Bickford of Okemos

Reviews of Bickford of Okemos

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Okemos

July 17, 2017

By Sharon

Bickford was clean and nice, but it did not fit our needs. The staff was well prepared for me to come and visit, but it's a little bit farther for me, and it's cramped. It's too far for my husband to walk with a walker. The apartment layout was bad, the walk-in closet ate up a lot of room, and it made it very difficult for a wheelchair to get into the bathroom.

November 17, 2016

By Karen361570

We chose Bickford of Okemos because they were willing to work with my parents. They put them together in apartment, and everybody seems very caring and competent. Things are going well. The food is pretty good, and my parents liked it. I think it's a good place; I had a friend who had her parents there, and she also recommended it. It's a very nice-looking place. The room is small, but they got a 1-bedroom little apartment which has a full bathroom in it and a little sitting area and kitchenette. Everybody is more than happy to help out with everything we need. So far, I think it's good, and I don't have any complaints at all.

September 30, 2016

By Morrel

Bickford Senior Living was nice. The dining area was fine, and they had a nice outside garden. The staff was very pleasant, and they had a nice menu. It looked like a good place to live.

December 30, 2015

Bickford is just down the hill from us. I talked with the manager, and he’s very nice. They’re all very nice and accommodating, but the rooms just aren’t large enough. The room and the den are just 610 sq. ft. large, and there wasn’t anything any bigger than that. I wanted to keep my sister happy in a room where she has some space. She brought a lot of her things from home that would give her comfort. I went there after their dinner hour and didn’t notice anything going on at the time, although they had game rooms and areas outside for walking.

December 10, 2015

Bickford was the very first one I saw, and it was really nice, really homey, and they accepted pets as well; I have a cat. The Bickford was the most expensive of the three assisted living that I went to, so I ruled this one out because my funds are getting low. I didn't have a problem with it; it's just that it was in the higher range of prices for me, but it was very nice.

July 31, 2014

By msufan

Bickford was quite accommodating, but the prices seemed fairly high. The memory care seemed to be small and in an intimate setting. It seemed to be personalized because they had few people there. They apparently had activities and it was personalized and compatible with what the patients had experienced in the past.

Memory Care Reviews for Bickford of Okemos

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AH330278347

About Bickford of Okemos

Welcome to Bickford Of Okemos, one of Michigan's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford Of Okemos is conveniently located on 3830 Okemos Rd., so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Michigan senior living community.

At Bickford Of Okemos, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford Of Okemos. Each resident of our Michigan assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Okemos senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual's life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford Of Okemos. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories...lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford Of Okemos assisted living in Michigan, we don't ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Michigan assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Okemos