Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest

Reviews of Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest

Assisted Living Reviews for Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest

February 28, 2018

By Robert

It was a very nice community. We visited during Christmas season, so it was beautifully decorated. There were a lot of Christmas-related activities for the residents. It's probably one of the best places that we went to. The tour guide was super, very helpful, and kept in very close contact with us. She seemed to be truly interested in finding an arrangement that would work for my mom and dad even if that didn't mean at their community. She was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable. Their food was excellent. They had several dining areas. They're beautiful, clean, and provide a wide variety of food.

September 13, 2017

By Hurricane Irma

Other

My daughter's grandmother and I were invited to evacuate there during Hurricane Irma. I am so impressed with this facility. Hall monitors on every floor 24 hours to assist in any way they could and to provide comfort to those with anxiety about the hurricane. Absolutely beautiful facility meeting every possible need of its residents. Employees were kind and efficient. When the power went out hot coffee was available and delicious pastries cold foods. A big thank you and may God Bless you for hosting us during this stressful time.

September 30, 2016

By PKN

I am living here. They have a million things for you to do, but nobody visits each other in their own rooms. The food is good. It's great, but it's not what I want.

February 15, 2016

By Elizabeth120136150

My mother is here. I can’t sing their praises highly enough. They’re fabulous. I knew about this place because I have friends with parents who were there. The staff is amazing. They are so helpful, friendly, and concerned. Every patient is important to them from the office staff and the nurses to the physical therapy and the activities people. Even when they’re not absolutely dealing with the residents, the staff stops in and sees them to talk to them in their rooms. It is just amazing. The food is excellent. It is like a three-star restaurant in the main dining room. Each assisted living floor has its own kitchen and restaurant as well. The activities are excellent. There are movies every night and fantastic parties. I had the best time ever of my life at their New Year’s party.

January 29, 2016

By Visitor301

It was fine and pretty good. They showed me around and I saw a 1-bedroom apartment with bath, full kitchen and a living room. It was of the right size. They have a library and dining room. My golf course is right next door to it.

January 25, 2016

By Caring Son27

We stopped to visit for a few minutes, and the place seemed nice. They had a nice swimming pool, and their dining area was very nice as well. They had a coffee shop and a nice library, too.

December 30, 2015

By David118181050

The activities impressed me. There is a swimming pool; there’s bingo. There are all kinds of visiting musicians and choirs. They have very liberal transportation service and very elegant dining and I got to say moderate pricing. The staff is long term, high quality, and friendly. The food is excellent with a large variety of choice at every meal and it’s very well done.

October 28, 2015

By Guenter

It was a high-rise apartment building. It was very clean with a good view all the way around. They had nice people. It was very homey inside. The homes themselves were almost in the same size. If you wanted two bedrooms, they were about 30 square feet.

March 02, 2015

By Joyce106973850

I visited and it was all decorated for Christmas. Everybody was nice. We looked at several rooms, and they were set-up to be sold. They had a good restaurant and had good service. It was a very positive experience. I liked that it was immaculately clean, and they had 12 different people decorating 12 different trees.

October 17, 2014

By Peggy40

It was actually our number one choice, but it was too far away. We liked the view, and the fact that they take you any place in Pinellas County, that they had entertainment, and happy hour every week. The dining room was spectacular. The apartments had been remodeled. To me and to my parents, it was the best place that we visited. The food was good. The activities were absolutely fabulous. I would live there if I could. If I could move down to Clearwater, I would have my parents move there in a heartbeat.

September 04, 2014

By Bob K.

Top notch living. Top notch care. Staff that are dedicated and care so much and stay involved in their residents lives because they care.

February 26, 2014

It is excellent. It’s a large community. We’ve eaten there and the dining facilities are excellent. The food, the menu and the transportation are. I see they have a good transportation schedule and they’ll take you anywhere you want to go. They have an activities calendar. The staff is excellent. That’s why we decided we want to go there.

February 13, 2014

It was great and we met with Debra who was our contact there. She was real close to my dad in age and she was very nice and diligent in following up with everything. We had lunch and the food was delicious. The rooms were very spacious with huge closets. It had a living room, bedroom, a full bathroom and kitchen. It had a beautiful view and the building had no smell. You could tell the residents were very well kept, they seemed very happy and they were interacting with others.

January 29, 2014

As far as I know it is a good place. My dad is in there. I'm not sure about their activities, but I'm sure that they do everything they can to keep their residents happy. The food is good. The people seemed to be very friendly.

January 28, 2014

By evergreens

A positive experience all the way around. Beautiful facility, a supportive and friendly staff and more amenities than I expected.

December 29, 2013

I had a very positive visit. My sister made a trip there with my mother that I had arranged and I followed it up with a visit separately when I was down there. My sister's visit was a little more involved because she was with my mother and they had lunch there. They experienced the dining room and all that. They really liked that. They had special parking with our names when we showed up. It was just a very informative, friendly and inclusive visit. But I wasn't crazy about their bathroom. I didn't think they were truly handicapped accessible that they should have been. She actually had a safer bathroom in her own home. You had to climb over a little curve to get in and out of the shower and there wasn't a grip where it needed to be when you get in and out. Then when I complained about it, they had showed me other apartment wherein they had upgraded a little more and they had add up the appropriate grip and cut out the curve. So, you still had entry that was lower. But there wasn't a seat in there. It was like you gained and lost. That was the biggest downfall. It was the most challenging for an elderly living alone. The place was also rather big and a lot to navigate for an elder lady. But everything else was a homerun. The apartment was spacious, clean and nicely done. The dining room was great.

December 01, 2013

By Julie25

We chose here and we are really happy with the facility. The staff is really nice and it's just a really nice place. They have a lot of activities and they take the residents out. They have been there for about two months now and they are really happy there.

November 01, 2012

We had three meals here. The food was good. The place was very pleasant as well as the people that live there. The apartments are nice and the atmosphere is very good. They have an outdoor pool.

August 13, 2012

By Steve7

Absolutely fabulous facility! They were terrific. Absolutely terrific. They showed us around and they were informative. I thought they did everything right. I like the place, it was very good. We get to sample their food and it was great. I was very impressed with everything. I thought they were excellent!

March 09, 2012

By Michaelsmith34

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post a review about this place because it was fairly pleasant to visit. I recently had to move my mother to this facility because she didn't like being alone. She actually was excited to go unlike the others that i have heard of. I heard a few horror stories about assisted living homes but i decided to give it a shot. My first impression were fairly good, we checked her in and we explored the building. First things first,it feels like you are in a hotel. It looks like a hotel and even smells like a hotel. Her room was pretty fancy, looking out towards the pool. They boast a nice array of things to do, such as billiards, computer labs, libraries, a heated pool. and some fun classes and such. The employees seemed very kind and willing to help us out if we needed anything. The only complaint that i have is the patio by the pool seemed a little dirty when i visited; maybe it was just dirty the day i went im not sure. Overall it seems like a nice place for her, she has only been there for a month so hopefully she will like it more after time goes on.

Independent Living Reviews for Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest

May 31, 2015

By Cynthia106909550

I really like it. It was very good. They were very helpful, nice, and friendly. They had balconies and enclosed screened patios. The grounds were beautiful. The apartments were very nice and large. They take you out to dinner if you want to go. They have a crafts room and a reading room.

May 04, 2015

It was very clean. The food was good, and the rooms were fair in size. I like the idea where they take the residents to doctors and things like that. The staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable. Location was excellent. It was across the street from a park.

August 05, 2014

I'm at Pinecrest Place and we definitely know that we made the correct decisions because of two reasons. Number one: We're not pressured to do anything that we don't want to do and you don't feel like you're in a caregiver place. Number two: There is excellent transportation available. It's a very good place. I would recommend it to anybody. There are all sorts of activities; they change by the month and there's a pool. Cleanliness is excellent. It's not what I would call a huge facility. It's probably of moderate size compared to the size of the other ones in the area. I think the whole facility is between twenty and thirty years old.

September 17, 2013

By Happy Resident2

I'm in an independent living place right now here. This place has a wonderful reputation. It is physically beautiful. They offer lots of activities and amenities. They have good people, both the staff and the residents.

Memory Care Reviews for Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest

Questions about Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We have 63 courses an associate completes during orientation and monthly to work in assisted living and memory care including resident safety, transferring, blood borne pathogens, CPR, nutrition, elopement and specific on-going memory care training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Overall, residents have low acuity and are still very active. Our personalized assisted living services offer peace of mind, because residents can obtain help when they need it. They love going out to lunch or dinner every Thursday, Bingo, brain games and they choose the restaurant or monthly event.

What programs or activities does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise is very popular, our retired professionals love the TED Talks, and educational and current events are loved here too. We also have a very active resident counsel.

What places are near Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Everything from the Gulf beaches, golf courses, Pinellas Trail, Taylor Park, malls, restaurants, theatres, museums, and more!

What transportation services does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest offer to assisted living residents?

Daily bus trips to local stores and restaurants and to Sunday church services. In addition, during the day Monday through Friday, we can go anywhere in Pinellas County.

What makes the chef or dining program at Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The same great menu that our independent living residents enjoy in addition to help with any dietary needs including various low-sodium or low-fat or sugar-free options. We have several daily entrees to choose from as well as weekly specials. Everybody loves our homemade soup. Chef Pinky has been here for over 25 years making our homemade soups! Also, seasonal menus, weekly specials and local fresh food keep it interesting.

What safety features or security measures does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest offer to assisted living residents?

Nurses are on staff 24/7, each resident has a pendant, emergency pull cords, 24-hour courtesy officers, daily check in service, fire safe building and we are not in an hurricane evacuation zone.

How does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Whatever works best for families including care connection meetings, phone calls, video calls, family connection events. We have an open-door policy.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest during daytime and nighttime hours?

6am- 2pm 2 nurses (1 being the Nursing Director), 2 med techs, 4 aides, dining staff and 2 programming associates. The med techs also help with bathing and dressing, escorting, etc. The ratio comes out to about 11 residents to each associate and that exceeds the ACHA standard. We also have nurses 24-7. 2pm – 10pm: 2 nurses until about 6pm then 1 nurse (Nursing Director) on call after 6pm- (she lives right around the corner), 1 Med Tech, 4 aides, dining staff. 10pm – 6am: 1 nurse, 1 med tech, 2 aides.

If Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, our community offers, walking paths, dog park, screened in patios and doggy play date events in the activity room.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have 63 courses that our associate complete as part of their orientation and ongoing monthly education for assisted living and memory care including resident safety, transferring, blood borne pathogens, CPR, Nutrition, ADL’s, how to handle emergencies etc.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 85. They are extremely active and love our legendary happy hours and holiday celebrations but we also offer over 300 activities and entertainment opportunities per month.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Everything from the Gulf beaches, golf courses, Pinellas Trail, Taylor Park, malls, restaurants, theatres, and museums.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest has organized?

Our over-night trips are popular – we went to St. Augustine, the Smoky Mountains, Washington D.C.- and we are planning another cruise!

What transportation services does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest offer to independent living residents?

Anywhere in Pinellas County Monday – Friday during the day! We also have bus trips 7 days a week to stores and restaurants and to Sunday church services.

What makes the chef or dining program at Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We offer all day dining daily with many entrees to choose from as well as weekly specials. Everybody loves our homemade soup. Chef Pinky has been here for over 25 years making our homemade soups! Also, we offer seasonal menus, weekly specials and local fresh food.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Large inviting lobby, Bistro Pub, restaurant-style dining room, 3 libraries, movie room, billiards room, activity room, computer room, heated pool, wood shop, exercise room, salon, shuffle board courts. This is all on our 9 acre lot.

What safety features or security measures does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest offer to independent living residents?

Emergency pull cords, 24-hour courtesy officers, daily check in service, fire safe building and we are not in an hurricane evacuation zone.

Great walking paths around the perimeter of the community, Taylor Lake and Park across street, the Pinellas trail and a private dog park on our grounds. We also have indoor doggy play dates in our activity room.

Does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We provide additional services through our “Here for You Personalized Services program”. This department employs nurses, certified nurse assistants and companions. Residents can also transfer to a spacious assisted living apartment.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

6am – 2pm: 2 Nurses (1 being our Nursing Director), 3 aids, our program manager, the programming person (M-F and another one on weekends), dining staff, our housekeeper. * We have programming 7 days a week! 2pm – 10pm: 2 Nurses until about 6pm – then 1 nurse (DON on call after 6pm), 4 aides, dining staff. 10pm – 6am: 1 Nurse and 2 aides.

What safety features or security measures does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a safe floor dedicated to residents who wander. There are secure entry and exit points.

What programs or activities does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories? We personalize our residents programming so they can continue to do the things they have always enjoyed like gardening, trips to the beach and botanical gardens, bowling, shopping, painting, exercise, girls day out getting their hair and nails done, a men’s club, etc. We find out what they love to do by extensively gathering their historical information from their families and loved one’s. We also love reminiscing and looking up current good news in resident’s home towns using the internet. We also love to reminisce through music and singing.

Our Director of Nursing assess residents’ health prior to moving in. Then again on day of move-in, 30 days after move-in and then on a quarterly basis or at a change of condition or return from hospital.

What techniques does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The family helps us learn their favorite foods so they can continue to enjoy them. We encourage our residents to do as much as they can for themselves for as long as they can – and we are there for guidance, cueing and support, as needed. We provide a clean warm scented cloth prior to their meal to stimulate their appetite. We can personalize mealtime needs for residents to ensure they have an enjoyable experience and get the nutrition they need.

How does Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Whatever works best for families including care connection meetings, phone calls, video calls and we love to share videos and pictures with families of the fun their loved ones are having.

Describe the neighborhood around Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We have the best of both worlds because we sit on a golf course, lake, park and the trail but we are just minutes from all of the stores, restaurants and conveniences on Ulmerton and East Bay Drive in Largo. We are just south of Clearwater and north of St. Pete.

Is Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Our residents typically go to Morton Plant Hospital or Largo Medical Center. We are very close to both as well as the Diagnostic Clinic. We also have a local doctor, or his nurse come in to our Wellness Center every Thursday.

Costs for Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: 8113
  • State Licenses: License# AL0093

About Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest

Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest is an upscale rental retirement community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care. We have been serving seniors for over 35 years. We are known for our active lifestyle and friendly feel. We offer a wide array of choices in apartment living, dining and activities for both our independent living residents and those who need assistance managing daily tasks. We also provide specialized memory care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Aging in place with our continuum of care means you can enjoy the lifestyle that's right for you now, and we'll be ready to provide additional care later if you ever need it. Enjoy all the benefits of lovely Largo, a range of senior living options all on one campus, generous amenities, 24/7 security and dedicated staff - without the big upfront costs!

Map of Elison Senior Living Community of Pinecrest