11 Assisted Living Facilities near Inverness, FL
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Inverness area, with 5 in Inverness and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Inverness is $2,491 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 71 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Inverness. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Inverness 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hernando with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Inverness, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Inverness, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Inverness
Inverness, Florida, has numerous parks such as the Waccasassa Bay Preserve State Park and the Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, that residents of assisted living facilities (ALFs) may enjoy on short trips with family and friends.
There are 18 ALFs in and around Inverness, with the majority of them receiving four-star reviews and above. In Florida, these communities are called residential care facilities and licensed through The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). In order to qualify for an assisted living designation, a community must house seniors in a non-restrictive, home-like environment. Facilities can be licensed with standard or specialty care licenses.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Inverness
- Seniors wishing to reside in Inverness can enjoy a moderate year-round climate with a score of 72 out of 100 according to Sperling’s Comfort Index. The city gets an average of 52 inches of rain and approximately 246 sunny days per year with a temperature range between 44 degrees in winter and 91 degrees in summer.
- The air quality in Inverness is ranked well scoring 67 out of 100 and beating the U.S. average of 58, which is good news for seniors who have respiratory ailments.
- In Inverness, cost of living is 13.6 percent lower than the U.S. average. Housing costs are considerably lower compared to the national average and to the rest of the state. Transportation and grocery costs are slightly higher than the national median but slightly lower than the state-wide average.
- Seniors who need transportation around Inverness can take the Citrus County Transit Orange Line bus which offers 24 stops around the city Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. Seniors over 60 ride for free.
- The state of Florida has low taxes in general and residents across the state enjoy sales tax of 6 percent and no income tax. This could be helpful for seniors living on a budget.
- Inverness has an array of community resources for seniors including the state-wide Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) Program which provides goods and services to eligible seniors including medical supplies, legal assistance, transportation, shopping assistance and medical therapeutic services. For organized activities, seniors can visit the East Citrus and Inverness community centers to enjoy exercise classes, meals, games and entertainment.
Paying for Assisted Living in Inverness
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Inverness start around $2,491 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Inverness and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Inverness
Florida seniors may receive funding for assisted living through two government programs: the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC) and the Florida Optional State Supplementation program (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Inverness
Inverness and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Inverness, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Inverness
Inverness-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Inverness, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Inverness
Review of Crown Court
I had an in-person tour of Crown Court. Location-wise, because my sister-in-law is more active, so it's more of a downtown location. It's a converted hotel that is assisted and independent living, ... Read more
Review of Highland Place
I went to look at Highland Place. The people are friendly. Even the people that live there now are very friendly. It's a convenient place for my mother and her friends if they want to visit. It's c... Read more
Review of Pleasant Grove Manor, Inc
My brother just went into the facility 1-1/2 wks ago and my other brother, sister-in-law and I were concerned (stressed) how we were going to get him to stay there. With the help/advice of Julie, ... Read more