48 Assisted Living Facilities near Port Richey, FL
There are 48 Assisted Living Facilities in the Port Richey area, with 2 in Port Richey and 46 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Port Richey is $2,450 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Hudson with an average starting cost of $2,095.
To help you with your search, browse the 321 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Port Richey. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Port Richey 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Holiday with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Port Richey, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Port Richey, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Port Richey
Port Richey is a small city of around 2,600 people located on the Pithlachascotee River. There are many opportunities for fishing or strolling by the river for seniors who enjoy spending time by the water.
Over 27 percent of the population are aged 65 and older and there are 47 assisted living facilities in the city and surrounding area offering them accommodation. In Florida, the Agency for Health Care Administration monitors assisted living facilities, which may hold a Standard or Specialty license depending on the type of care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Port Richey
- The Port Richey area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Port Richey is rated at 90 on the Sperling index, 10 points lower than the national average. This is largely due to the low cost of housing. Everyday expenses, including groceries, utilities and transportation, are higher than the U.S. average. Healthcare costs are rated at 97, three points below the national average, which may lead to savings for seniors with health conditions.
- Seniors who want to leave cold winters behind may appreciate Port Richey's warm weather. In January the average low temperature is 49 degrees and the city doesn't get any snow. In summer, the July high is around 90 degrees. There are around 239 sunny days each year, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- Public transit in Port Richey is provided by Pasco County Public Transportation. Riders aged 65 and older are eligible for a reduced fare. Some seniors may also be able to access the door-to-door paratransit service.
- Florida has no state income tax, so seniors don't pay taxes on any income. In addition, the state's sales taxes are close to the national average, allowing seniors to put more money towards their assisted living budget.
- Port Richey has a high overall crime rate of 61 crimes per 1,000 residents, higher than 96 percent of Florida's other communities. While the violent crime rate is only slightly higher than average, the property crime rate of 56.52 is more than double the state average of 25.12. This may be a concern for safety-conscious seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Port Richey
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Port Richey start around $2,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Port Richey and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Port Richey
Seniors in assisted living facilities in Port Richey can find financial assistance through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. People receiving Social Security income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Port Richey
Port Richey and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Port Richey, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Port Richey
Port Richey-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Port Richey, FL
Other Options in Port Richey, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Port Richey
Review of The Cottages of Port Richey
Everything about The Cottages of Port Richey was first rate. The facility was very nice and the rooms were very nice. The staff members that I met with were quality people. The residents were very ... Read more
Review of Jennifer Gardens
I want to commend the staff for the care they give to the residents. Today I attended the "Drive by" due to Covid. All the residents were so happy to receive the attention of the many cars that d... Read more
Review of Jennifer Gardens
I toured Jennifer Gardens and it seemed clean and nice. I saw a private room with a bath, and it appeared to offer what mom needs. The receptionist showed me around and it was very brief. I think s... Read more