17 Assisted Living Facilities near Spring Hill, FL
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Spring Hill area, with 15 in Spring Hill and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Spring Hill is $2,757 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Brooksville with an average starting cost of $2,175.
To help you with your search, browse the 171 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Spring Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Spring Hill 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hudson with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Spring Hill find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Spring Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
15 Assisted Living Facilities in Spring Hill, FL
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Spring Hill, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Spring Hill
Spring Hill, Florida, is situated on the western coast of Florida, approximately 200 miles from Tallahassee. Nearly a quarter of the city's population is over the age of 65, and those seniors are served by 17 assisted living facilities (ALF). There are an additional 33 ALFs nearby. In Spring Hill, like the rest of the state of Florida, the Department of Elder Affairs regulates ALFs, and the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation oversees facility licensing into four distinct categories.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Spring Hill
- Florida's tax policy draws many seniors to live in cities such as Spring Hill. Because Florida does not have personal or state income tax, and Social Security is also exempt from taxation, seniors can spend more of their budget on leisure and living costs.
- The Spring Hill area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Bayfront Health Spring Hill Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Spring Hill has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Spring Hill Enrichment Center, an organization that offers activities such as deaf services, dancing and other physical exercises and congregate meals.
- The Spring Hill area is serviced by The Hernando Express mass transit system, and seniors are eligible to receive reduced fares. Buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts for those with physical limitations. The nearest airport to Spring Hill is the Tampa International Airport, around 50 miles away.
- There is an average of 33 crimes per square mile in Spring Hill, less than half the average number of crimes per square mile in Florida as a whole. Seniors who are concerned about the crime rates in Florida but still want to live in the state could look to Spring Hill as an option for safer living.
- The air quality in Spring Hill, with a score of 69, is significantly better than the average air quality across the nation (score of 58). These numbers are derived from the levels of hazardous pollutants in the air and have an effect on respiratory health. The superior air quality in Spring Hill could factor into a better quality of life for seniors looking to spend time outside.
Paying for Assisted Living in Spring Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Spring Hill start around $2,757 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Spring Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Spring Hill
Across the state of Florida, qualifying seniors can apply to receive financial assistance for assisted living through the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC). If seniors are not eligible, the state of Florida pays for certain ALF services at specific facilities through a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Spring Hill
Spring Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Spring Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Spring Hill
Spring Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Spring Hill, FL
Other Options in Spring Hill, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Spring Hill
Review of Atria Evergreen Woods
We went to Atria Evergreen Woods and we liked it. The person that toured us was very nice, something that my client was comfortable with, she did the tour, she liked the area, and it seemed to be n... Read more
Review of Atria Evergreen Woods
My mother moved into Atria Evergreen Woods and it's been good. They were helpful in getting Mom settled in, and the care is good. We've had no problems. She seems to be happy there, and as far as t... Read more
Review of Forest Oaks of Spring Hill
Forest Oaks of Spring Hill is fine. It's an older place but it seems clean and looked nice on the inside. The landscaping though is really terrible and I was almost scared when I saw how awful it w... Read more