Vitality Living Hudson

Reviews of Vitality Living Hudson

Assisted Living Reviews for Vitality Living Hudson

August 06, 2021

By Sal

I have lived here for 3 years. I love being here where I feel like I am family.

January 20, 2021

By Christine2

I toured and the tour was excellent, it looked wonderful, and it's not in an urban area. They have a pool, but we were not able to visualize any activity being done. The rooms were beautiful, they had several floor plans, but the ones we looked at were smaller than the other place we've seen. The dining area was beautiful, it's like walking into a resort.

March 16, 2020

By WW

We lived in here. It's an excellent facility, but my wife needed more care than they were licensed to give. The staff was excellent, very accommodating, and very helpful. The girls knew that my wife generally had to go to the bathroom after a meal, and they would be waiting at the door for us to come back. The accommodations were excellent. Our room was nice and large. The dining area was very good, and their meals were excellent. Their chef cooked for two different presidents. It's a very pretty environment, and it's back in the woods a little bit. I would recommend it. They seemed to have a very good variety of activities.

November 16, 2019

By James

We found it to be a really nice assisted living community. Their individual apartments were really nice and the staff was very helpful. They had a really nice activities room, a library section, their facilities are very nice. I saw the dining area, it's very nice and the food was very well-planned out. We really enjoyed our stay there during the tour. A few of the residents were playing cards, I saw some of them watching TV and others were doing some reading.

February 15, 2019

By Jean

My mother has been a resident for several years now. I think the community is very good, and the appearance is beautiful. The staff is extremely loving and kind; I couldn't ask for a better staff. I don't have complaints about the food when I've eaten there. My mother says the quality of the food has gone down, but I'm not sure if that's true. They do come and tell my mother each day the activities they have where sight is not required, they're very good about that. They do have a lot of activities. Her apartment has a living room where she has room for four chairs and her TV, and she has a kitchenette with a bar she can sit at to eat. She has a two-burner stove, but she really has no reason to cook. She also has a microwave and a refrigerator. There's plenty of storage space. She has two very large closets and a linen closet, a large bedroom, and a nice bathroom with a walk-in shower. The staff is wonderful.

August 21, 2017

By Christine

It was nice. The staff was really friendly, and I got a thorough tour of the place, but it was very large for my grandmother. The staff was very friendly and informative, and even gave us brownie bars. The studio room was unfurnished with a small kitchen but was a very good size. The dining area was very large and like a full-service restaurant. They come to your table and take your order, which was very nice. The place was very clean.

January 23, 2017

By William018652

It was very nice and very clean. The people were very friendly. It was a nice place. They had activities, like bowling and a pool table. We saw the dining area and had some delicious cookies that they made.

October 06, 2016

I visited and the place was clean, secure, and large. The staff was friendly, and the food was good.

October 04, 2016

By David068402

It was a very nice place, and they did a really good job there. Mom lived there for 3 and a half months, and they were the best out of all I saw. Staff looked very attentive and good; it’s just that in that facility they have their own little room; they can’t really monitor the people. They have a lot of activities as well. Food was really good; they have three dining rooms and a wide selection of food on the menu. They have physical therapy, activity room for different games, a library, and bands coming in to play music. They have a bus that takes them to shopping.

December 28, 2015

By Jack48

My friend has been in here for two months now. He is impressed with it and likes the layout and the food. He is happy there. The staff is tremendous. He is in a room with a kitchen and a bathroom. However, they should get him a roommate; he would be happier, then.They have a lot of activities.

November 09, 2015

By Christine115709250

My parents used to live here. My mother loved their apartment which was on the ground-floor and very spacious with a big porch that led out to the pool.

July 31, 2015

By Jennifer110963250

I was very impressed. It was very clean and home-like. The people there were very friendly and nice. They have a chef there, but I just felt food was fair. Also it was in a very safe neighborhood. There was a hospital within walking distance.

May 28, 2015

By Jean107023150

We chose here because it's my mother's favorite. We will be signing with them. It was very elegant, and it had everything that we were looking for as far as her being to age in place. The food is good. Everything was clean and very fancy. The staff we dealt so far has been wonderful. The apartments were beautiful and of perfect size. It has a beautiful view from all the rooms.

April 27, 2015

By Mike104323550

I liked it more. It’s independent-living, but you have the ability to go from independent to assisted without having to move. You didn’t have to go out and find somebody to come in and give you the medical care that you needed; they actually had them on site. We had a very good meal. It was stuffed cabbage -- something I hadn’t had for a long time -- and I was very impressed with it. Their dining area was an elegant dining room with a wait staff so it was very nice. There was a 2-bedroom. There was no oven, but you had a 2-burner cooktop that you could do cooking on in case you didn’t want to go down to eat breakfast. They had heated swimming pools, water activities, outings, and transportation to medical appointments within a certain radius of the facility. The lady that we met was very knowledgeable. She had lunch with us, sat down, and answered all of our questions the best that she could. We did not feel like we were rushed at all. If she didn’t know, she actually would find help for us, so it was enjoyable. They do evaluations on the residents every 3 months as to whether or not they feel they need to have any type of assistance which is good. My in-laws were both impressed.

January 12, 2015

We decide we will go to here because it is a cozy place. It is warm, and the food is great. It is a very pleasant place. The staff is terrific. It is close to a hospital which is right across the street. I have a calendar of the activities, and there is plenty going on. They take bus trips. They have all kinds of exercises, crafts, and bingo. They have the whole nine yards.

November 03, 2014

We looked here and the staff was very welcoming and nice. They had a pool and an exercise room. They had field trips all the time. The place was really nice. It was comfortable. It had a restaurant style dining room, which is very clean and very neat. The waiterss were very nice, and the meal was very good. It was very impressive, and we decided that's where we would like to go, if and when we need to go.

June 30, 2014

I really liked it a lot. They have different sizes of rooms. They have studio apartments. The staff that I met was very, very good. I tasted some desserts; they were good. They had a movie room; they had bingo. They had quite a few things. I like where it's located. It's a very attractive and cheery place. There are stores around there, too. I liked pretty much the whole thing.

June 27, 2014

By Cindy5017

The staff who gave us a tour was very nice. The rooms were very nice.

April 29, 2014

By Reeni

We were able to visit. The staff, the facility, everything I saw was better than I imagined. They were really good. We considered this facility to be at the top of our list. They had beautiful grounds, and you could look out at any window and see nature, which was nice and uplifting. The apartments were open and spacious and very practical. The halls were like you're in a nice hotel. You can just go down and order anything you want at any time you want in your dining room. They also allow pets.

March 20, 2014

By philly5695

It is a beautiful facility and everything there is top-notch. It has chandeliers and stained glass windows, and covered parking. They don’t have a dementia unit, though. The cleanliness is excellent. They have a separate dining room and adequate waitresses. The food is excellent. The staff is excellent as well.

November 21, 2013

By Mike35

It was pretty much a ground level operation. It looked nice and I was comfortable with it. It's right across Fivay from a regional hospital there which is handy also. The big drawback was the distance from my home. It was too far to be convenient if Mom needed me for whatever reason or when I have to take her to a doctor's appointment or get her hearing aids adjusted. They had pretty extensive activities to keep everybody entertained and communing with each other.

July 22, 2013

By Taz1

The Sales team (mainly Sharon) was wonderful and so respectful to my father. They spoke directly to him and listened to his questions. It felt collaborative and they introduced us to various department heads as well as residents. We came back a second time and had a delicious lunch followed by more apartment viewing. My father committed to moving in on this 2nd visit! This was major shift from his anger and sadness at prospect of giving up his home and "stuff". The staff enabled him to see himself as a resident, and the fact there are so many other Veterans there is a major plus. This facility is close to my home and I feel he will be safer and happier here.

July 12, 2013

By Michelene

My grandmother is staying here. This community is not far from her hometown. It just felt comfortable there. The rooms they have there are very clean and are of a good size. She got an apartment that includes a mini-kitchen, a bedroom and a living room, and the apartment overlooks the pool. She just really loves it. The staff is very professional. They check on her every morning and remind her when it is time to eat. If she is not feeling good, she can order food up to her room. They also offer medication management which I think is really important. They just seem hands-on in terms of care. Also they have many activities throughout the day. They also offer transportation around the community and they can take her to the doctor. My grandmother is happier since she moved into this community. I just wish they could add on a unit that specializes on Alzheimer's care.

May 31, 2013

By caring1326

My parents live in a two-bedroom apartment. They love the food there. The staff are good and they have entertainment all the time. They have all kinds of games like mind games. They bring the residents to the stores and they go to church. My parents are happy there.

Independent Living Reviews for Vitality Living Hudson

November 20, 2021

By KS

It was close to friends of ours that live in Port Richey. It looked more of a contemporary place. They did have a very nice area that they opened up, and they were having a thing for the veterans because it was Veterans Day that day we went. They've got a calendar of activities. They've got chair exercises and yoga. We walked through while they were having an exercise class, and there must have been 30 men and women exercising in chairs. So that was very impressive. The staff was very helpful, very kind and considerate, and listened to all the issues I have with my husband. Seemed very interested in making sure that he was the right fit for the right place. They gave us a sample of their baked goods. They've got a pool and a gazebo that they can go and sit out on, and walking trails. Each apartment has either a balcony if it's on the upper floors or a patio, and the balcony is screened in.

October 25, 2021

By Patricia

It was a huge facility. There were hundreds of people in it. The dining room was huge. My mother-in-law was there for three years. It was a very nice facility. She just needed to be closer here. She has more family in Georgia than she had in Florida. Other than that, everything was fine. She was in independent living. She loved it except we had one major issue. We were very shocked that it happened. She had a little poodle that used to ride on her lap, on her scooter. She was there for years and years. They let another resident move in a few weeks before this incident happened with a big dog which was a Rottweiler. It was an older lady in her 90s with this big dog. While she was walking the dog and my mother passed her and the dog on her scooter, the big dog snatched my mother-in-law's little poodle off her lap and tore it to shreds. I don't know why they would have had such a size of a dog in their facility. Other than that, the facility was very nice. She loved the facility, but that was just too much for her to handle. The staff was beautiful. They had a chef. We used to eat there with her, and the food was excellent. The facility was gorgeous, huge, and beautiful. Everything was taken care of so nice there. We just had that one bad incident and that was all it took for a senior. They had lots of activities. They had arts and crafts, bingo, cornhole, exercises, a pool, pool activities, and outings. You could go catch the little shuttles to go shopping, grocery shopping, or shopping for clothes. They went to the casino in Tampa once a month. It was a nice facility. You can't really tell anybody what size of dog to own but when they go in a facility with senior people, unfortunately, you shouldn't have a 100-pound dog that you can't control, so we had some problems with that and we had to get the Animal Control involved.

July 11, 2021

By Ciro

I like the setting. It was set back near the hospital, which was very good because if something happens, it's close by. It's set back into the woods so it's very quiet because it's like a woods setting. It was a very nice place; as you get older, you want quiet settings. The staff is very friendly, very helpful, very knowledgeable, and very accommodating. They're very, very good people. I didn't try the food but I saw the menu and I saw people eating. They also told me about what they're serving and how they're serving the different foods available. I was pretty impressed. It was very comfortable, you walked in, it's very open, high ceilings, and chandelier. It looks like a hotel; it didn't look like a senior living place but it was like a big fancy hotel. The rooms were well displaced, they have balconies, the views, and the place was just perfect.

August 20, 2019

By George

It is excellent and out of this world. They were friendly. They have a smoking area, which is unusual. I loved the place, and you can just come and go. The food is great. The lady in charge was excellent. The rooms are like apartments that have a patio out back so you can sit outside.

March 21, 2018

By Gary

This community and its staff were very good. My mom will be moving in next week.

November 03, 2017

By Kelly

Everything was fine. The only thing we didn't like was that the rooms were smaller than we would have liked. However, the staff was very accommodating and helpful.

July 17, 2017

By Ellen

I visited for my brother, and it was very nice and very clean. The staff was very friendly and very caring. The director was wonderful, very helpful, and accommodating. They had a one-bedroom and two-bedroom that were not very large but were very clean and very nice. Everyone had a balcony or porch. They allowed pets and had a very nice dining room. They had two or three places where people can eat.

Questions about Vitality Living Hudson

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Vitality Living Hudson. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 80 years old. Favorite things to do is Social Hour, BINGO, parties, trivia games and exercise

What programs or activities does Vitality Living Hudson offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Morning exercise, meditation, afternoon walks, Tai Chi and water aerobics

What places are near Vitality Living Hudson or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Sam's Beach Bar and Show Palace Dinner Theatre

What transportation services does Vitality Living Hudson offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to doctor's office, shopping and outings for lunch and museums. Scenic drives and picnics in the parks

What makes the chef or dining program at Vitality Living Hudson exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Three restaurant style meals per day.

What safety features or security measures does Vitality Living Hudson offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour emergency call system

If Vitality Living Hudson accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Every apartment has a screened in balcony. We sit on 10 acres. There's a sidewalk that goes around the whole community with benches along the way for walking.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Vitality Living Hudson. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Sam's Beach Bar and Show Palace Dinner Theatre

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Vitality Living Hudson has organized?

Trips to the movies, Tea Room, ice cream shops and Popcornerie

What transportation services does Vitality Living Hudson offer to independent living residents?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Lobby, Billiards Room, Resident Lounge, Arts and Crafts Room, Library, Activities Room and Swimming Pool

What safety features or security measures does Vitality Living Hudson offer to independent living residents?

24 hour emergency call system

What safety features or security measures does Vitality Living Hudson provide to protect residents who wander?

They would need Memory Care, which we do not have

• Licenses: 7242
  • State Licenses: ALF AL7242

• Get Costs

About Vitality Living Hudson

Vitality Living Hudson is a warm independent and assisted living community that offers seniors all the comforts of home. Look forward to a fulfilling day with social opportunities, activities, educational programs and wellness events. Take a morning swim in our pool or enjoy a short walk outside; we offer countless opportunities to make the most of retirement living. We are located on 10 acres in Hudson, Florida, a suburb of Tampa, FL. Creating an environment of trust and companionship, Windsor Woods provides the ultimate senior living experience, with delicious dining, dynamic calendars with more than 200 monthly events, and the freedom to choose which opportunities to explore next.

Map of Vitality Living Hudson