49 Assisted Living Facilities near Tarpon Springs, FL
There are 49 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tarpon Springs area, with 11 in Tarpon Springs and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tarpon Springs is $2,123 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 263 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tarpon Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tarpon Springs 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Holiday with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tarpon Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
11 Assisted Living Facilities in Tarpon Springs, FL
38 Assisted Living Facilities near Tarpon Springs, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tarpon Springs
Over 30 percent of residents in Tarpon Springs, located in northern Pinellas County, Florida, are seniors over the age of 65. Tarpon Springs offers 11 assisted living facilities, and there are another 52 in surrounding cities such as Holiday, Palm Harbor and New Port Richey.
Assisted living homes in Florida provide a residential setting for as few as one and as many as hundreds of residents. Standard communities cater to those who need some assistance with activities, such as dressing, bathing and mobility but are still relatively independent.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tarpon Springs
- With 4.18 reports of violent crime per 1,000 residents per year, Tarpon Springs is in line with average state and national crime rates.
- The cost of living in Tarpon Springs is about 5 percent higher than the average U.S. city due mostly to expensive housing. Seniors on a tight budget may find lower costs to the north in Holiday or New Port Richey.
- Pinellas County, home to Tarpon Springs, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- Florida does not impose a tax on resident income, which includes SSI benefits and pensions. There is, however, a 7 percent sales tax on most purchases in Pinellas County.
- While the winters are short and mild, summers are typically long, hot and humid. Average monthly highs reach the upper 80s and lower 90s for more than half the year. Expect above-average rainfall with frequent summer thunderstorms and the potential for tropical storms and hurricanes.
- The American Lung Association grades Pinellas County as an A for particle pollutants and a B for high-ozone days. Tarpon Spring's air quality shouldn't irritate existing respiratory conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tarpon Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Tarpon Springs start around $2,123 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tarpon Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tarpon Springs
Florida has two programs that can cover the cost of services at assisted living facilities: Medicaid Long-Term Care and Assistive Care Services. These plans don't cover room and board, but the state allows families to contribute to those fees without impacting a senior's Medicaid eligibility and benefits.
Florida also provides optional state supplementation to seniors receiving Federal SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tarpon Springs
Tarpon Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tarpon Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tarpon Springs
Tarpon Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Tarpon Springs, FL
Other Options in Tarpon Springs, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tarpon Springs
Review of Brookdale Tarpon Springs
I visited the community to look into future options for myself. I currently live in New Port Richey, but would absolutely make the move to Tarpon to live at Brookdale Tarpon Springs. I came in for ... Read more
Review of Allegro - Tarpon Springs
I've got my brother moved into Allegro. So far, so good. His room is very nice and very clean, and it's been repainted and recarpeted. It's on the third floor overlooking a pond and nature preserve... Read more
Review of Brookdale Tarpon Springs
I absolutely would recommend this community to anyone in the area. Such a beautiful place with a great staff and happy residents. I came in for a friends and family party it was amazing over 100 fa... Read more