20 Assisted Living Facilities near Lecanto, FL
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lecanto area, with 7 in Lecanto and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lecanto is $3,067 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 99 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lecanto. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lecanto 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hernando with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lecanto, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Lecanto, FL
13 Assisted Living Facilities near Lecanto, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lecanto
Lecanto, Florida, is a city located 80 miles north of Tampa with a senior population of approximately 26 percent. There are many outdoor parks in Lecanto, including Lecanto Community Park, an outdoor recreation site offering seniors 20 acres of jogging trails, wildlife and shaded grounds. Seniors seeking assisted living facilities (ALF) in the Lecanto area can pick from 19 different facilities, with six directly within the city limits and an additional 13 nearby. Assisted living facilities in Lecanto, as well as in the rest of Florida, are defined by the Department of Elder Affairs as establishments that offer residential services in a home-like environment to adults who cannot live independently. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration licenses the four separate categories of ALFs in Florida, including mental health care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lecanto
- In Lecanto and across the state of Florida, Social Security and pension income are exempt from taxation. This is a huge draw to seniors who are looking to spend more on assisted living costs and less on taxes.
- The Lecanto area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Inverness, Florida.
- Lecanto has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Citrus County Resource Center/Central Citrus Community Center, an organization that offers fun and companionship to seniors in the area through computer classes, games and various exercise programs.
- Though Lecanto experiences 13 more inches of rain each year than the national average annual rainfall, the city does not get any snow. With temperatures hardly dropping below 45 degrees, the warm weather in Lecanto is ideal for seniors seeking to escape harsh winters and enjoy a more temperate climate.
- The overall crime rate in the city of Lecanto is approximately 7 percent higher than the national average crime rate. This means that those who choose to live in this area have a one in 33 chance of being a victim of a crime.
- Public transportation in Lecanto is provided by the Citrus County Transit system. Seniors who are above the age of 60 qualify for free transportation when using the Orange Line (fixed bus routes).
Paying for Assisted Living in Lecanto
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lecanto start around $3,067 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lecanto and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lecanto
Financial assistance for assisted living in Lecanto can be found through the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC). Alternatively, the state of Florida also funds specific ALF services through a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lecanto
Lecanto and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lecanto, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lecanto
Lecanto-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lecanto, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lecanto
Review of Superior Residences of Lecanto
Superior Residences of Lecanto was a good place. They have excellent people, and the rooms were excellent. They provide activities and they have a gorgeous courtyard. I would give them a five out o... Read more
Review of Brentwood Retirement Community
The food we had at Brentwood Retirement Community was excellent. The apartments were great. It was gorgeous inside and clean. The staff member was great, but it's too close to the highway. If you n... Read more
Review of Rosecastle of Citrus
The people at Rosecastle of Citrus are very good to my mother. It's a nice place and I'm happy with it. She is in more of a studio, but they have one- and two-bedroom apartments. They play bingo, p... Read more