4 Assisted Living Facilities in Fremont, NE
Also serving communities of Blair.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fremont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fremont 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wahoo with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fremont, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fremont
Review of The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
My brother was in Shalimar Gardens for almost 4 years; it was very nice, and they had everything. His apartment was a 1-bedroom with a large bathroom and bedroom, and it had plenty of storage close... Read more
Review of The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens
My mother-in-law was in Shalimar Gardens for about two years. She was very well there. The food was good for her. They had not kept her very active, but then she had dementia so she spent a lot of ... Read more
Review of Edgewood Vista - Fremont
As soon as we got into Edgewood Vista, we noticed quite a strong smell in the place, so that was an immediate turn-off. There were two aides there. The gal who showed us around, when I mentioned to... Read more
Assisted Living near Dodge County, NE
More Options Near Fremont, NE
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fremont
Fremont, Nebraska is located along the banks of the Platte River and is known for being a family-oriented city with a small-town feel. 17.3 percent of the population is over the age of 65. The Fremont area is home to 11 assisted living facilities. Four are located in Fremont, and the remaining seven are in the nearby areas of Wahoo, Omaha, Bennington and Elkhorn. Assisted living in Nebraska is regulated closely by the Nebraska Division of Public Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Licensure and Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fremont
- The Fremont area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Fremont Health Medical Center, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fremont has very cold winters which may be uncomfortable for seniors who are sensitive to chilly weather. The average low temperature in January is only 13 degrees.
- Public transportation options in Fremont are unavailable, meaning seniors may need to rely on family members or transportation services provided by their assisted living facility.
- The overall cost of living in Fremont is 11.4 percent below the U.S. national average, meaning seniors will have more available funds to pay for the cost of assisted living.
- Nebraska is not tax-friendly for retirees. Retirement income and social security checks are taxed at the same rate as employment income. This means that seniors may have less expendable income that can be used to pay for assisted living costs.
- Crime rates in Fremont are fairly low. Residents have only a 1 in 44 chance of becoming a victim of property crime and a 1 in 465 chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime. While the property crime rate is on par with the state average, the violent crime rate is considerably lower than the 1 in 344 state average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fremont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nebraska
Assisted Living costs in Fremont start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fremont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fremont
Two Medicaid 1915(c) waivers are available in Nebraska. Eligible seniors can apply to these programs to help pay for the cost of services provided to them in assisted living facilities. Room and board costs are capped for Medicaid eligible residents and an Optional State Supplement is available to those receiving Supplemental Security Income to help pay for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fremont
Fremont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fremont, please visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fremont
Fremont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nebraska are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page for more information about these laws.