Heron East

Reviews of Heron East

Assisted Living Reviews for Heron East

May 10, 2016

By MitchZSPBM

The people at Heron East were very friendly and gave us tours of the different types of rooms. We went over the pricing and stuff like that. Overall, it was a pretty good experience. It was beautiful, nice and cheery, and the residents were pretty happy with what they have. They do arts and crafts and have nice grounds where they can go outside to spend the day out. They have transportation services to doctors, shopping, field trips, and salons. You have to eat in the dining room. They had large studios but no separate bedroom spaces.

November 16, 2015

The staff at Heron East spent time with us during our visit. They were very good and efficient. The rooms were of a nice size and very updated. The place is modern. We were not able to eat there, but their dining room is very spacious and nicely set up.

September 15, 2015

We looked at Heron East for my mother. It really was very nice, but the rooms were really small, and that was the turn-off right there. With regards to the staff, I didn't like the waitresses. They were rude. I had lunch there, and the waitress was rude to all these old folks. The food was OK though.

September 14, 2015

Heron East was very well run. The employees had been there for a long time. There was no big turnover. They were very attentive. My mom enjoyed her time there. The rooms were beautiful. The food was good. They let everybody order what they want. They had a walkway that goes all around the building. They also have bingo, parties, entertainment, and movies.

June 18, 2015

By Gary108626450

The people are very friendly and very informative, and Heron East fit the price range of my friend. They have mostly activities in the afternoon. They do beach volleyball, bingo, horseracing, word games, and chair exercises primarily.

November 03, 2014

By Joe46

My dad says the staff at Heron East is very nice, and the food is very good. It doesn’t seem like there’s a ton of activities. The room seemed very nice and clean. I like the bathrooms. Their showers are walk-in showers. They’re very nice and very safe, and my dad can bathe himself in that type of shower.

June 10, 2014

I like the person that gave us the tour at Heron East. She showed us what they had. They had a lovely room there; however, because my brother had equipment like his walker and, wheelchair, and he wanted his full size couch and queen size bed, it was too small. They only had four large rooms, and they were inhabited by people, and he would be on the waiting list. Other than that, it was very clean, and they had been voted most popular by the families in the area. So, they had high ratings. They took us to lunch and it was fine. I really liked everything about the place.

August 12, 2013

By Gene5

I moved in last week to Heron East. They have great people and I'm staying in a private room with a bath. They serve very good food.

August 09, 2013

By jmitch2k

My mother moved to Heron East about 3 years ago. She has adjusted very well and participates in the many activities provided by the facility. Heron East has a caring and compassionate staff from the housekeepers to the administrators. I am very pleased with all aspects of my mother's care at Heron East and have recommended the facility to many of my friends with elderly family needing assisted living.

Questions about Heron East

What programs or activities does Heron East offer to enrich residents' well-being?

SRI University Enrichment Programs, Off-Site Activities, Ted Talks, Social Hour, Volunteering and all kinds of wonderful Zestful Activities.

What places are near Heron East or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are conveniently located to Bee Ridge and I-75, close to Residential neighborhoods and just minutes to wherever our Residents want to go!

What transportation services does Heron East offer to assisted living residents?

Private, Shuttle, Public and other 3rd Party Agencies based on needs

What makes the chef or dining program at Heron East exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining is prepared fresh daily from local food farmers and overseen by our Culinary Director to create an Artful Experience. Also can take the great taste of the food and deliver in semi-soft, mechanical soft and pureed diets

How does Heron East keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Through Social Media, emails and telephone calls and in-person visits

If Heron East accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, outside areas and inside as long as friendly and owners can take care of the 4-legged children We have a 35 lbs weight limit and records must be up-to-date.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Certified Dementia Training, Collins Online Training and SRI Community Based Training

What safety features or security measures does Heron East provide to protect residents who wander?

We are Assisted Living only however we do have alarms that sound for unsecured exits for safety

Costs for Heron East

Photos of Heron East

Services and Amenities of Heron East

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: Therapeutic Diets Such As Reduced Concentrated Sweets, Mechanical Soft And Pur E, Restaurant Style Service For Breaskfast, Lunch And Dinner

• Tai Chi

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Heron East

Heron East is a senior living provider in Sarasota, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Heron East for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heron East