43 Assisted Living Facilities near Hudson, FL
Also serving communities of Bayonet Point.
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hudson area, with 7 in Hudson and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hudson is $2,045 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 373 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hudson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hudson 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Safety Harbor with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 27 families in Hudson find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hudson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Hudson, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hudson
Hudson is a city located on the west coast of Florida. In the 2010 census, almost 36 percent of the city's 12,000 residents were aged 65 or older. Six assisted living facilities in Hudson cater to this large senior population, and there are a further 42 in nearby communities, such as Trinity, Bayonet Point and New Port Richey.
These facilities may have a Standard or Specialty license based on the type of care they provide. In Florida, the Agency for Health Care Administration licenses and monitors assisted living facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hudson
- The weather in Hudson is warm year-round, with an average low temperature in January of 49 degrees Fahrenheit. Summers can be humid, and the average July high is around 90 degrees. Although the city doesn't get snow, it does average 52 inches of rain each year, which is 13 inches more than the national average.
- The Hudson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transit around Hudson is provided by Pasco County Public Transportation (PCPT). Riders aged 65 or older can get a Reduced Fare identification pass to receive 50 percent off fares. PCPT also runs a door-to-door car service that some seniors may be able eligible for.
- Florida has no state income tax, which means seniors keep all their Social Security income, pensions and retirement funds. Additionally, the state's sales tax is close to the national average.
- Hudson has an overall crime rate of 27 per 1,000 residents, which is higher than other communities of a similar size. Although both violent crime and property crime rates are slightly lower than the state average, 60 percent of Florida's other cities and towns are safer than Hudson. Seniors living in Hudson should take normal security precautions when venturing out on their own.
- Hudson has an array of community resources for seniors, including CARES, an organization that offers programs and information to help older adults live as they wish as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hudson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Hudson start around $1,895 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hudson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hudson
The Medicaid Long Term Care Program and the Assistive Care Services waiver may be able to provide financial assistance to seniors who are living in Hudson assisted living facilities. Seniors receiving income from Social Security may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hudson
Hudson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hudson, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hudson
Hudson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Hudson, FL
Other Options in Hudson, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hudson
Review of Atria Park of Baypoint Village
We are so happy we moved mom to Atria Park of Baypoint Village. One of the best decisions we have made. The care they have given mom is wonderful. The staff treats my mom like she is park of their... Read more
Review of Atria Park of Baypoint Village
I just love everything about my home. Everyone is so nice. They take very very good care of me. Everyone loves my little princess. So happy I can live with my little dog. I had a one bedroom f... Read more
Review of Atria Windsor Woods
I had my dad at Atria Windsor Woods and he was very happy! Even during covid the staff were caring and supportive, activities set up facetime visits, the meals were delivered as room service, whic... Read more