Grand Villa of Clearwater

Reviews of Grand Villa of Clearwater

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Clearwater

November 30, 2015

By Sarah47

The food is excellent and so good since I came here. I gained 6 pounds. It’s got good activities, like bingo, just about every day. It’s a really good place. The staff has been very good too. They clean my room once a week. They get my laundry and bring it back on hangers, and I have never lost any.

October 28, 2015

My husband was here. They interviewed me, and I told them he is a total care and he is a two-man lift, and they assured me that they could take care of him. When I first walked in, they were very friendly, and the facility was clean. They made you feel at ease. However, they should have never taken my husband, because he was too severe. That's what most places told me, but this one assured me they could take care of him. I regret putting him there more than anything in the world. He was there two weeks and he got sick. He was in the hospital for a week and then he went to hospice. He lasted for one week after that. My husband was in a private room, and it was sufficient. He had his own bathroom. The people up on the memory care were very nice, but the day he got sick, I could not get the nurse downstairs at all to come and take his temperature. I called in hospice, and they took him to the hospital right away. They played music; they did games; and they had the TV going. They entertained them, but my husband was the worst one there. The dining room was very clean. I don't have any negative comments about the building and about the staff. For assisted living, this facility was OK, but not for the memory-care unit.

August 05, 2015

By Linda111470050

My mom is here. The facility is very good. Everybody is very nice, kind, and very helpful. They make the transition very easy. The apartment is very nice. It is a little bit larger than some of the others that I visit. It is bright, and it is really pretty. My mom says the food is good, and it is a big priority to her. The dining room is very nicely set up. All has been satisfactory, and I just like everything about it.

July 04, 2015

By Karen110542750

This is the one we selected for my mom. The residents were very nice. They were very engaged and very active. The staff was 100% straightforward with their answers and didn't try to do the sales pitch to us. They have a lot of activities, and that's one of the reasons we selected them. They have bingo, card games, and luncheon outings to different events like baseball games. They have a good amount of activities, and they kept an active community. The dining room is large and friendly. It has open windows that look over a garden. It is very nice. The rooms are spacious. They're a little bit out-of-date. They're not brand new remodeled rooms, so they have more of an older feel, but they're spacious and nice and clean.

February 11, 2015

By Clark3

They seem like very nice people. They have nice rooms. We weren't there for lunch, and I didn't see the food, but they have a nice clean place. They were good. For what I've of seen of it, everything seems to be nice.

November 28, 2014

By David97743650

We liked it but it did have more of an institutional feel to it, it was much larger, and I was looking for something that was kind of a medium-sized for my mom. It was probably our second choice. They had a friendly staff. We actually had lunch there, and the food was good. They didn't private accommodations.

September 16, 2014

By Thomas44

The people were very nice, and the place was extremely clean. I had lunch there, and the food was very good. The residents seemed friendly, and they seemed quite happy. They were playing Bingo, and I love Bingo. They had an ice cream party too and baked cookies. They had the room set up like an old-fashioned ice cream parlor.

July 31, 2014

The only problem I had with it was the space because I couldn’t even get my bed in the room. I only have a queen size bed and it would not fit in the designated bedroom area. I have a disability, so I don't see how elderly people with walkers and other types of aides can get around. There was not enough closet space for maybe five outfits either. I live in a house that I have to sell. Then I have to downsize everything, so it's going to be a while. We really had a nice visit. It was very clean and orderly. It's still like an institution -- I mean everything is coordinated and everybody's grouped together. They have a lot of windows downstairs, so everything is open and you can see the sun shining. The place is bright. They have a conference room, a library, and a computer area. They have a little bit of everything going on: Bingo, card games, group games, group singing and quite a few field trips during the week.

June 30, 2014

The staff was incredibly friendly. The maintenance of the property is excellent. They have an available one bedroom, one bath which we need to look into again before making a financial commitment. I found their memory care unit an unhappy place. There was no music, no artwork on the wall and it felt institutional.

May 20, 2014

By Sharon83337450

They give you quite a lot of selections for the food. They offer for dinner breaded baked fish, turkey, fettuccini, braised beef. Lunch, they have light sandwiches, and this is just for this particular day. It is very nice. They have movie time and ice cream socials. The people were all very nice.

March 28, 2014

I was impressed. It is close to me. That one was going to be my friend's second choice. We did see a studio apartment. There was a bathroom and a mini-kitchen. The dining area was very nice and very upscale. The staff was very friendly and warm to the residents. The residents were very friendly as well.

January 31, 2014

I discovered that everybody who works here seems to know your name. I really think that's important. It makes you feel more welcome. It's a wonderful place. The staff is great. I have a little apartment here with a bedroom, a living room, a den and a small kitchen. It has all the amenities that a kitchen needs. I have everything I need here.

December 13, 2013

By Sandra39

It is an excellent facility. They don’t have the one bedroom, but they have a separate space for the bed. They have a full kitchen and some of them have balconies. Apartment living has full kitchen and it's the cheapest I found from all of the other facilities. You can have pets there. The staff was very decent and very good. The people get very good attention in this facility and the food was excellent.

October 16, 2013

It was much better kept. However, it was three floors and my brother gets lost extremely easy. He could walk out his front door and be lost so we decided it had to be some place where he could be free to roam the world but still in one place. It's not laid out right. The people were not as warm.

September 29, 2013

By Barbara65838050

When I walked in, it was dark. The hallways were dark, the apartments were low-ceilinged, dark and depressing. It didn't look very clean, smelled old and did not give you a good feeling. The residents sat in the lobby area and looked like they did not know what to do with theirselves. A couple of staff members were on the cellphones and looked like they were not paying attention to what was happening. They did not even look up when we passed by. I would suggest they light their hallway and update.

October 30, 2012

By Nancy 4

It is a large but old facility. It needed to be updated seriously. The staff was very nice.

Independent Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Clearwater

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of Clearwater

May 27, 2014

By  LovelyLady0000052

It was not for me, I think it would be good for my husband. The people I saw walked like zombies. The rooms were small even if there's a bedroom. Nonetheless, the place, as well as the people, was very nice. It was clean, too.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

• Dining Extra: Passport Dining

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Grand Villa of Clearwater

Welcome to Grand Villa of Clearwater. Our beautiful resort style senior living community in Clearwater, Florida, is located on three acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and offers a family-atmosphere with wonderful amenities to help our residents get the most out of life.

Grand Villa offers a full range of lifestyle options, including Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care. The different levels of care mean you only pay for the services you need and use. The all-inclusive monthly rate covers Fine Dining, housekeeping, and much more.

Grand Villa has a unique state of the art Resident Care Technology that provides peace of mind by helping to ensure that care is provided, as needed. An added feature is the state of the art Medication Management, including medication ordering and delivery services by a preferred provider, which improves accuracy and timely medication delivery.

Map of Grand Villa of Clearwater