20 Assisted Living Facilities in Lincoln, NE
Also serving communities of Hickman, Crete.
The average cost of assisted living in Lincoln is $3,903 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Wahoo with an average starting cost of $1,550.
To help you with your search, browse the 104 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lincoln. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lincoln 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wahoo with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Lincoln find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lincoln, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lincoln, NE
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lincoln
Lincoln is a thriving and diverse community in southeastern Nebraska. Around 12.1 percent of this state capital’s population are seniors, and they are served by 16 different assisted living facilities (ALFs) within city limits. As in the rest of the state, all ALFs in Lincoln are licensed by the Nebraska Division of Public Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Licensure and Regulation. The Department defines ALFs as facilities that provide room, board, food and care for more than four residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lincoln
- The cost of living in Lincoln is 7.7 percent below the national average with costs for transportation, groceries and health care all slightly below U.S. medians. Seniors should note, however, that the monthly cost of assisted living in Lincoln is higher than the national average.
- Winters in Lincoln can be quite cold with temperatures sometimes reaching lows of 14 degrees Fahrenheit. Summers fare better with July highs around 88 degrees. Average rainfall is below the U.S. average at 31 inches per year and snowfall is consistent with the national median of 26 inches.
- The American Lung Association gave Lancaster County an A rating for ozone and a B for particle pollution, which could be good news for seniors with respiratory concerns. The city of Lincoln itself came in only slightly above the U.S. average with a rating of 64 out of 100.
- The StarTran Bus Service in Lincoln can help seniors get around the city with plenty of routes and reduced fares. IntelliRide also offers non-medical transportation for Medicaid-eligible seniors.
- Crime rates in Lincoln are relatively low with violent crime scoring 30.8, slightly below the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime was a bit higher at 50, which is above the national median of 38.1.
- Lincoln has an array of community resources for seniors through the Seniors Foundation, an organization that provides quality of life enhancements for seniors through events and programs, and the City of Lincoln’s Personal and Family Services and Aging and Disability Resource Center, which helps older adults with independent living. The city is home to eight senior centers where residents can enjoy educational and recreational programs, social events and games.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lincoln
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nebraska
Assisted Living costs in Lincoln start around $3,937 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lincoln and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lincoln
Seniors looking for financial assistance for assisted living in Lincoln can seek supplemental funding through the Nebraska Assistance to the Aged, Blind or Disabled (AABD) program. This programs helps seniors receive financial aid for room and board, food, clothing and home supplies.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lincoln
Lincoln and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lincoln, please visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lincoln
Lincoln-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nebraska are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lincoln, NE
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lincoln
Review of Gramercy Hill
Gramercy Hill let us physically go there and put a mask on. The apartments were very nice, that's why I gave them a deposit check. The staff was very nice, too. They have contacted me a couple time... Read more
Review of Fallbrook Assisted Living and Memory Care
My mother moved into Fallbrook Assisted Living and Memory Care. I think they've done an excellent job as far as securing the residents in there, the procedures and everything they've done, and as f... Read more
Review of Gramercy Hill
We went to Gramercy Hill, and the person that took us on tour did a great job. It was a good tour experience. It wasn't brand-new, but it was clean, and they were doing updates while we were there ... Read more
Assisted Living near Lancaster County, NE
More Options Near Lincoln, NE
How much is assisted living monthly in Lincoln?
According to Genworth’s 2019 Cost of Care Survey, the average monthly cost of assisted living in Lincoln is $5,860, higher than the state average of $3,819 a month. Nearby Omaha is more affordable, at $4,000 a month on average.
How large is Lincoln, NE?
According to 2018 US Census data, there are 287,401 people who live in Lincoln, NE. Of these people, about 12.5% are above the age of 65. The city has a population of about 2,899 residents per square mile.
Who qualifies for assisted living?
Assisted living services are accessible for anyone who needs help with their activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing and managing their medication. State law dictates that assisted living facilities may only admit people for whom they are capable of safely providing care.
Does Medicaid cover assisted living in NE?
Medicaid does not cover the costs of assisted living such as room and board. However, qualified seniors may be eligible for the Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver, which can help cover the cost of services received while in assisted living.
What kind of care does assisted living provide?
In Nebraska, assisted living provides residents with personal care services as well as housekeeping and meals. Personal care services include anything that a person would need help with during the day, such as bathing, walking, and getting dressed.