower in nearby Sebring, which has an average monthly cost of $7,452. Naples has some of the highest nursing home costs in the state, at $10,391. In Orlando, a semiprivate room averages $9,125 per month. Miami has a similar cost, averaging $9,095.

$9946

Orlando

$10391

Naples

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

In Clearwater, nursing homes are the most expensive type of long-term care available. Seniors can therefore save money by considering other environments that offer similar levels of care. Assisted living, for example, often offers 24/7 care for $3,225 per month, or almost one third of the cost of a nursing home. Adult day health care is even cheaper, averaging $1,993. Homemaker services average $4,195, and home health aide services come to $4,576.

$4195

Adult day health care

$3225

Assisted living

$9946

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$11391

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Clearwater was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Tampa, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Clearwater, Florida

Free Resources for Seniors in Clearwater, Florida

Seniors in Clearwater may be able to take advantage of the following resources to help them remain comfortable in place or ease the transition into a long-term care community.

ResourceContact Service
Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas1 (800) 963-5337 (toll free)This organization offers resources to help seniors stay safe and active, including transportation, fall prevention education and home modifications. A Medicare counseling initiative helps elders access financial aid and a nutrition program provides fresh home-delivered meals each day. Mental health, fraud prevention and memory loss support groups are also available.
Aging Well Center(727) 562-4800A calendar of activities is designed to promote health in the aging population with socialization and physical fitness opportunities. These include low-impact exercise classes, art workshops and special interest clubs. Healthy aging initiatives include blood pressure clinics and fall prevention resources.
Pinellas County Senior Connections(727) 464-4200This state-run body maintains a resource center with senior-focused services ranging from financial to social assistance. Elders can also access long-term care placement, emergency preparedness and budget planning assistance.
Clearwater Vet Center(727) 549-3600Veterans and their families can get help finding and paying for long-term care here. This federal organization also provides access to entitlement programs such as pensions and disability benefits. Mental health programs and VA hospital referrals are also offered here.