79 Assisted Living Facilities near Safety Harbor, FL
There are 79 Assisted Living Facilities in the Safety Harbor area, with 3 in Safety Harbor and 76 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Safety Harbor is $2,283 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 439 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Safety Harbor. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Safety Harbor 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Safety Harbor, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Safety Harbor, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Safety Harbor
Safety Harbor was known as the "Health Giving City" due to the presence of the Espiritu Santo Springs, once thought to be the Fountain of Youth. Seniors may find that the quaint city on Old Tampa Bay still brings them relaxation and health. Home to around 17,000 people, 22 percent of the population is aged 65 and older and there are 79 assisted living facilities in the area offering accommodation to seniors who need some help with daily living. These facilities are licensed and monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Safety Harbor
- Pinellas County, including Safety Harbor, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Safety Harbor Museum and Cultural Center is a center of arts and culture in the city. The museum and gallery space allows visitors showcase the history and art of the area and classes can encourage seniors to nurture their creative side.
- The Safety Harbor area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mease Countryside Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transport in Safety Harbor is provided by Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA). Riders aged 65 and older are eligible for discounted fares. Some seniors may also be eligible for Demand Response Transportation services, which offer door-to-door transportation for people unable to access the regular service.
- The overall crime rate in Safety Harbor is 15 crimes per 1,000 residents, making it safer than 72 percent of Florida's other communities. The violent crime rate is around a quarter of the state average and the property crime rate of 13.95 is around 11 points lower than the Florida rate of 25.12. This may make the city a good option for seniors concerned with safety.
- Pinellas County, including Safety Harbor, has good air quality. The county received passing grades for all three categories measured in the State of the Air 2018 report, including an A for 24-hour particle pollution. This can have health benefits for seniors with respiratory conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Safety Harbor
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Safety Harbor start around $2,283 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Safety Harbor and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Safety Harbor
Financial assistance for assisted living in Safety Park can be found through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. Seniors receiving Social Security benefits may also be eligible for additional funding through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Safety Harbor
Safety Harbor and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Safety Harbor, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Safety Harbor
Safety Harbor-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Safety Harbor, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Safety Harbor
Review of Evergreen Manor
My mother stayed at Evergreen Manor. The atmosphere was friendly and warm. The owners were very attentive and they treated the residents as family.They also took the residents for walks outside the... Read more