71 Assisted Living Facilities near Largo, FL
There are 71 Assisted Living Facilities in the Largo area, with 21 in Largo and 50 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Largo is $2,499 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Pinellas Park with an average starting cost of $2,373.
To help you with your search, browse the 523 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Largo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Largo 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Safety Harbor with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 14 families in Largo find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Largo, call (855) 863-8283.
21 Assisted Living Facilities in Largo, FL
50 Assisted Living Facilities near Largo, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Largo
Located in the Tampa Bay area, residents of Largo who are 65 and over make up 24 percent of the population. Those who need a little extra help and are interested in transitioning to assisted living will find 21 assisted living facilities in Largo. These communities are great for seniors who want the social and community benefits coupled with assistance with tasks like personal hygiene, mobility and medication.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Largo
- Florida is one of only seven states that does not tax resident income. This means that social security benefits and pensions aren't taxed either, so out-of-state seniors moving to Largo may find some extra room in their budgets.
- With temperatures reaching the 80s and 90s more than half the year, summers are long and humid. Winters are mild and short with temperatures only occasionally dropping below 50 degrees.
- Largo, part of Pinellas County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership actively works toward making the town a great place for people of all ages.
- Largo's cost of living is about 7 percent lower than the national average. Seniors who need more flexibility in their budget may find financial relief in Largo.
- Moving to Largo is a bit riskier than other parts of the state. The city's violent crime rate is 4.7 per 1,000 residents per year. For comparison, the state average is 4.3, and the national average is 4.
- The Largo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Largo Medical Center and Tampa General Hospital, so you can feel confident you're in good hands in the event of a medical emergency.
Paying for Assisted Living in Largo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Largo start around $2,479 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Largo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Largo
Florida provides optional state supplementation to seniors who receive federal SSI benefits that can help with the costs of long-term care.
Two other state programs, Assistive Care Services and Managed Long-term Care (MLTC), can cover the cost of services at assisted living facilities for eligible seniors. Room and board aren't included in their services and there is no cap on them; however, the MLTC plan does negotiate those fees for participants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Largo
Largo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Largo, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Largo
Largo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Largo, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Largo
Review of Cabot Cove of Largo
I cannot say enough about level of care and kindnesses our mom received at Cabot Cove. Pam, it’s Administrator and her staff were responsible for a level of care crafted specifically to mom’s nee... Read more
Review of Heron House of Largo
When it became obvious that my Mom could no longer live independently I looked at a lot of ALFs. My Mom’s income is extremely low so cost was a big issue for us. The only thing she could afford at ... Read more
Review of Oak Manor Senior Living Community
I can't say enough about Oak Manor; they're fantastic. They have been wonderful with my mother and they're very accommodating. My mom has been back and forth between the hospital three times, so th... Read more