Nicknamed Sunshine City, St. Petersburg is a vibrant Gulf Coast community with 265,351 residents, over 18% of whom are seniors. Although it’s part of the Tampa metropolitan area, St. Pete stands out for its thriving arts scene, and it’s been recognized as one of the nation’s top 10 retirement destinations by CNN Money. Older adults benefit from a strong health care system that employs an above-average number of medical professionals and offers competitive costs. Tampa is home to several top-rated medical centers, and St. Petersburg has more than 20 nursing homes and skilled rehabilitation centers.

Nursing homes employ physicians, nurses and rehabilitative specialists who provide 24-hour care. These services are appropriate for individuals who are recovering from a surgery or illness, have recently been discharged from the hospital or have multiple health concerns that require ongoing attention. In St. Petersburg, nursing homes charge approximately $9,946 per month, which is higher than the state and national averages. Seniors who have less intensive needs may be able to lower their costs by transitioning to an assisted living facility or hiring a home health provider instead.

This guide includes information about long-term care costs in St. Petersburg, local nursing facilities and free resources that can help you or a family member access the assistance you need.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Saint Petersburg, FL

Westminster Suncoast

6909 Dr Martin Luther King St S, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33705

I broke my leg, and I’m in rehab now at Westminster Suncoast. They do short-term and long-term stays here. The food is not great, but it is good. They have activities occasionally. They have a big roo … (read more)

Concordia Manor

321 13th Ave N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33701

My mom moved in to Concordia Manor for about four months now. It’s a very small community and they only take 50 patients. The staff are very caring and they know every individual patient by name. They … (read more)

Eagle Lake Rehab & Care Center

1100 66TH ST N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33710

My Dad was at this facility. The staff is top notch! Caring, Considerate, and friendly. Made my father feel comfortable and left me feeling safe. Food was good according to him. Thanks for your amazi … (read more)

South Heritage Health & Rehab Center

718 22nd Ave S, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33705

My stepfather spent 4 months at this facility. The head nurse Maureen was very compassionate and caring. Woody at the front desk was very helpful and kind. All who interacted with my dad seemed to rea … (read more)

Lexington Health and Rehabilitation Center

6300 46th Avenue N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33709

I was a patient at this facility for about a month. The room was kept spotless and comfortable. The aids were helpful I would especially give two aids , Ms Simone and Ms S Guy, as outstanding in th … (read more)

Menorah Manor

255 59th St North, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33710

Menorah Manor has provided loving care for four of my family members over the past many years. Currently, with the covid pandemic, as a family we have watched with gratitude the extra steps MM has tak … (read more)

Apollo Health and Rehab Center

1000 24th St N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33713

1: Transferred aunt to another facility without notifying relatives and/ or power of attorney. 2: Aunt found to be severely dehydrated at provider visit. Patient states they wouldn’t refill cu … (read more)

Pinellas Point Nursing And Rehab Center

5601 31st South , Saint Petersburg, FL, 33712

caring, clean newly remodeled rooms
caring, clean newly remodeled rooms

Bon Secours Maria Manor Nursing Care Center

10300 4th St N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33716

Facility is beautiful, grounds are well manicured but the nursing staff could be a bit more friendly. My first experience with visiting my mother In law was terrible.. I couldn’t take her outside … (read more)

Abbey Rehab and Nursing Center

7101 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33702

Abbey Rehab and Nursing Center is not the best looking, but it has lots of good service. The medical staff is very attentive and my daughter is happy there. They have nurses and nurses’ aides, and two … (read more)

North Rehabilitation Center

1301 16th St N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33705

There is an abusive male nurse who works weekends here.He denied my wife her needed pain medications yesterday due to my wife’s religion. And he has a history of being a bully.

Bay Pointe Nursing Pavilion

4201 31st Street South, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33712

If I could give 0 stars I would ! I visited my friend recently and needless to say there were bags of linen with feces and urine located in her room. Her call light was on for more then 20 minutes whe … (read more)

Baywood Nuring Center

2000 17th Ave South, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33712

I used to visit this facility as volunteer to assist residents in their spiritual needs. This facility was heart breaking since is dedicated mainly to residents with psychological conditions. The nu … (read more)

Carrington Place Of St Pete

10501 Roosevelt Blvd N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33716

I would recommend this community to all of my family and friends. My husband spent the last three weeks of his life at this community. The kind, compassionate staff who cared for him went above and be … (read more)

Laurellwood Nursing Center

3127 57TH AVE N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33714

Putting a relative into skilled nursing on a permanent basis is a tough decision. I am a court appointed guardian and sister of a resident. I can not say enough good things about the Staff at Laurelw … (read more)

Alhambra Health And Rehabilitation Center

7501 38th Ave North, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33710

At the initial interview and even once my mother-in-law arrived, we were very impressed with the facility and it’s staff as they seemed friendly and positive. However, we should have seen it coming b … (read more)

Springs At Boca Ciega Bay

1255 PASADENA AVE S, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33707

My mother was there and started out in rehab. The physical therapy department was awful and didn’t excel in making residents better. Actually my mother went into their long term care area and got wors … (read more)

Shore Acres Rehabilitation and Health Center

4500 INDIANAPOLIS ST NE, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33703

My father was in here for a short time. He was unable to communicate or feed himself. I found him soiled and had no food to eat for days. I live in another county and work and my mother was not for … (read more)

Jacaranda Manor

4250 66TH ST N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33709

Horrible place! DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LOVED ONES HERE. Horrible care of psychiatric partients. Drugged up my loved one and changed his health and weight for the worse. -10 STARS

Egret Cove Center

550 62nd Street South, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33707

The facility is operated by the Risk Manager, who has some special skill of manipulation of the medical records and documents of the patients medical records. Documets disappear from medical records a … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Saint Petersburg, Florida

Nursing homes in St. Petersburg charge $9,946 per month for a semiprivate room and $11,391 for a private room on average.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Nursing homes in St. Petersburg and the Tampa-Clearwater metropolitan area are more expensive than other parts of Florida. Local rates of $9,946 exceed the state median of $8,669 by $2,190. They are also $2,190 higher than the U.S. median of $7,756, which represents an increase of 28%. Local rates are also high for the region by a margin of 11-18%. Seniors in North Port pay $9,186 per month, followed by Punta Gorda at $9,125 and Lakeland at $8,638, which represents a monthly savings of $1,308.

$9946

Lakeland

$9125

Punta Gorda

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Skilled nursing facilities in St. Petersburg charge $9,946 for a semiprivate room and $11,391 for a private room on average, which makes it the most expensive form of long-term care. At $4,576, home health care saves seniors roughly $5,300 monthly, and homemaker services are even more affordable at $4,195 per month. Although local nursing homes are more expensive than average, assisted living facilities cost just $3,225, which beats the U.S. median by $1,075. Adult day health programs are another alternative. These group services cost $1,993 per month and are suitable for individuals who need occasional assistance.

$4195

Adult day health care

$3225

Assisted living

$9946

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$11391

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for St. Petersburg was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Tampa, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Saint Petersburg, Florida

Free Resources for Seniors in Saint Petersburg, Florida

St. Petersburg residents can access a variety of free long-term care resources through the city and county, as well as local nonprofits. Learn more about some of the most helpful options for individuals who are considering nursing home care below.

ResourceContactService
Pinellas County Senior Connections(727) 464-4200Sponsored by the Department of Human Services, Senior Connections is a comprehensive guide that covers all resources available to older adults and their caregivers. It provides information about transportation, home repair programs, tax breaks, long-term care and financial assistance programs that can help residents with their utility bills. Residents can also reach out to Senior Connections to download a copy of the Older Floridians Handbook or to learn more about Medicare insurance counseling and enrollment assistance available through SHINE.
Sunshine Senior Center(727) 893-7101St. Petersburg’s Sunshine Senior Center offers a wealth of programs for older adults, ranging from recreational activities to a free notary service. This nationally accredited facility organizes social and educational programs, as well as fitness classes. It’s home to a number of agencies that can help with Medicare, elder law questions, Medicaid waivers, Meals on Wheels and many other community-based resources. Staff members offer information and referrals to help residents access long-term care and other supports at home or in a licensed facility.
Neighborly(727) 573-9444This organization has been providing community-based supports to local seniors since 1966. It sponsors programs that offer transportation, friendly visits and home repairs. Seniors can also take advantage of Neighborly’s virtual senior center, which broadcasts fitness programs through Zoom, as well as arts and crafts activities and educational classes related to Medicare. Neighborly also operates a Meals on Wheels program that serves more than 427,000 homebound seniors in St. Petersburg and surrounding communities across Pinellas County.
The Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas(800) 963-5337St. Petersburg’s Aging and Disability Resource Center directs residents to state and local resources that benefit seniors, caregivers and disabled adults. These services are designed to enhance residents’ health, independence and quality of life. Staff at the ADRC can connect seniors to transportation, nutrition, case management services and long-term care, including nursing home services and community-based alternatives as recommended by an independent medical needs assessment.