Oak Manor Senior Living Community

Reviews of Oak Manor Senior Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Oak Manor Senior Living Community

April 11, 2018

By Lyn R

We didn't like Oak Manor at all. It seemed dirty, musty, and dark. The facilities were more like apartments that were in a separate building, so if you wanted to participate in activities, or if you wanted to have your dinners or anything like that, you have to leave your building and be able to get to the other building. If it's raining or you have difficulty getting around or something like that, that makes it more difficult. It wasn't really what we were looking for. We wanted something all under one roof. For some people, it might be good. There was no sitting area. People had to take their walkers or their wheelchairs and literally sit in the parking lot if they wanted to have an outside place to sit. There was no courtyard, no nice benches, nothing. The staff member was OK. They showed us the place. The rooms were very small and the living room was like a tiny box. You probably would have to switch out and make your bedroom the living room so you'd have room for a dresser and a bed. We did not care for it at all.

June 19, 2017

By red31664

My father is presently at this facility and I am more than pleased. Yes you can be awed by the beautiful grounds by the menu that is like a full restaurant then the apartments which are lovely and kept clean but it is the care everyone walks around saying good morning hello how are you I have direct phone numbers to nurses and to the med techs who go into his room 3 times a day I am very pleased and cannot ask for anything more. My father had a little fall with no injuries they called me immediately when it happened to ensure although he didn't want to go to the hospital and although there was no injuries did I feel like he should go as a precaution of course I did not but to get that phone call and that sense of relief I have no worries. Highly recommended

March 01, 2017

By justareview

They seem to try and do a decent job. The staff is friendly. However I do have a few issues with the facilty. In an emergency issue that my relative had I felt that the response time time was not quick enough. Due to this I ended up calling 911 rather than wait. In addition, There was an instance of the maid service being delayed by more than a day. Initially the maid had told my relative that she apoligized for not being there, and would be there first thing the following morning. Around 9:30am we followed up with the welcome office who were not friendly at all. At 10:30am we found another staff member who had checked in with the maid and said she would visit the villa at 11:05am. At 11:30am I noticed the maid whom I recognized and followed up with her and she said that she would be there if appeared she may have been on her break. At 11:45am I noticed her grabbing a ride on a cart to somewhere else, My relative had an appointment that we went to around then. Though, by the time we got back the room was clean. Through all of this there was a bit of stress, which could have been avoided. My rating is more about the two events I described. The staff is most certainly friendly.

January 31, 2017

By Rod383415

Mother has been in Oak Manor for three or four weeks. She is now in a S=suite room but will be moving to a villa as soon as it is available. It has a screened porch. We're very pleased with the facility, and she's happy there. There are concerts, bingo, cards, movies, and all sorts of things going on. The food is very good. The staff is wonderful, and I haven't found anybody that is not helpful or smiling.

January 11, 2017

By Ann202002

Oak Manor was nice with skilled nursing center and apartments. It’s almost like 1 floor, you could get outside not just look out the window. There were lots of trees, and it's not just looking at a parking lot from your window. The lady who showed me the place was very friendly. It’s right next door to the church where my mom used to go. They know a lot of people my mom knew. It’s very homey, and for her it would have been nice. The rooms were nice and average sized. The dining area looked clean, and the people seemed to be having a good time with the people sitting in at the table.

October 05, 2016

By 4goodlife

Too expensive for what they offer. Old buildings/interior. Needs major updating. Office staff are not real friendly. We are not impressed with this facility.

April 29, 2015

By caring 3300

We looked at Oak Manor, and I liked it. They offered three meals, which you can eat anytime. There wasn't like a fixed time that you should eat, and they had a full menu. It was very nice, and the people were very nice. Unfortunately, my mother did not like the colors, and she did not like the fact that they had flat roofs. They offer to go to the grocery store three times a week and to the different stores. My mother likes to go to the symphony, and they didn't have anything like that. They offered the normal Bingo and things like that, and my mother is not really interested much in that. I would have liked her to stay there because they were very nice, and the food was really good.

February 06, 2015

By tinheaded

My grandmother moved in shortly after my grandfather passed away. At 84, she was not very social and felt isolated in her home because all of the friends she had in the neighborhood has passed away (and younger people were moving in). We chose Oak Manor because the staff was very helpful, the activities were diverse and it didn't look or feel like an institution. Tons of oak trees and feels like a neighborhood because its on acreage with apartments and villas/condos. My uncle jokes that Gram should work in the marketing department. She LOVES it. She has made a few friends, plays bingo, pinochle and raves about the food.

September 06, 2014

By Carla Marie

I think that safety is an issue at this facility. i saw an alcoholic and a couple dementia patients in the dining area. Save the appearances: price lower but not all-inclusive also. I could never have dad stay in Oak Manor. Adult children have many things to consider when placement becomes necessary but SAFETY is the first concern.

August 20, 2014

By Caring91242050

Oak Manor Senior Community seemed like a nice place. I have visited my mother there a couple of times. I think the rooms are very nice. The only thing is, I know she is getting dementia, and I don't know if I could get her a little fridge or not so she could have some cold drinks or water. I know she can't cook anymore, but just something like yogurt even though she has three meals a day. That is the only thing I am concerned about. They just seem like a nice community. They have their own keys to lock themselves in and out, like at their homes, and they have a key to get in. Nobody is walking in and out of their rooms; I like that. The place is very clean; they do a very good job. The only thing that I have an issue with is she needs incontinence pads and it seems like she can't get them. I don't know why. But they seem like nice people, pretty much.

February 14, 2014

By Diana27

The assisted living of Oak Manor (Largo, FL) was only a two floor, so there wouldn't be too many problems with the elevator. They have separate villas also for assisted living, and then they have independent living, skilled nursing, and memory care. My father is diagnosed with Alzheimer's and eventually he will need memory care, so we were looking out for that. Plus, it had a very woodsy look to it, something that my parents would enjoy. Actually, one of their friends already moved there and they are really happy where they are now. Quiet and woodsy were my first impressions of the facility. It was a separate community, yet close to shopping and there was a hospital a few blocks from there. It just seemed like a very calm and serene place that would be great for the seniors. The staff was very helpful. The few that we saw that day and interacted with seemed to be very helpful.

October 15, 2013

My tour at Oak Manor Senior Living was wonderful. I was able to go on a tour on a golf cart. When I went in there, they were repainting and renovating the rooms so it's great.

September 24, 2013

I went to visit Oak Manor Senior Living Community. The atmosphere was very gloomy and it was hard to talk over all the music. The staff were adequate. The smell of urine was quite evident. I was not able to taste any of the meals. I was not impressed at all.

July 11, 2012

By Matt5

Oak Manor is a very nice assisted living facility. They make the the people living there feel welcomed and free. MY grandfather lives there and he is free to do what ever he wants. They don't harass him and they are always just a push of a button away. They have a fairly nice restaurant there that I eat at when I visit him. Just outside there is a shuffle board court. The entire place is very well shaded, and there is trees and plant life everywhere. Its very well maintained. The staff is generally very nice and answers any question you may have. The housing is very large for a good price. There is a lake full of fish with a river near by. Over all I found it to be a wonderful place to visit and my grandfather loves it there. My only complaint would have to be that its kind of close to the main road so i can be noisy at times. Its also a few miles away from the nearest grocery store so its hard for my grandfather to get there. There is transportation options but the busing could be better.

Independent Living Reviews for Oak Manor Senior Living Community

August 31, 2018

By Glyn

I looked at Oak Manor, which I like very much. It's more economical, and it still has everything I want. I didn’t have too much interaction with the staff members, but when I ate there, the food was good, and the servers were good. The ativities were as good as the other places; they're adequate. I'm moving into Oak Manor because it is a better value and the location is OK. It is not convenient to stores, but it is not far from restaurants.

September 18, 2017

By Yolanda

Oak Manor Senior Living Community was wonderful and it will probably be my first choice. It had everything that I need, was clean, and affordable. The staff was fabulous. The grounds were beautiful and it was just a great place.

July 17, 2017

By Elaine

Oak Manor was very homey and had very interactive and awesome staff. They knew everybody and made people feel comfortable. It was a very homey situation for everyone. They served two meals and had a very extensive menu. If it's raining, they take you off on a golf cart. The staff was better than in any place else that I saw. If you're from independent and will transition to assisted living, you can stay in your same apartment and you don't have to move. I saw a one-bedroom, which was small but more than adequate for someone elderly who's not really cooking full meals. It had a decent-sized bedroom and living room, a small kitchen, and a nicely setup bathroom with handrails. In case somebody is handicapped, getting in and out of the shower will be easy for them. They had housekeeping, a beauty parlor on the premises, shopping, picnic, and outside activities in which buses will take them. They also had villas there.

July 17, 2017

By Peter

Oak Manor was lovely. They had a dining facility that was like a restaurant. It's open from morning to evening, and you can eat whenever or whatever you want. You get 2 meals a day on your plan. They've got a menu with prices on it, so you can eat a third meal. They had a very lovely dining room with tablecloths, and the staff that wait tables were very nice. There were villas, which were all ground quads with their own level porch and their own entrance right out into the yard, and you can park right in front of your villa. However, these were quite old and need upgrading. Everybody seemed happy and knows each other. It's big, ground wise. You could be there coming as an independent until you needed total care. It's a very caring and nice facility.

January 23, 2015

Oak Manor is very well-maintained. The staff goes way overboard to accommodate people, and we have one of the best social workers and administrators that you could have. Most dining rooms are open at certain times, and this one is open from 7 to 7 and they serve two entrees. If you do not like the entrees, you have a menu that you could choose from. The food is very good. I really do not have anything bad at all to say about it. I live in one of the villas, and our villa is very spacious. It has a full-sized kitchen, a living room and dining room combined, and a huge bedroom. They have a very good call system that you have to check in by 10:00 every morning, or they automatically either call you or come to the door. Usually they have bingo, shuffleboard, and pokeno. They have lots of outings; sometimes they go to the beach, sometimes on shopping trips to the mall, and sometimes they have casino trips. They have trivia, and they have a very good exercise class.

Nursing Home Reviews for Oak Manor Senior Living Community

March 06, 2012

By italopride

This community has the friendliest, most courteous staff I have ever encountered in an assisted-living/senior/rehabilitation community. They are extremely attentive and go out of the way to make sure the residents are happy and taken care of. They take extra time to sit with residents and check-in to see how they are feeling and what they can do to help.The grounds are also kept up well. There is always some watering the lawn and patrolling the property to pick up any trash. The inside is always very clean and smells fresh. There has never been a time that it looks unkempt or unclean.They have state of the art facilities and try to keep everything such as pool tables and books in the recreation room, and video game systems with flat screen televisions, up to date and working properly. The kitchen always serves high quality, delicious food. The food is always fresh and prepared when ordered instead of being served cafeteria-style.

Costs for Oak Manor Senior Living Community

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: 7150

About Oak Manor Senior Living Community

Oak Manor Senior Living Community offers senior living conveniences and care within a setting that establishes a true feeling of home and security for its residents. Every day is a wonderful day when you enjoy the secure & carefree way of life at Oak Manor. From the delicious meals served in our lovely Clubhouse restaurant to the superior amenities that compliment your lifestyle, the meticulous attention to detail is evident at Oak Manor.

As a full continuum of care community, we offer Independent living, Assisted Living, Rehabilitation and long term care nursing all within our beautifully shaded 16 acres of land.

Independence & peace of mind can be yours in a private apartment within our secure environment. An emergency response system, on-site healthcare and other related services make living easy at Oak Manor Senior Living Community.

Oak Manor offers affordable assisted living in an apartment or villa style setting nestled on 16 acres of shady Oak trees. Conveniently located near shopping, entertainment, dining, culture and a variety of quality health care, Oak Manor offers year-round care with a staff dedicated to you and your loved-ones.

Services

• Assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, dressing, etc.
  • 3 delicious meals served restaurant-style
  • Organized social activities
  • Electricity, water, cable and local telephone service included in rate
  • Personal laundry service
  • Weekly housekeeping including linen service
  • Professional maintenance and landscaping including pest control
  • Emergency response system & security guards on property
  • Residents are accounted for every two hours
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, church, and doctor visits

Amenities

• Beautiful grounds
  • Guest accommodations for resident families
  • All rooms equipped with safety features
  • Security and fire alarm system
  • Clubhouse and Beauty Salon / Barber Shop
  • Fully carpeted with roomy floor plans
  • Clubhouse with dining room, activities room, TV room, library, and shuffleboard courts
  • Campus is a non-evacuation zone

Located in Largo, very close to Indian Rocks & Clearwater beaches, Oak Manor is nestled away off of Indian Rocks Road. Our beautifully maintained property sets us apart, giving all of our residents a place to enjoy the 16 shaded acres of large Oak trees, without the hustle and bustle of Pinellas County right outside our windows.

We are minutes away from three Largo hospitals and the municipal golf course. We are also a short walk to Largo’s Southwest Recreation center’s olympic size swimming pool and right down the street from large shopping complexes and Largo Mall.

Oak Manor is truly an oasis of serenity amid a culture of convenience. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Oak Manor Senior Living Community