81 Assisted Living Facilities near Seminole, FL
Also serving communities of Madeira Beach.
There are 81 Assisted Living Facilities in the Seminole area, with 8 in Seminole and 73 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Seminole is $4,039 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Largo with an average starting cost of $2,499.
To help you with your search, browse the 599 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Seminole. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Seminole 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Largo with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Seminole, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Seminole, FL
73 Assisted Living Facilities near Seminole, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Seminole
The city of Seminole is located in Pinellas County, Florida and has a large senior population — 34 percent. It is home to eight assisted living facilities, with an additional 50 in nearby areas such as Largo, Pinellas Park and Clearwater. Florida's Bureau of Health Facility Regulation licenses several types of assisted living communities; each license differs based on type of care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Seminole
- Pinellas County, home to Seminole, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning its elected leadership "has committed to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- Florida is one of seven states that does not have a state income tax, and that includes retirement income such as 401(k) payments, SSI benefits and pensions. There is, however, a 7 percent sales tax on most purchases.
- Pinellas County scored an A and B grade for particle pollutants and high-ozone days in an American Lung Association evaluation. Seniors with respiratory conditions shouldn't worry about worsening symptoms caused by Seminole's air quality.
- Summertime highs average in the upper 80s and low 90s with high humidity and frequent thunderstorms through at least half the year. Winters are short and mild with average lows in the 50s. Located on the Gulf Coast, Seminole is at risk of experiencing tropical storms and hurricanes.
- The cost of living in Seminole is only 1 percent higher than the national average, but, aside from the beach communities, it's one of the more expensive areas in southern Pinellas County.
- With 1.85 incidents of violent crime per 1,000 residents per year, Seminole's crime rate is less than half the state and national averages.
Paying for Assisted Living in Seminole
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Seminole start around $4,039 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Seminole and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Seminole
Although Florida's Assistive Care Services and Medicaid Long-Term Care plans don't cover room and board, eligible seniors may find coverage for services at assisted living facilities through the programs.
To help with room and board, Florida provides optional state supplementation to those receiving Federal SSI benefits, and the state lets families help with fees without impacting Medicaid benefits or eligibility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Seminole
Seminole and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Seminole, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Seminole
Seminole-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Seminole, FL
Other Options in Seminole, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Seminole
Review of Freedom Square
My mother is in Freedom Square, and everything has been fine so far. The rooms seem adequate and roomy enough. The food is tasty, and she seems to enjoy it. The staff is very accommodating and cari... Read more
Review of Lake Seminole Square
Lake Seminole Square looked good to me. It had different buildings, and one building was independent. I met some nice people there. The host was very nice. She showed me two- and one-bedroom apartm... Read more
Review of Freedom Square
My mother-in-law is currently in a facility at Freedom Square rehabilitative services. In St.Petersburg She has been there for approximately two and a half weeks .She is 86 years old she had to h... Read more