Orchid Cove at Clearwater

Reviews of Orchid Cove at Clearwater

Nursing Home Reviews for Orchid Cove at Clearwater

January 07, 2017

By LightningFan

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I've been in healthcare for almost 25 years, and the nurses here are among the worst I've ever seen. The CNA's are better, and do about 90% of the work but with the exception of a few are terrible also. My father-in-law has been here for 2 months for post-stroke rehab and is unable to speak. So far, he's had 2 UTI's, and is now in the ICU for septic shock. Every time we expressed concern to the staff we were met with eye rolling and attitudes, as if we were being overly sensitive or bothersome. However, each time they refused to listen we called 911 ourselves and had him transported to the hospital. Each time we were correct that he had an issue. They do not like family involvement. If you are concerned about your family members health, this is not the place for you. There is no communication regarding care, changes in care, or follow-up treatments if an issue arises. The Director of Nursing actually said because our family is from New York that our inquisitions come off as abrasive. That is how they justify attitudes from the staff. Asking a question about your loved one's care apparently is inconvenient and unwanted. The "medical director" for this place is a joke. 2 months and we've still never met him or seen him. If my father-in-law survives this, we will be looking for a new facility.

December 10, 2015

By Robert117441350

Sunset Point has a very structured, multi-discipline rehabilitation program. They do not only have speech and physical therapy, but also occupational, and more day-to-day activities and assistance that you can do on your own. The rooms were small but clean, two-person, and not private. The services are more than adequate, and the staffing seemed to be good.

April 13, 2015

By mstngsully

Do not let your loved ones be admitted here. My father was admitted to treat pneumonia and receive some rehabilitation for his weak legs. He was there for less than 2 months. Instead of recovering and coming home he ended up in ICU with sepsis from a very poorly treated bed sore (the likes of which the ICU nurse was appalled at). He died 3 days after being admitted to the hospital. At least the hospital fulfilled their medical oath and gave him medical care, comfort and respect his last few days. Sunset point and his doctor let him suffer terribly and refused to even return my mother's phone calls inquiring about his medical treatment. She was in the process of having him moved when he went into septic shock. By then it was too late. I gave it the one star rating because no stars was not an option. I am heartbroken.

October 24, 2014

I went to Sunset point and didn’t like it at all. The overall look and surroundings are very dark, and the paintings are old. The room was a little bit dirty and very unpleasant with cobwebs. The staff was nice and pleasant. I like the dining room setup.

June 02, 2012

By JonJonJon

My grandmother stayed at this facility after a bad spill at home broke her hip. The staff at this facility are very nice and attentive, they are helpful in answering all of your questions and making you feel comfortable with the care your loved one is receiving. During my grandmother's month long stay at Sunset Point Care and Rehabilitation we were allowed to visit her daily and the times we were able to do so were made to be very flexible. It is located right next to a McDonald's and they even allowed us to bring her milkshakes because the medications that she was taking were making her feel nauseous. On only did one occasion did anything troublesome occur. She had been given sleep medication and apparently one evening she tried to get out of bed, she was lightheaded and fell out of bed when trying to go to the bathroom at night. A caretaker was there within moments and she was given bed rails and had her dosage immediately lowered. All in all I think this is a great facility with plenty of activities and friendly staff. They are competent and careful. If I were to rate this facility a 1 through 10, I'd give it a 9, only because the location can be tricky to get into if there is traffic.

May 31, 2012

By Clearwaterliving

My mother stayed at this location recently, she had broken her hip and during her recovery she needed assistance that I could not provide twenty four hours a day because of my job. In home care was also not something that could be used as our house was not wheelchair accessible. Her stay was mostly pleasant, there were a few incidents that did scare her slightly. She told me that an Alzheimer's patient was wandering around and came into her room while she was changing blouses. Overall, her stay was very pleasant. She was a bit antisocial, and did not want to be in the facility for any longer than was medically necessary, due to her being a very independent woman. If the need were to arise again, she stated that she would be willing to go back if in home care were not possible. The staff was always friendly and patient with my mother, and my interactions with them were superb as well.

Services and Amenities of Orchid Cove at Clearwater

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Orchid Cove at Clearwater

Orchid Cove at Clearwater is a senior living provider in Clearwater, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Orchid Cove at Clearwater for more details on services and rates.

Map of Orchid Cove at Clearwater