Brookdale Palma Sola

450 67th Street W, Bradenton, FL 34209
Brookdale Palma Sola (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Palma Sola

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Palma Sola

February 10, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer120088250

We visited Brookdale Palma Sola for my mother. We liked it, but it was too far from where she lived. The studio apartment was the same size as the one she has right now. They had another apartment that was a little bit bigger, and they had a one-bedroom apartment, too. The dining room was very nice and attractive. The grounds were nice. They had the same activities. If you were in the independent living area, it was just like going to an apartment. However, if you wanted your laundry done, if you needed medication supervision, or if you needed help getting a shower, all of those were extras. However, the assisted living part included everything.

July 12, 2015

We really liked Brookdale. The person who led us around did an excellent job. We liked it just from her talking, but there weren’t residents milling around. Apparently it was after lunch and on a weekend; everybody was in their room. The common areas were not well lit. They didn’t have simple basic stuff like a hand rail in the hallways. Their furnishings were a little dated, but it was not a big criteria. It was clean.

September 08, 2014

By Barbara92475250

Emeritus was one mile from my house. It was very clean, and that struck me. They have a maintenance man who is exceptional; he’s kind and personable. He goes out of his way to help everybody. His name is Jeff Cooper and I hope they appreciate him. The other people that are there are very attentive to the needs of the old people -- it doesn’t matter who they are. The receptionist is very gracious to anyone who comes in. My friend has played Bingo, volleyball, he’s done the exercises, he watched the old movies, he’s been out to eat with them, and they were about 60 people. Emeritus is a quality place to put a loved one.

May 10, 2014

By Gary33

The staff was excellent. But Emeritus Bradenton is very old and is just now undergoing some renovation. It needs some work. It looks like an old-fashioned nursing home. They also have arts and crafts and field trips. They have a variety of rooms. Some of them were nicer than others. Some have full glass patio doors, and those were the nicest. It's very light and airy. They could probably improve on lighting. The lighting in the dining room, the activity area, and the hallways just makes it look very 1950s.

April 11, 2014

Emeritus at Bradenton was just low quality. Everything was old, and it needs to be refurbished. It smelled in there. I think the carpets were old. The menu wasn't very good. But the staff who assisted me was OK. The rooms are good-sized too. It costs less, but the quality is less as well.

October 09, 2013

Emeritus was a nice place. It was pretty much the same as far as activities. They just didn't have a place for my mom right at that moment. It would have been my second choice if I'd had to choose. The rooms were actually a little smaller and more money.

September 30, 2013

By Hannah4

We did a respite at Emeritus last May for my dad. They seemed to be a very nice facility. The staff tried their best. However, my dad needed more care than they could give him. So, it wasn't a good fit for my dad. I thought they needed to improve on their admission process for someone who was not coming from a hospital and were coming from home. They needed to spend more time and be more direct and specific with their questions with the patients.

April 25, 2012

By Betsy Lytle

I am writing on behalf of our entire family regarding my father's care at Emeritus at Bradenton. My father was transferred from another facility to Emeritus at Bradenton due to our concerns of the lack of care and/or support that we felt was our initial experience at an Assisted Living facility. As any family member knows, its a painful experience placing a loved one outside of their home. Our first experience placing my father at an assisted living facility was worrisome....every single day! We visit him on a DAILY basis and there wasn't one time that we left feeling comfortable and able to rest easy. My father experienced a life threatening occurance at the former facility and we removed him and placed him at Emeritus at Bradenton. From the first day that we arrived, we knew that we had found the right place for the Patriarch of our family. The care, concern and attention that we received was such a relief. All staff went out of their way to meet us, talk with us, wanting to know my father and what his wants and needs would be. Everyone was involved in the onset and I remember leaving the very first day feeling that my father was going to be well cared for. He has lived there for 3 months now and every single day we have left feeling comfortable, able to rest easy, knowing that my father is being treated with dignity and respect. He feels comfortable and safe and is progressing beyond our expectations. I want to thank the entire staff for giving my father excellent care. I also want to thank the entire staff for making our family feel like a part of the 'team' and that conservation is always maintained regarding his care. I highly recommend Emeritus at Bradenton.

Questions about Brookdale Palma Sola

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Palma Sola. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 80 and residents love exercise, walking groups, word games, trivia, outings to the beach to watch sunsets and restaurants.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Palma Sola offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer daily exercise class, social hours, educational classes, non-denominational services, many community partnerships that allow our residents to volunteer and present at.

What places are near Brookdale Palma Sola or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are within close proximity to the best beaches, parks and nature preserves in Florida including Anna Marie Island beaches, Robinson Preserve, and we centrally located to many restaurants and shopping venues.

What transportation services does Brookdale Palma Sola offer to assisted living residents?

Transport to Dr. appointments, Shopping, outings, banking, and local restaurants and other social excursions.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Palma Sola exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Most of our food is made from scratch and inspired by our residents taste. Our Chef meets regularly with our residents to ensure we meet their expectations. We prepare our receipts for our residents tastes.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Palma Sola offer to assisted living residents?

Pendant system with GPS locator within the community. Pull cords in the bathrooms and locked exit doors.

How does Brookdale Palma Sola keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Phone calls, emails, texts and care conferences.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Palma Sola during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is based around our residents' needs and we are proud of the Deficiency Free State surveys for the past 6 years.

If Brookdale Palma Sola accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Secure courtyard for the pets to run around. Several apartments with sliding glass doors with private gated areas. We are proud to say our pets are part of our family as well.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-services to follow state guidelines. The staff also receives training in the emotional aspect of caring for our seniors. Immediately upon entering our community you can feel a sense of family.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Palma Sola provide to protect residents who wander?

We are trained to observe residents when there is a cognitive change and work with or family members a transfer to memory care when needed. We have a designated entrance and all other doors are alarmed for resident safety.

Photos of Brookdale Palma Sola

• State Licenses: AL4712

About Brookdale Palma Sola

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #4712