The Grande

Reviews of The Grande

Assisted Living Reviews for The Grande

March 29, 2017

By Mary654250

We visited The Grande. The people were very caring and very welcoming. The place was very clean and nicely furnished. All of the residents seemed to be pleased and happy. The food was wonderful. They had cards, did shopping trips, took residents out to lunch, and movie nights. It was such a nice place that my husband and I looked at each other and said, "This is where we will go when the time comes."

November 24, 2016

By Jerrilyn

We are at the Grande, and they do a pretty good job. The room and the people are nice. If you got a problem, they do work it out. I suppose the food is alright and good, but the portions could be bigger. He can’t eat enough in the dining room, and the dining room is a little bit far from us. Here, I am allowed to cook, and we eat in our room. They gave us the biggest room they could because my husband is big, so we’ve got the biggest apartment in the facility. I have a living room, kitchenette, bedroom off to the living room, and bathroom off of the kitchenette.

November 13, 2016

By Glenn681041

The people at The Grande were very friendly, and it was a nice place. We had dinner there, and the food was excellent. They serve breakfast and lunch, and then they also have food you can order all throughout the day if you want to. The staff was very friendly, and the residents were very friendly, too.

August 22, 2016

By Demetri014613

Everybody at The Grande was very helpful, and everything looked good. The staff was pleasant and courteous. They had trips, outings, and events going on in the facility. What impressed me was the size. The dining area was nice.

January 15, 2016

By Elderly90

It's owned by a large corporation, buying every building in site around America to profit off the elderly, and it's run like a institution, zero nutrition for food, lazy maintainace workers, things almost never get repaired, most of the lower paid workers are nice and friendly, however the Chiefs are the snaks and fakes praying on the weak and vulnerable families that are in crisis with there loved ones. They nickel and dime you on top of their rate. Food is their biggest over head, so how do you max profit on food, you serve low quality cheap prison food, never meat, and always out of your request.
Hello, my name is Katie, and I work for Holiday. We are so sorry to hear this perspective. Our staff works hard to make sure The Grande is the best possible place to live and retire for our seniors, and is very sorry to hear these thoughts on our community. We wish you well in your search, and sincerely hope you find a retirement community that better suits your needs. Thank you so much, Katie

January 15, 2016

By Elderly options zero

It's owned by a large corporation, buying every building in site to profit off the elderly, and run like a institution, zero nutrition for food, lazy maintainace workers, things never get fixed or repaired, most of the lower paid workers are nice and friendly, however the Chiefs are the snaks and fakes praying on the weak and vulnerable families that are in crisis with there loved ones. They nickel and dime you on top of their rate. Food is their biggest over head, so how do you max profit on food, you serve low quality cheap prison food.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, I want to apologize for the negative experience that you're having at The Grande. Although I disagree that we serve "prison food," I agree that we are a large corporation and with that, we have the means to feed our residents well. (After all, meals included in most lease agreements, correct?) With that said, we are doing a lot to improve our food service across the board. We are still in the fledgling stages of improving our Dining & Hospitality program, but reviews like this help us hone in on where our meals are missing the mark, so thank you for taking the time to write a sincere review. If you have any other concerns, please know that we're here to listen. You're welcome to call our Home Office Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks again for your honesty, Katie

August 31, 2015

By Liz C.

Having to make the decision to put my mom in an assisted living facility was a difficult one. I visited several different ALF's in Spring Hill and Brooksville over a 3 month period and ultimately chose The Grande. It was clean, the staff was very friendly and the food was great. We recently moved my mom in and she is adjusting well, thanks to the staff. She even brags to her sister, who is in an ALF in PennsyIvania, about the food. Kudos to Chef Katie! I have nothing but good things to say about The Grande and would recommend the facility to anyone having to make the decision to put their loved one in an ALF.

June 13, 2015

By Maureen19

The Grande was very nice, and the food was great, but my mom just feels like it’s a nursing home. The rooms were very clean, and the people were very nice and respectful. The clientele that’s there were all very happy looking and all said hello. They have bingo and singing as part of their activities.

April 18, 2015

By Jeena

The Grande LLC was not updated or well-kept. The staff was accommodating and friendly, but they were not as professional. The dining room was adequate; it wasn't huge, but it was acceptable. The rooms were a good size and very spacious. I didn't like the place, so I got in and got out pretty quickly; I didn't pay too much attention. It had more of an asylum feel. It was cheaper, and the rooms were bigger, but it wasn't a nice place.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry to hear about your experience at The Grande and appreciate your sincere review. I've passed your feedback onto our Resident Relations team for their review. Please feel free to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331 if you have anything else to add. Thanks, Katie

February 10, 2015

We went to The Grande. The converted a hospital into an assisted living. It smelled like a hospital. It wasn't as clean as it should have been. The food was terrible. The place wasn't cheerful; people need to be cheerful. I was not comfortable at The Grande.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so very sorry that you had a negative experience at The Grande. Making visitors and residents feel welcome is a key component to the Holiday lifestyle, so I passed your review on to our Resident Relations department. You're welcome to call them as well if you'd like to share any other part of your experience with them. Their number is 1-800-370-8331. My apologies once more and thank you for leaving a sincere review.

November 03, 2014

By mhowell

THis place is terrible. The service is always bad. he workers are always changing. No one knows what is going on. The director is leaving. There is no organization. My Dad took the bus to Publix and the driver didn't come back for two hours. THe nurses do not give my Dad his meds on time. If he doesn't ask for them he doesn't get them. He is in assisted living. The is no assisting. The food is terrible. No meat for most lunches. My Dad ways 3500.00 for what? Keep your family away.

Hi - thanks so much for reaching out. We're very sorry to hear about your father's negative experience at The Grande. We'd like to know more details about his experience and see if there's anything we can do to rectify the situation. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations line, 1-800-370-8331, at your convenience.

July 31, 2014

By Susan89571050

The Grande's comfort level is better. They have Bingo for all the residents. They have different people come in and entertain them. They have sing-a-longs, card games, and all kinds of activities for residents to be more involved and to get to know each other. The food is very good. If they don't eat in the dining room, they can eat in their own room; food will be delivered to them. There were never any questionst that the staff could not answer. My dad lived there independently before he moved to assisted living. He just pushes a button and they'll assist him with anything he needs. My dad left from the Grande and went to rehab for five months; then he went back to the Grande. During the rehab process, they helped us get him back to assisted living instead of a nursing home facility. The director there -- she is phenomenal -- better than I've seen in any other facility that I have visited.

May 28, 2014

By Caring81934750

I was very happy there at The Grande. I thought they were excellent. They seemed to be very attentive to the residents. I thought everything was wonderful. The rooms that I saw appeared to be suitable for the specific resident, whatever their needs were. The rooms appeared to be comfortable and seemed well lit.

April 29, 2014

By Reeni

The Grande is more like an institution because it used to be a hospital. They are trying to redo it into an assisted living and independent living. The apartments were very large and spacious. The courtyard in the middle was nice. The dining room operates at certain hours. They invited Mom and Dad for a free weekend, so they were very generous with that. They need an exercise room because they don’t have one. They weren’t organized yet because they are still starting.

June 29, 2013

By Mary64782050

We decided to choose The Grande because the rooms were spacious and they had more selection for independent living. The price is affordable about $1800 a month.

January 04, 2012

By grande fan

This place is what it says GRANDE love the staff and the residents are also GRANDE!! so compassionate I felt like a King as soon as I stepped foot in the door

Independent Living Reviews for The Grande

March 28, 2016

By Sarah121910750

I’ve had a patient at the Grande. It was a nice-size room with a private bathroom, and the gentleman had his own furniture in there with plenty of space. I checked the dining area, and it was very nice. They had an open house and the residents were into the hostesses, and it was really nice. They had exercises and would take them on outings.

May 06, 2015

We visited The Grande. The staff there was very nice, but I didn't like the individual room. The shower was extremely small, and she would have to step over or step up into a 6-inch step, which she could not have done. The individual apartment was too small. There was only one pull chain in the entire room. Pets were allowed, and it simply smelled lie urine. I think it was cat's urine. We visited on a Friday night, and they were having some live entertainment. Their dining area was very clean and very nicely set with lots of light.

January 29, 2015

By Barry9

The Grande was really close to where I was living and where my brother lives. Everybody was very friendly, and I just kind of liked the lay-out for where it was, which was really nice for us. Things were more centralized and exposed together. I thought it might be an easier access for my parents with their limited mobility. It wasn't as new as the other place, but everything still looked pretty clean and good. I couldn't find anything really wrong with it. I think the rooms were just a bit bigger. It was fine, and I liked it. I was trying to convince my parents, but they wanted to go home.

September 08, 2014

By Robert94454550

I've seen The Grande when I was looking for an independent living facility for myself. It's an old hospital that was converted to a facility. It's nice and clean. It's brand new and bright. For their apartments, they have a one bedroom, studios, and I think they also have two bedrooms. I was there for lunch and their dining area is clean and they have good service. The food is so-so. They have movies and they go to different places as well.

June 23, 2014

By Julio2

The tour with The Grande was excellent. I was quite impressed with the location, the surroundings, and also with the people I got to talk to. I met a lot of them, and they were just delightful. If I was looking for a place for myself, that would be where I would go. The place I saw was quite spacious. They had a single room, TV, a bathroom, and a balcony that looked out to the garden. They had all kinds of activities like exercise, singing sessions, and movies. They’ve got it all.

October 30, 2013

By Maggie13

Right now I'm living at The Grande and the facility is very nice. I liked the fact that when it was established, it had a very good staff. They were able to advertise that they have very caring people which is true. Whenever you ask, there is always somebody to take care of you, so they were very good with that.

Costs for The Grande

Services and Amenities of The Grande

• Fee Structure Extra: Il Is Inclusive/Al Is Rent+Care
  • Independent Living Starting At: $2000/month

About The Grande

At The Grande, we know how important it is to make each day more exciting, comfortable, enjoyable and easier for our residents. Whether this means offering a bit of assistance for residents who want to live as independently as possible or providing opportunities to be more active, engaged and involved, our world revolves around making life better for everyone at The Grande.

Independent Living:

At The Grande, you’ll find the retirement lifestyle that you desire and deserve. Instead of thinking about chores and the tasks of homeownership, think about how you’d like to spend your days. With a full activity calendar, maintenance-free lifestyle and endless opportunities for life-enrichment, relaxation, and fun, this is a lifestyle that WOWs!

Assisted Living:

The Grande provides a wide variety of opportunities to make life great, all while providing the care that’s needed if it’s needed. Enjoy programs and activities, make your social calendar as full as you want, explore the surrounding area and relax with friends. Each day is ready to be filled with everything you love, with caring support ready and waiting.

The Grande offers everything residents want and need in a prime location. Just 45 minutes from Tampa and close to local shopping, dining and attractions from Busch Gardens® to the Lowry Park Zoo and The Florida Aquarium, there’s something to do for everyone.

Map of The Grande