Grandhaven Living Center

Reviews of Grandhaven Living Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Grandhaven Living Center

March 17, 2015

By Howard14

Grand Haven Manor is where he is. He has been in the senior living for 2 months now. It is very nice and clean. They have lots of activities. They also have assisted places where you will pay a fee depending on what your income is.

September 23, 2014

At Grandhaven, they have a two-room apartment, it was vacant, and it looked pretty good. The place looked pretty well kept too. Not only that, they have cottages that you can move up into there. So it looked like a pretty well run place. The staff was pleasant. They have all the normal stuff for activities. They have bingo and cards. They have an exercise room there. It is a nice place. I would recommend this facility to others.

May 23, 2014

By JoFro

My mother has lived at Grand Haven in the Cottages for about four years. She is very content there. The staff is very involved and attentive. Residents are always treated with respect and included in whatever is going on. We have been very pleased with the level of care that Mom has received.

November 27, 2013

My father is at Grandhaven Assisted Living. This place is nice and clean. Their rooms were nice, clean and private. Their food is good and they're cooked right there in the facility itself. The staff is nice. They do work with the families when it comes to income.

Independent Living Reviews for Grandhaven Living Center

December 28, 2014

By Francisco2

I visited Grandhaven Manor for my parents. We were really impressed with this facility. We met the head nurse. They have activities and coordinated trips. I was very impressed with the facility and the staff. I think their rooms were adequate, but I also know that given the layout and my parents' memories going from such a large space to a confined space, this is going to be a challenge for them.

September 15, 2014

Grandhaven Manor (Grandhaven Living Center) was a three-story retirement community, and it had more people who were self-sufficient. It was beautiful. Across the street, there was more of a semi-assisted and memory care. It was fine, but there were other things that I appreciate about where she's at now. When my mother was in Grandhaven Manor, it was nice at the time what they provided, but she needed more help, and that's why we moved her to the other facility. The rooms were nice. They were like one-bedroom rooms, and they had a separate bedroom. They were nice, clean, and great. In the retirement community, the food was very good, home-cooked meals. Across the street, I ate one time when we were looking at them. It was nutritious and good.

Questions about Grandhaven Living Center

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Grandhaven Living Center. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We provide Assisted Living for individuals over 55 years old. Our average age is around 80 years old. Our residents enjoy coming together and spending time with each other. Whether it is live entertainment, BINGO, cards, or arts and crafts, the highlight of their day is getting to spend time with each other.

What programs or activities does Grandhaven Living Center offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Grandhaven Living Center we have a full calendar of activities each day. The activities that we do depend on the interests of our current residents. You can see our most up-to-date calendar on our Facebook page. www.facebook.com/grandhaven1

What places are near Grandhaven Living Center or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community is in a beautiful neighborhood with nice sidewalks for taking a stroll as well as a bus stop at our main entrance. We are located right next to Lewton Elementary School and down the road from a Valu Land grocery store.

What transportation services does Grandhaven Living Center offer to assisted living residents?

We do not provide transportation for residents. However, this can be coordinated through CATA for appointments. You would just let us know the transportation plan and we can assist in getting things ready.

What makes the chef or dining program at Grandhaven Living Center exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef manager, Frances, is an amazing cook. She really cares about the meals and will follow up on any concerns to see how we can improve. Residents will get a menu for each meal. There is a main dish as well as alternative available for each meal. For example menus please contact our community directly.

What safety features or security measures does Grandhaven Living Center offer to assisted living residents?

For safety, we have a secured community with codes and alarms on every external door. Each resident gets their own pendant as well as pull cords in the bathrooms so that they can call for assistance.

Photos of Grandhaven Living Center

Services and Amenities of Grandhaven Living Center

• Entry Fee Cost: 2000

• Dining Extra: Special Diets, Variety Of Diet Options,

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Grandhaven Living Center

Here at Grandhaven Living Center we believe our residents make the difference. They are proud of their home and our goal is to help each person remain as independent as possible, while being safe and secure. We understand the importance of teamwork and communication, which is why our employees are in contact with family members and physicians to ensure each resident is receiving the best care possible. We have two physicians who visit our community, which allows for every residents to see a doctor at least once a month.

Social interaction is a very important aspect of community living, however not every resident enjoys the same activities as the next. This is why our recreational program is broad and offers an event or program to suite all tastes.

For those individuals who reside in our specialized memory care building, we have a Dementia Care Coordinator who organizes activities and events to engage all residents. We also promote one-on-one activities to ensure each person is engaging in a meaningful activity every day. Our purpose is to honor God by providing high quality senior lifestyle services that promote the value and dignity of every person.

Map of Grandhaven Living Center