6 Assisted Living Facilities near Eaton Rapids, MI
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Eaton Rapids area, with 3 in Eaton Rapids and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Eaton Rapids is $3,835 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Holt with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Eaton Rapids. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Eaton Rapids 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Charlotte with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eaton Rapids, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Eaton Rapids, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
Eaton is known as The Saratoga of the West due to its mineral water springs, which can be of great benefit to senior citizens. The senior population in Eaton Rapids is 15.2 percent, slightly below Michigan’s average of 16.7 percent. The Eaton Rapids area has 13 assisted living facilities for these seniors, with three in Eaton Rapids and the other 10 in nearby towns like Charlotte. The Department of Human Services regulates assisted living in Michigan, including homes for the aged and adult foster care. A home for the aged is for anyone over the age of 60, while an adult foster care home is for adults requiring special care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
- Eaton Rapids is located in the southern end of Michigan’s Lower Penninsula, where the average monthly snowfall is greater than one foot for both December and January. The average temperatures in January range from a low of 15 degrees to a high of 29 degrees, which could be uncomfortable for seniors sensitive to cold. The average temperature range for Eaton Rapids in July is between 60 and 81 degrees.
- The overall cost of living in Eaton Rapids is about 91 percent of the national average. The lowest essential expense is housing, which is 74 percent of the national average. Healthcare and transportation are the only expenses that are somewhat high, at one and five percent above the national average respectively, but nothing that should tax seniors on a budget too badly.
- Eaton Rapids’ overall crime rate is about average, with a rate that’s lower than about 46 percent of the cities in the United States. However, the rate of violent crime is significantly lower, at 3.06 per thousand people per year. In comparison, the annual rate of violent crime is 4.59 per thousand people for Michigan and 4 for the United States. Seniors should take some precautions while in town on errands.
- EATRAN provides public transportation for Eaton County. The fare for seniors over the age of 60 and the disabled is half of the standard fare. Out-of-county medical trips are also available on a limited basis.
- The Eaton Rapids Senior Center maintains a full schedule of activities, including exercise classes, cards and other games. Other group activities include dances, jam sessions and trivia contests. This senior center also serves lunch three days a week and dinner once a month.
- Eaton Rapids is home to world-class medical facilities, including Eaton Rapids Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Eaton Rapids start around $3,835 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eaton Rapids and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
Michigan provides many personal care services through its Medicaid State Plan, including homes for the aged. This state also provides recipients of supplemental security income with an optional state supplement that limits room and board charges, provided they reside in a home for the aged.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eaton Rapids
Eaton Rapids and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eaton Rapids, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eaton Rapids
Eaton Rapids-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
Review of Island City
My father is at Island City. He chose it because it is close to his home. He had a tour and met people there. The only thing is he has trouble with the menu, but I know they have a la carte, so I d... Read more
Review of Island City
No one has ever contacted us from this facility with any information. I have called at least twice and left a message with no response. Very disappointed in their lack of response. Read more
Review of Maplewood AFC
Maplewood is a rural setting with nice views. I like it. The place is clean and well maintained. They have private rooms but not private bathrooms. The dining area is like a regular home dining roo... Read more