34 Assisted Living Facilities near Lansing, MI
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lansing area, with 14 in Lansing and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lansing is $3,112 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 154 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lansing. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lansing 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Okemos with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Lansing find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lansing, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lansing, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lansing
The Visitor's Bureau in Lansing, the capital of Michigan, has issued a LAN 150 Challenge to residents and tourists alike, inviting them to explore 150 fun, exciting things to do in the city. Checking off this list will keep seniors active and busy through all seasons in Lansing.
Lansing also has 32 assisted living facilities: 10 in the Lansing city limits and 22 in nearby communities of East Lansing, Holt and Dewitt. The Department of Human Services regulates assisted living facilities to ensure they are following state regulations and providing the best possible care to Michigan seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lansing
- In Lansing, the winters are freezing, dry and windy, with an average high temperature of 30ºF in January. The summers are warm with generally pleasant weather and an average high temperature of 82°F and 80°F in July and August respectively.
- The Lansing area has an air quality index (AQI) of 36, or "good" from the Environmental Protection Agency. Seniors who are at risk of aggravating respiratory conditions don't need to worry about prolonged exposure to the outdoors in Lansing.
- Of the 276 cities in Michigan, Lansing is rated the 80th most expensive to live in. The cost of living in Lansing is only five percent lower than the national average.
- The Lansing area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sparrow Hospital and the McLaren Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lansing is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Lansing has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Prime Time Seniors' Program, an organization that helps enrich the lives of local seniors as well as 1 other senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lansing
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Lansing start around $3,112 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lansing and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lansing
The state of Michigan offers eligible seniors Medicaid to help pay for the cost of their assisted living community. Unfortunately, aside from Medicaid, there are not many other options for seniors who can't afford to pay for the cost of an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lansing
Lansing and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lansing, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lansing
Lansing-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lansing, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lansing
Review of Divine Life Assisted Living Center of Lansing
I was able to schedule a tour quickly to Divine Life Assisted Living Center of Lansing, instead of having them make me wait a few days. They were very efficient that way. I liked that my mom could ... Read more
Review of Bickford of West Lansing
The staff at Bickford of West Lansing is very friendly and caring. Their meal plans are a lot of variety and have a lot of good options for their clients. The rooms are primarily efficiencies. Some... Read more
Review of Delta Retirement Center
The layout at Delta Retirement Center was really great. When we walked in there for the tour, there were residents that were in the lobby; they seemed happy. We couldn't get right in for the tour, ... Read more