27 Assisted Living Facilities near Brooksville, FL
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brooksville area, with 5 in Brooksville and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brooksville is $2,460 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 256 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brooksville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brooksville 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Spring Hill with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Brooksville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brooksville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Brooksville, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brooksville
Brooksville, Fla., in Hernando County, an hour north of Tampa, is situated on Florida’s Nature Coast. Seniors here have much to explore outdoors in the Withlacoochee State Forest and the nationally-ranked World Woods Golf Course. There are also six assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Brooksville and 53 in the surrounding communities. They are all overseen by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation department of the state of Florida. The state's philosophy on ALFs is that they should be run as residential homes with supportive services, rather than as medical facilities. ALFs in the state are generally homelike and comfortable for their residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brooksville
- Brooksville has an exceptionally low cost of living. Housing, in particular, is very inexpensive, at only 43 percent of the national average. Groceries, health care and miscellaneous costs all hover around the national average. Transportation is five percent more expensive than the U.S. average. For seniors in assisted living facilities, the monthly cost is very reasonable, at $2,070 per month.
- As for climate, the area around Brooksville has comfortable winters and humid, hot summers. There are 240 sunny days per year and an average of 52 inches of rain per year. The July highs top out at an average of 91 degrees Fahrenheit, while the January low is usually around 46 degrees Fahrenheit. For the majority of the year, the climate is comfortable for seniors to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Florida does not tax Social Security income or any pay for that matter, so seniors living in the state have more money in their pockets, making Brooksville an excellent place for seniors to retire.
- The city of Brooksville has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Tampa.
Crime is a serious problem for the city of Brooksville. Violent crime rates are over twice the national average, while property crime rates are about 50 percent over the national average.
- The transportation system in Brooksville provides a Demand Response service for seniors and people with disabilities. It's a curb-to-curb service that takes seniors anywhere in the city. Regular bus routes also provide transport to some areas of the city.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brooksville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Brooksville start around $2,460 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brooksville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brooksville
Seniors who live in ALFs with private or semi-private rooms can access funding help through the state's 1915(b)(c) MLTC program. The state's Assistive Care Services program also provides help and funding for the services supplied by residents in ALFs.
An OSS payment is available as well to help SSI-receiving seniors to pay for their room and board. Finally, seniors can receive help through Family Supplementation for costs beyond those covered by the OSS payment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brooksville
Brooksville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brooksville, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brooksville
Brooksville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brooksville, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brooksville
Review of The Grande
This is a nice place if your loved one is generally healthy. As they begin to decline, find another place. My mom has been in the hospital multiple times since being here. The hospital/rehab facili... Read more
Review of Noble Senior Living at Brooksville
Since being switched to Noble from Tangerine my Aunt has had constant trouble calling and getting through to talk with staff and her sister living at Noble. Communication throughout the pandemic ha... Read more
Review of Noble Senior Living at Brooksville
Rooms have roaches all over, Simply disgusting! The food is terrible! They had turkey at Thanksgiving and left over turkey for 4 more meals. And always noodles. Residents go to other rooms and ... Read more