Coral Oaks

Reviews of Coral Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for Coral Oaks

June 19, 2021

By J.P.

Coral Oaks was very nice. The problem was (in my opinion) the living area was much smaller than what was offered at the other facilities. The pricing was really very good. It was a lease, versus a buy-in with significant money down. You lease the place, and you could break the lease without any problem. The only thing that turned us off of it is the size of living space. For example, they have a 400-square-foot suite and that's $3,000 a month. You can get up to 700 square foot, but that's $4,000 a month. The facility was really pretty nice. They had a pool. The people were very nice. We just didn't like the size of the room, which was a major drawback. It was the easiest on the wallet, but it had a lot of ala carte type services.

June 20, 2019

By Alice

Coral Oaks was a very nice place, but it seemed a little crowded because everything was on the ground floor. I didn't go into the independent living section at that time because it was in one of their big buildings. I just went into the assisted living. The staff was very nice. They have a pool. We ate there and it was good. The room I saw was very neat, very clean, and ample. The facility was very clean and very well maintained.

January 31, 2018

By Terry

We're very happy with Coral Oaks. Mom is in assisted living and everything is great. My mom's room is very nice and very clean. They have all kinds of activities like exercises. It's a very nice place. It has a salon and everything Mom needs.

April 06, 2016

By Barbara123336450

I visited Coral Oaks. The staff was very informative and willing to help with what my mother needed. The rooms were very nice, came in several different sizes that were decent enough to be comfortable in, and seemed to be well kept. They had a craft room, bingo, and different outings.

October 28, 2015

By Guenter

I visited Coral Oaks. The people that I met there were very good. The rooms were very good, and good enough for two people to live in. The facilities, the restaurants, and everything were excellent. The menu that they had in the restaurant was good. I could only say good things about it. There was nothing negative that I saw. It was clean and so on. The only thing that I did not like was the price. It was too expensive.

June 30, 2015

By Nina14

I have visited Coral Oaks and I only met one person on the staff and she seemed very nice, have been there 16 years so I think she would be knowledgeable of it. I visited two rooms and it seemed very nice. The meal that I had on two different occasions was very good. The dining room setup had round tables for about 40 people and it was a little crowded in that room. They have crafts, play cards, recreation room that they play Wii.

May 27, 2014

By  LovelyLady0000052

The Coral Oaks was a really nice place, but they don't take patients with memory problems. That was more like a country club (with a swimming pool) with a fence. The sanitation was excellent as well. The staff as well as the rooms were very nice. The people looked well dressed, well kept, and active. I went there during meal time, and they were just getting ready to board the bus to go someplace else to eat.

January 18, 2014

By PVPACAFL

My Mom has been a resident at Coral Oaks and unfortunately has to move due to too many increases making it too expensive to stay. They don't work with you, and it's all private pay. The care she has gotten there has been excellent. The nurses and most of the aides are wonderful, and I can't thank them enough for taking such good care of my Mom. Of course anywhere you go there might be one or two aides that really don't want to be there and shouldn't be. But overall the accommodations, activities, staff, food and care has met and in some cases exceeded our expectations. It's too bad it cost too much. The place is usually very clean, however you can walk in and there are days where it smells pretty strong of urine, but you have to visit frequently to pick up on that. Having onsite maintenance helps, but does take a while to get something fixed or done. Although Coral Oaks has been a great place for my Mom; I've found that for the money you pay, you can actually find the same or even better for less at other smaller ALFs. But we don't regret the time that my Mom has been there. Great experience for my Mom over all.

November 29, 2011

By virtual reader

What I noticed when I first arrived at Coral Oaks ALF was how nice the landscape was and there was enough parking to accommodate the staff and visitors alike. When I walked in I noticed they have beautiful wood floors, ample seating for residents and visitors. The dinning room was very spacious and since I arrived just before lunch I was able to view the menu and everything looked and smelled wonderful. Also the dinning room has a large salad bar. The resident rooms were very spacious and provided private baths, and each room has their own private balcony for the resident to enjoy. Also each unit has their own private washer and dryer. The facility offers a large swimming pool with ample pool side seating and lighting for night time swimming. There is a large library for the residents with many books and ample seating in the library. Also at the facility there is a barber shop and beauty salon. During my visit I spoke to several of the residents and each resident informed me that they were very happy at this facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Coral Oaks

October 21, 2021

By Melody

My father-in-law has joined Coral Oaks in Palm Harbor. The prices were really good. They offered a great move-in special and have lots and lots for him to do. The people were very nice too. He is in independent living and they have a movie theater, a chapel, a poker room, a happy hour, and a beautiful dining room. They have a lot of outdoor activities and provide 2 meals a day. They have a pool, a clubhouse, and a shuttle to all the local restaurants and stores. They also have a walking path that goes to a plaza close by for them to get themselves to the store. Everything, so far, is good.

June 11, 2021

By doncord

I researched many places online and visited 12 in person. i selected coral oaks and moved in 5/30 2021. So far it has lived up to my initial thoughts and i am ver pleased

March 08, 2021

By David

I had an extremely positive experience at Coral Oaks. It's kind of a hotel type of setting really. The rooms were set up very well. They had sensor monitors in there, and the independent living has a washer-and-dryer setup, which was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful, too. The facility is very clean, and the dining room was very nice and pleasant.

October 03, 2020

By Michelle

My mother will be moving into Coral Oaks. It was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful. My mom's having a hard time with it, and they're very good at calming her down and appeasing her. She chose it. I think she thought she was gonna get a first floor apartment and that's why she went there. She went to Coral Oaks on her own and decided that was the place she wanted to go. The only thing that I don't like about it is they don't really have continued care. They have assisted living adjacent to the independent living building. I think it's better to be in a place where you have continued care. The rooms are beautiful. Everybody gets a washer and dryer. The staff was amazing. The community looked traditional.

June 30, 2019

By T42

The food was better when my mom first came. But over time, the unhealthy parts are more evident: margarine and poor quality vegetable oil rather than good healthier oils are used, salad baris old, vegetables overcooked and menus are repetitious. They try, and are better than some institutions, but not enough, too many shortcuts to save money rather than interesting, really nutritious food. The staff are very friendly, but it seems the management discourages personal touch or adjusting for individual needs or schedules. Activities come and go, but there is a new director for this who is making an effort to provide a broader varied program. The rooms and bathrooms are very good, but kitchen is cramped if one wants to cook. Overall better than many places, but leaves a lot to be desired.

April 19, 2019

By WW

Coral Oaks seemed very nice. I liked the food the best. It was excellent in the way that it was presented, and the wait staff was very good. The rooms were adequate. There were lots of activities. The location was good in that it was very close to a lot of shopping and different places you may want to go and visit. The staff seemed very good. They have a huge pool and a hot tub.

January 19, 2018

By Karen

I wasn't as impressed with Coral Oaks as the other place. I just didn't feel it was updated enough. There was a certain smell and the colors of the walls were very outdated. The tour guide was awesome. She couldn't have been any better. She was really great. It's just the facility itself. They had a lot of activities on the schedule. They have everything there. We went right before Christmas so there was really nothing going on when we were there, but they have everything that the other places have too. The dining area looked like a cafeteria. They need to update it and maybe change some of the colors. I wasn't really impressed with the baby blue doors and the yellow walls.

July 17, 2017

By John

I thought Coral Oaks is a very nice place. I’d love to go there, but I just can’t afford it. They have a swimming pool

November 20, 2016

By Marvin743203

I did like Coral Oaks very much. The rooms were much bigger, but the people were just older, and that is not what I was looking for. It was beautiful, the rooms were nice, and the food was great. They did offer some activities, but no one seemed to be interested in them.

November 19, 2016

By Robert578407

Coral Oaks is very nice. It's assisted living and independent living, and they're separated. I like it very much because it's very homey, and everybody's friendly. It's not too big.

November 17, 2016

By Carole250362

I liked Coral Oaks very much. There are 2 buildings -- one for assisted and one for independent living. I looked at a 1250 square foot apartment -- 2-bedroom and 2-baths -- and it was around $3700 a month. I had a great lunch there. It was wonderful. You can have breakfast and lunch or dinner. Although they don't air condition each unit, but if you lose power, they have an area that you can go to plus another area for pets that would have heat or air conditioning; that to me is very important.

June 23, 2016

By Pat738760

Coral Oaks is very nice and very clean. The staff is efficient and kind. It just needs to have more activities and more introductions to other residents. My mother does not know anybody yet. I am impressed with the cleanliness and the nice staff.

November 30, 2015

By Leslie115979350

I was looking for a facility for my mother. Coral Oaks has assisted living and independent living and has the activities that she preferred over most of the other facilities. The main thing was that they play a lot of bridge at this facility, which is what my mom plays, too. The people at the assisted living can use the amenities of the independent living facility if they are able to ambulate there. They also have daily outings to different stores like Walmart, the mall, grocery stores, drugstores, and restaurants. They’ll take them to go for a drive around the area for sightseeing, to look at houses, and just to get out and ride around. They have a really nice dining room. The facility is extremely updated and clean with really nice lighting, new paint, and new carpets.

June 29, 2015

Coral Oaks is a very good place, and I really did like it a lot. It’s very nice, and everybody is very friendly. I went into several rooms, and they were very well attended to. I was very impressed with the people as well. It's a nice place to go. The staff who gave me the tour answered all of my questions. They invited me to stay for lunch. They have a nice menu, and the food was very good. Everything was just fine. She gave me a calendar of activities, and it stated that they have a social activity plan. I would not hesitate to go in this place because it's very nice.

January 29, 2014

About a month ago, I visited Coral Oaks. We were looking for a facility for my mom and this facility seemed very nice. I've heard good things about it. I got a tour around the facility and they have a pool which is nice. The looks of the apartments were nice and it was clean. They have a kitchenette. They also have washer and dryer for each apartment. They do the laundry for people there once a week. They have a lot of various activities, like bingo, dancing, music, entertainments, and arts. I don’t have any complaints about the facility; mom is just not ready to move here in Florida yet.

June 25, 2013

By Norman2

Coral Oaks was very nice. We were able to eat there and the food was fine. They don't have more advanced services when maybe our health is not as good as it is now so we prefer others that provide those services.

Costs for Coral Oaks

Photos of Coral Oaks

Services and Amenities of Coral Oaks

• Fee Structure Extra: All Inclusive In Independent. Rent Plus Care In Assisted

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, On Site Bank, Card Room, Movie Theater, Jigsaw Puzzle Room, Billiards Room, W/D In Apt.

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Line Dancing

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10:1
  • Minimum Age: 55 Plus

Types of care

• Doctor Visit Companionship
  • Meal Preparation

• Licenses: Limited Nursing License in AL.

About Coral Oaks

Coral Oaks is Palm Harbor's Best Retirement Living offering full service community with Independent Living and Assisted Living. Resort style setting for those who want to simplify from the demands of maintaining a home. We are located within a few miles from Clearwater Beach, Honeymoon Island and Tampa International Airport. We are only steps from local shopping and restaurants. An array of amenities are available, including resort style heated pool and whirlpool, exercise room, billiards room, internet lounge, library, walking paths, beauty/barber shop, card room and washer/dryers in every unit. Services included are Chef-prepared meals, housekeeping, transportation, activities, 24-hour security and utilities. Join us for a complimentary tour to see why so many call us home.

Map of Coral Oaks