64 Assisted Living Facilities near Palm Harbor, FL
There are 64 Assisted Living Facilities in the Palm Harbor area, with 11 in Palm Harbor and 53 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Palm Harbor is $3,068 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Tarpon Springs with an average starting cost of $2,123.
To help you with your search, browse the 304 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Palm Harbor. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Palm Harbor 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tarpon Springs with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Palm Harbor, call (855) 863-8283.
11 Assisted Living Facilities in Palm Harbor, FL
53 Assisted Living Facilities near Palm Harbor, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Palm Harbor
Palm Harbor is noted as one of the best places to retire in Pinellas County, Florida. Located along the Gulf of Mexico, Palm Harbor is a beach community that is a suburb of Tampa. Seniors who want to retire alongside the ocean can choose from 11 assisted living facilities located within the city and 47 in nearby locations like Clearwater, Safety Harbor and Tampa.
Governed by the Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation, assisted living facilities in Palm Harbor and the state of Florida operate under a standard license for routine personal care or under a specialty license, which provides limited nursing services and extended congregate care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Palm Harbor
- The Palm Harbor area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Palm Harbor has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Palm Harbor Community Services Agency, an organization that offers health and fitness, lifelong learning and socialization programs, as well as two senior centers.
- The Florida Department of Transportation provides a Find-A-Ride service for seniors living in Palm Harbor. Rides are provided at free or discount prices and are for individuals age 60 and older.
- Seniors in Palm Harbor have a 1 in 33 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime in the city. The overall crime rate for the city is 7 percent higher than the national average. Seniors who enjoy exploring the city on their own should use caution or try not to go alone.
- The cost of living in Palm Harbor is 117. This is higher than the national average of 100 and higher than the state average of 111. This may pose a problem for seniors who are trying to live on a budget.
- Palm Harbor and most cities in central Florida experience hot, humid summers and mild winters, making this an excellent area for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities year-round. The summer high is around 90 degrees, and the winter low is around 51.
Paying for Assisted Living in Palm Harbor
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Palm Harbor start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Palm Harbor and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Palm Harbor
Payment assistance for an assisted living facility is available for eligible seniors in Palm Harbor through the Florida state-wide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. This financial assistance only applies to facilities under a standard license with private and semi-private rooms. Family supplementation is permitted for private rooms. The state also covers services in an assisted living facility through the Assisted Care Services Plan.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Palm Harbor
Palm Harbor and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Palm Harbor, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Palm Harbor
Palm Harbor-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Palm Harbor, FL
Other Options in Palm Harbor, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Palm Harbor
Review of Stratford Court of Palm Harbor
Stratford Court of Palm Harbor was clean. The residents interacted with each other and seemed happy and friendly. The food was good. It would be an excellent place for my mother. The staff was very... Read more
Review of Coral Oaks
Coral Oaks was a very nice place, but it seemed a little crowded because everything was on the ground floor. I didn't go into the independent living section at that time because it was in one of th... Read more
Review of HarborChase of Palm Harbor
We chose HarborChase of Palm Harbor and love it. My mom is now living there and her one-bedroom is beautiful, very light and is the perfect size for her. The staff has been so accommodating and nic... Read more