Addington Place at College Harbor

Reviews of Addington Place at College Harbor

Assisted Living Reviews for Addington Place at College Harbor

August 21, 2017

By Danis

Addington Place at College Harbor was lovely and fantastic. The people were very friendly, knowledgeable, and caring. The place was spotless and clean. The food looked lovely, but I did not stay for lunch. They had lots of activities on their calendar.

July 10, 2017

By CaringReviewer141115

I liked Addington Place at College Harbor (formerly Allegro St Pete) very much. The staff was wonderful, very cordial, very polite, and knowledgeable. The rooms were well divided, and the lighting was fine, but they were like condos, which had light only on one side of the unit. The grounds were acceptable and nice.

February 04, 2017

By AngryandgrossedoutinStPete

Caution, Caution, Caution ! While the first floor of this facility looks inviting and beautiful, the care in the so called " skilled care" area is abysmal. The true RN to patient ratio is no where what they advertise, and contract staff are called into to fill in. The lack of attention to cleanliness was very disappointing. The staffing was so poor and the facility so questionable, we discharged my brother to home care, rather than fear for his medical safety. We witnessed a patient with dementia, placed at the nursing station for hours on end. It was chilly in the hallway and she was shivering, they ignored her. Numerous other patients sat in chair in the hallways for hours at a time... We also found my brother's mattress to be old, lumpy and actually torn ! Imagine the bacteria growing in that mattress, given the past sick or incontinent patients that used it, absolutely disgusting. Unless you are prepared to be at that facility the majority of the day or night, to advocate for your family or loved one, know they could be at risk at this facility.

December 30, 2016

By Victoria818120

Allegro was very nice but expensive. The staff member was very nice to my daughter who lives across the street in a condominium and very informative. People were having dinner and sitting around chit-chatting. One time whenI was there, they had some band or music going on.

November 22, 2016

By Becky556580

We liked Allegro. My sister liked the apartment. She liked that she had a water view when she looked down. We saw the restaurant. They had a bus. They took them out to places. They took them out to dinner. They had pool, a hot tub, and a workout room. It was very nice.

November 17, 2016

By Inge145423

I will be moving in to Allegro-St Petersburg. The grounds are beautiful, and the facility is very nice. It's very accessible to stores and all that I'm used to, and it's only 15 minutes from my house. I will have a 1-bedroom apartment which is right by the water, and it's extremely pleasant. The food is very good, and they offer 2 meals a day. They have a menu every day. They had a birthday party when I was there, and they have a list of activities posted that you can participate.

October 13, 2016

By Happy Visitor855746

Allegro was very nice -- no question about it. It is something that we will certainly consider. Activities seemed fine, but at this point, it is not that important to my wife or I; I’m pretty much housebound. The dining area seemed very nice. I think they had a buffet breakfast. There were sit-down tables, and the menu looked fair. We know a couple of people who live there, and they were happy with it. That’s important to us also to get their opinion. It was OK for us, but we’re not just ready. Nevertheless, out of all the places we have seen, they’re probably the most desirable. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They were able to answer all the questions we had.

June 11, 2016

By Carol178210

We liked Allegro. I thought it was pretty and seemed less like an assisted living facility than some of the other places and seemed a little more independent. The rooms were very nice, and the one-bedroom was huge. The staff was very nice. The services and amenities seemed great and similar to all of the others. They would clean your apartment and change your beddings and towels once a week instead of every two weeks.

March 30, 2016

By Visitor124456350

We visited Allegro. They have several different types of sufficient apartments. The staff was awesome, wonderful, and spectacular. I talked to the head of the dining services, and he was a super-duper cook. Everybody would be happy to have him. He was a real chef and a wonderful person. They have activities just like everyone does. They have everything there.

June 10, 2014

Allegro is clean, fancy, and attractive. It’s very nicely decorated. The food is good, but it’s not very useful because a lot of people there are on special diets. I think they need more people who are able to assist the residents. The people who worked with my mom-in-law are very nice, but it’s really difficult to get somebody that can assist her and do the things she needs done during the day. I don’t think she has gotten the care that she needs, she has gotten worse since she has been there.

April 26, 2014

Allegro is where my mother spent five months. She was first in the skilled nursing, and then she moved to respite care, and then from respite, she stayed in the same room, but she was there as assisted living. She was very, very close to her home. The facility is so beautiful, and her room was adequate. There were some issues, but we worked through them. The activities were wonderful. She was part of everything. She played bridge when she was capable. They had a little hair salon there that she still goes to, even now that she's home. They had trips to museums and to plays, and that was wonderful. They have a wonderful woman who plans their activities, and she does a very, very good job. They have a beautiful dining room, beautiful facilities, and the people who were servers that were there were just fabulous, but the nursing aides and the non-existent nursing care was where they really fell down bad. I was there two months at a time and was with her every day for two months, easily, as were my sisters at other times. The only time I ever got a call back was when I called in January to say that she would be there till the 1st of February and then we were taking her home. That was the only time anybody was ever concerned with us because she was leaving. They were trying to talk us out of having her at home. I gave them a list of things that had gone on that they should check into. They never, ever sent a follow-up questionnaire, a follow-up survey, a follow-up letter. Their nursing aides sit around on their rear ends on the phone all day long instead of helping people. When my mom really needed help, they were sleeping and getting paid for it. They were missing the care component. Everything looked just beautiful, and people act so caring when you are getting ready to sign on the dotted line, and then as soon as you do, it's like they fold up the tent and they leave.

April 29, 2013

By Roger4

I did all my looking initially online and visited. The food was excellent. It is much smaller, but it's a nice facility. They don't have as many activities obviously because they are a much smaller facility. They're very neat and clean. Everybody was very nice and friendly. We talked to some of the people that lived there about the staff and the facility and they spoke very highly of them. The waitress we had that day has been there for many years. It seemed like a very warm, friendly and family-type atmosphere.

Independent Living Reviews for Addington Place at College Harbor

July 17, 2017

By Peter

Addington Place at College Harbor was very close to where we live. It's bigger, more luxurious, and more expensive, but less homey than the other place we visited. It's very lovely, and it's in a very nice location. It's on the bay way going over to the beach located on the Intracoastal Waterway. They have a dock, and you can walk out and look at the water. You may have breakfast as one of your meals, and then you can have lunch or dinner. We would've considered it, but they didn't have any availability on the ground floor with outside openings, and they only take 1 small dog. They said they might be able to stretch it to 2, but it was not their normal policy. The apartments were very nice, the facility was very clean and well run, and the people we talked to were happy. Their activities were on the high scale. They do outings. They had beautiful grounds, and the plantings were gorgeous.

May 22, 2017

By robert852722

I am living in Addington Place. It is very nice, and the food quality is getting better. It wasn’t very good for a while, but they have a new chef, so it seems to be improving. There are not a lot of activities; some people think there isn't enough to do. They have some of the standard things, but nothing very imaginative. They take us to restaurants for lunch, and of course we have to pay when we go. We are right near the water, so we have beautiful views, and there is a college nearby where people can go to classes for seniors; a lot of people take advantage of that. It is a nice setting. We finally got a nurse who stays here for emergencies. This is new management and they are trying to improve.

Questions about Addington Place at College Harbor

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Addington Place at College Harbor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have 75 independent and 75 assisted residents.

What programs or activities does Addington Place at College Harbor offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Extensive exercise programs, celebrations, events and outings. We also have bible studies, prayer breakfast, services - faith based and Catholic.

What places are near Addington Place at College Harbor or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We visit Publix and local stores that are less than a mile away. Less than ten minutes to the beach.

What transportation services does Addington Place at College Harbor offer to assisted living residents?

We visit the bank and post office every Tuesday. We visit the grocery store every Wednesday and Friday. We take our residents to the doctor Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

What makes the chef or dining program at Addington Place at College Harbor exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We are lucky to have Chef Lisa. she is Italian and from Long Island. We receive frequent complements about residents dining experience. We have monthly themed dinner parties and invite friends and family. We have a beautiful dining room over looking our pool and residents love our salad bar. Our dining times are flexible.

What safety features or security measures does Addington Place at College Harbor offer to assisted living residents?

Residents use a key fob to enter the building. Everyone else must check in at the front desk.

Costs for Addington Place at College Harbor

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: 6140
  • State Licenses: AL6140

About Addington Place at College Harbor

Addington Place is an all-inclusive apartment community within St. Petersburg, Florida, offering full amenities and spacious apartments. Assisted Living is for seniors who value their independence, but need some support with activities of daily living such as medication management, bathing, dressing, mobility, companion services, housekeeping, personal laundry and more. Addington Place begins with a customized care plan designed to meet an individual’s unique needs. This plan outlines areas of assistance that our dedicated care staff will provide to support residents’ needs. A Resident’s peace of mind is top priority at Addington Place and Care Staff is available at a moment’s notice, 24 hours a day.

Addington Place offers 2 meals per day, weekly housekeeping, 24-hour security, safety features in each bathroom, transportation services for those who no longer drive, 24-hour fitness center, concierge services and a robust social engagement calendar to keep our Residents active, healthy and socializing. Addington Place is a rental community so you do NOT “buy-in” but rather, you sign a lease with a 45-day out clause to use at any time and for any reason.

Addington Place Services

• Warm and caring staff available 24-hours a day
  • Up to three delicious chef-prepared meals every day, served restaurant style or delivered to you with your room service option
  • Convenient scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping and activities
  • Weekly housekeeping
  • Social, recreational and educational programs planned by a full-time Lifestyle Director
  • Fitness and wellness classes for every ability level
  • Full service beauty salon and barber shop
  • Wellness center with services available from local healthcare professionals
  • Assistance with transition planning
  • Nondenominational chapel on site
  • Full time community concierge service

Addington Place Amenities

• Waterfront location on beautiful Boca Ciega Bay
  • Elegant Dining Room
  • Private Dining Room for special gatherings
  • Walking paths through beautifully landscaped gardens
  • Heated outdoor pool, whirlpool and cabana
  • Putting green & shuffle board court
  • Complimentary laundry facilities
  • Furnished guest accommodations
  • Complimentary computer center
  • 24-Hour Emergency Response System
  • Convenient access to fishing on the intercoastal waterway
  • Access to Eckerd College programs, a national leader in lifelong learning

Thank you for your interest at Addington Place at College Harbor. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Addington Place at College Harbor