Island City

Reviews of Island City

Assisted Living Reviews for Island City

May 24, 2016

By Larry123745650

Island City helps the special needs’ people by employing them part-time to do basic chores around the place. It had a small theater where they have movie nights for maybe 20 people. It also had an ice cream parlor, which looked right out of 1950s. It’s a very nice-looking place. I would give it five stars for what I saw, but I’m not sure that it is going to fit my parents’ needs because I can’t remember if they had the memory care part.

June 10, 2011

By TopAron

Visited this facility

This particular Island Assisted Facility was built about a year ago in my town of Eaton Rapids. I was not sure what the purpose of the building was as I drove by, but I figured that it must be something meaningful since the construction of it took a few years. On the outside, it is absolutely stunning. It looks very regal and very welcoming. I recently visited the facility for a job interview as a dietary aide/cook. As I walked around the facility, I was amazed at the simplicity that it had,along with the way that the workers treated the elderly living there. It is such an inviting and warm environment. Each room was somewhat like a suite and each of the staff individually visits and caters to the needs of every person that lives there. They are all genuinely kind and friendly, and I think that this is one of the best assisted living facilities I have ever visited.

Questions about Island City

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Island City. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Island City has 53 beds with 3 communities Aviary Way, Courtyard and Fountain View. Our average age for men and women is 85 years old. Residents enjoy numerous activities they get to take part in daily.

What programs or activities does Island City offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Island City residents are given monthly calendars with activities listed for each day, we have multiple options throughout the day, we provide morning exercise, afternoon music, crafts, or Bingo along with special events, outside entertainment, bands, dancers and therapy animals. The day is finished off with an evening activity whether it be a movie in our theater or giant crosswords our residents stay entertained the whole day through.

What places are near Island City or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located in the beautiful town of Eaton Rapids. Our community is surrounded by parks, walking trails, grocery store, and banks. Also within walking distance to Dr Offices, Dentists and Hospital.

What transportation services does Island City offer to assisted living residents?

Family are to provide transportation but we will assist in setting up Eatran Bus Service.

What makes the chef or dining program at Island City exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Residents are given a menu for the day as well as a monthly menu they can look forward to. They can select the special for the day but have a number of alternatives if they choose otherwise, breakfast is served all day. Residents can expect a 3 course meal including options of soups, entrees, and delicious desserts.

Costs for Island City

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: Lic. AH230298361

About Island City

At Island City Assisted Living, we define assisted living as a thoughtful solution for peace of mind. It is a place where seniors can get the care they need, while living in a safe environment and participating in the things they enjoy. Seniors are encouraged to be active and to interact with family and friends.

Assisted living is often thought of as a unique combination of housing, personalized services and health care designed to meet the needs of those who require assistance with the activities of daily living. At Island City Assisted Living, we further define it as, "Peace of Mind with a Hospital Connection" It is a place where seniors can get the care they need, while living in a safe environment and participating in the things they enjoy. Seniors are encouraged to be active and to interact with family and friends.

We are pleased to offer beautiful, affordable assisted living in association with an outstanding regional healthcare system - Eaton Rapids Medical Center.

Map of Island City