Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center

February 21, 2015

By Linda100731150

I cannot say enough good things about Peninsula. They really truly care for all the residents. They treat every one of them with dignity. They really do the best that they can; they’re just wonderful. I would absolutely recommend them. I haven’t seen anything dirty. One of the residents dropped a spoon on the floor; they picked it up, took it in the back, and brought back a clean spoon. The floors are clean; they’re no smell in the bathrooms. Even the puree food is not awful, and the residents have their choice, they could have a hamburger or a grilled cheese. They can have whatever they want; they just have to request it anytime.

September 22, 2014

By Sharon81360250

I really had a pretty bad experience at Peninsula Care. I made a complaint to them since it was almost like my husband was a prisoner at the place. They moved him to another room and they told us someone had just moved out of the room. They had been treating this room for some very serious wound infection and since housekeeping wouldn’t be back until Monday then that wouldn’t be clean until then so he couldn't use the bed. When my husband had to use the bathroom, I saw a housekeeper and told them that the bathroom needs to be clean so that my husband can use it. She went in, came out, and said there’s nothing wrong with the bathroom. There were dried urine spots on the toilet seat, a dirty towel hanging across the bar, a waste basket not emptied and it took the fourth person coming into that room before they actually improved it. I had spoken to one of the administrators who was on our side and the nurse that I had talked to in the beginning about the bathroom problem. When I talked to the main administrator, she acknowledged that there were some problems there and that she could understand my frustrations. She added that they were certainly going to work on them and they did. Something like that shouldn’t have to happen before they work on it. They did change a number of things and he was there for almost a month. There were some positive changes and the therapy department was good.

May 02, 2014

By Caty

This place only acts like they care about the patients. I personally witnessed rain coming down from the ceiling in a patient's room right next to her bed and they just left her there. There is black mold in the ceiling vents and my allergies act up every time I visit my friend and I leave not being able to breathe and with a migraine because I am very sensitive to mold. I would NEVER send my loved ones there.

September 19, 2013

By Kathy70629650

My husband has been in Peninsula Care and Rehabilitation Center since July 5th. Our primary care doctor's assistant visits the center daily that's why I decided to place my husband there. It is also like 6 miles from our home. I have regular meetings with the social worker, the director, and the therapists from the PT, OT and speech therapy departments and my husband is helped through these meetings. He has made terrific stride in the physical therapy department. When he came in, he was completely unable to walk. Now he has progressed to a point where he can use a four-wheel walker. They told us that he has about two or three more weeks and then they plan to discharge him home. Food was not bad but since they had a change of director, it has improved. Would I recommend this facility? Yes I would! They seem to have an extremely caring and encouraging staff, even the aides and the nurses. They would spend time talking and getting to know, not just the patients, but also their families. I feel very comfortable with my husband there. This is a very good facility.

September 11, 2013

By jsolza

My father was in this facility for about seven months. While the care he received was excellent, I do have a very big problem. His gold ring was lost. I was told it was in the safe and I never questioned it. After he passed, I was told it was not in the safe. I contacted two nurses who remembered the ring, and both of them thought it was in the safe. I called the administration, was referred to their counsel, and NOTHING HAPPENED. THE ATTITUDE WAS OOPS!!! So, I in spite of the excellent care my father received, I would not recommend this facility.

December 13, 2011

By Savanna F

I was very impressed with Peninsula Rehabilition Center. They have a very impressive set of staff members, from the in house doctors, to the maintenance and food service staff. They have a very high patient to nurse ratio, and they have round the clock emergency services. Every patient is seen every day, but the staff doctor or psychiatrist, as well as therapy at least 5 days per week, with every session being at least 3 hours long. This is an in patient hospital, but they also see out patients as well. The facilities are very clean and well taken care of, and every patient has top of the line medical care. You can tell that the doctors and nurses really care about their patients. There is absolutely no signs of senior abuse, and every patient really seems to enjoy their stay and time there, from the out patients who only come in a few times a week, to the patients who have lived there for years. Every member of the staff goes through a rigorous screening process, they only let the best of the best in. All in all, I would have no problem sending a family member to this facility, I would have peace of mind knowing that they are in the best of hands.

Services and Amenities of Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2020

About Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center

Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Tarpon Springs, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Peninsula Care And Rehabilitation Center