24 Assisted Living Facilities near Holt, MI
Also serving communities of Dimondale.
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Holt area, with 4 in Holt and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Holt is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Lansing with an average starting cost of $2,787.
To help you with your search, browse the 105 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Holt. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Holt 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Okemos with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Holt, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Holt, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Holt
Holt is a community located within the Delhi Township of Ingham County, Michigan. The area is on the outskirts of the Lansing metropolitan area near the Michigan History Center and W.J. Beal Botanical Garden. There are just under 24,000 residents who call Holt home, and 12.2 percent of them are over the age of 65.
Throughout the state of Michigan, homes providing assisted living services to seniors citizens are officially known as "homes for the aged." There are a total of four homes for the aged in Holt, and an additional 37 nearby in surrounding areas such as Charlotte, Dewitt, and Lansing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Holt
- The Holt area has an array of community resources available to seniors, including Great at Any Age, an evidence-based series of classes and workshops that help seniors to manage their lifestyles and certain medical conditions as well as one senior center.
- The Capital Area Transit Authority provides seniors and other residents of Holt with safe public transportation around Holt and the Lansing area. Reduced fares are offered to senior citizens.
- The Holt area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sparrow Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lansing is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Holt's air quality has been assigned a passing grade by the American Lung Association, meaning that seniors suffering from lung-related medical conditions don't need to be concerned that the air they breathe will worsen their health.
- The state of Michigan doesn't tax social security income, so seniors may have more available cash to help pay for the cost of assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Holt
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Holt start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Holt and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Holt
Seniors who reside in an approved home for the aged in Holt can apply for assistance with the cost of assisted living services under the Medicaid State Plan. The cost of room and board in homes for the aged is capped by the state for seniors who are Medicaid Eligible. Individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income may apply for an optional state supplement that can help them pay for room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Holt
Holt and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Holt, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Holt
Holt-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Holt
Review of Prestige Way
My sister in laws mother is a resident here and she is very happy. She likes the staff (who are very caring). Finds the food to her standards. She also likes the friends she has made there of the o... Read more
Review of Prestige Way
I have nothing but great things to say. The facility is clean and well kept, not to mention absolutely beautiful in design. The staff is friendly yet hardworking. My loved one loves their caregiv... Read more
Review of Great Lakes Christian Home
Great Lakes Christian Home was excellent. I was very impressed with the place. Everything was fine. I asked a couple of members there and they thought the food was fine. They have very few two-bedr... Read more