14 Assisted Living Facilities near Crystal River, FL
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Crystal River area, with 4 in Crystal River and 10 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 83 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Crystal River. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Crystal River 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Homosassa with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Crystal River, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Crystal River, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Crystal River
Crystal River is a coastal area with small-town charm located near the Withlacoochee River. The site was once home to a cedar harvesting industry, but now this serene area is perfect for a quiet retirement.
The Crystal River area is home to 15 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs), with 4 in Crystal River itself and another 11 in surrounding towns nearby. ALFs provide supervision and personal services to elders. These communities are regulated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) and Florida Department of Health (DOH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Crystal River
- The cost of living in Crystal River is 7.8 percent lower than the U. S. average. Seniors might be able to save some money here.
- In addition to a lower cost of living, seniors throughout Florida can make a dollar stretch further as social security checks, pension income IRA and 401(k) are all untaxed due to the state's lack of income tax.
- The Crystal River area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Citrus County Resource Center, an organization that offers seniors a place to play games, learn and socialize as well as three senior centers nearby.
- Seniors with a respiratory illness or bronchial condition can enjoy the fresh air in Citrus County. The American Lung Association gave this area an A grade for excellent air quality.
- Seniors and their families may be concerned that the crime rate in Crystal River is very high. Violent crime is scored at 90.8 out of 100 (1 is the safest) compared to the U. S. average of 31.1. In addition, property crime is also high at 68 versus the nation's 38.1 average.
- The climate in Crystal River is warm and sunny throughout the year. Humid summers average around 91 degrees in July and the area gets 52 inches of rain. Winter low averages are mild at 46 degrees. Seniors may enjoy the opportunity to be outdoors year-round.
Paying for Assisted Living in Crystal River
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Crystal River start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Crystal River and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Crystal River
Florida seniors can help cover the cost of assisted living through the Statewide Managed Medicaid Care Long Term Care program if they are eligible. Senior residents who do not have Medicaid may be qualified to receive aid from an additional six non-Medicaid programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Crystal River
Crystal River and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Crystal River, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Crystal River
Crystal River-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Crystal River, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Crystal River
Review of Cedar Creek
We chose Cedar Creek because they're very one-on-one. They have exercise and Catholic and Baptist preachers come in, so they have 2 churches a week, and my friend loves that. The food is excellent.... Read more
Review of Sunshine Gardens
The everyday engagement is awesome. I have never stepped into a place that feels so loving. Read more
Review of Sunshine Gardens
All the workers I spoke with were super sweet and very informative.. The place smelt clean and all the resident's looked happy.. I was very impressed with this place. Read more