Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Reviews of Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Grand Ledge

February 24, 2021

By Red

I am currently at Independence Village of Grand Ledge. It's good. The staff is nice. As long as you are open and you tell them what you like and what the problem is, the food is fine. They offer several activities every day, which are available for everybody, and they let everybody know when they are going to be each week. They hand out a calendar to tell you when they're going to be and where. The #1 problem that I have here is getting someone to answer when I ask for help. They also should stop serving cold food, and they're serving a lot of fat and oily food.

Hello Red, Upon checking with the team, we can't seem to determine who you are, as no one seems to know a resident that goes by "Red." We love connecting with residents and families directly to eliminate any concerns as quickly as possible. When it comes to needing general help or having questions, please always connect with our Executive Director, Holly Ridenour. As for our meals, there are multiple breakfast options every day, six lunch entrees and five dinner entrees to choose from each day. We also encourage residents dining in their rooms to call the kitchen if they have any issues with their meal, and our team will address it on the spot. We have provided your feedback to our Regional Executive Chef, Jon Bastianelli. If you would like to speak with him directly, please call him. Thank you!

January 21, 2021

By Daughter Kathy

My dad has lived at Independence Village for a year and a half. He started out in an independent apartment, but needed more care and moved to an enhanced apartment after 4 months. The staff has been extraordinarily helpful, kind, and competent. I am grateful for all of the care Dad has received, including assistance from the director Holly. During the lock-down, the staff has gone out of their way to help us stay connected with our loved ones. We are grateful to them for everything they have done for Dad.

October 31, 2018

By Mary

My mother is in Independence Village of Grand Ledge. The rooms are excellent. The staff is really good. The dining area is really nice and is set up restaurant style. They have a library, beauty salon, and a recreation room where they have bingo and movies. They have a lot of activities like playing cards, games, and puzzles. It's a very nice place. The residents are nice too. Everybody's friendly.

Thank you so much for your review. We take pride in our community and try daily to let our residents know just how important they are to all of us.

July 26, 2018

By V.K.

Independence Village of Grand Ledge was a nice, very professional, and clean facility. They showed me both the assisted living and independence living. The staff was pleasant and professional. They had spacious studios and apartments. I saw some people coloring and crocheting, and they showed me the menu and activities calendar for the month. They had activities throughout the day and in the evening.

November 27, 2017

By Linda

I visited Independence Village, and it was a very nice place, with very nice people. However, it was too large for my husband, and it had too many people. The apartments were very nice, the rooms were large, and with full size appliances. It would be nice for me.

August 23, 2017

By David

Independence Village of Grand Ledge was very open, bright, and the layout was very nice. It had a grand room and apartments all around the main activity/dining room. The place was very clean. The staff was very polite and friendly. They seemed to have a lot of activities. They bring in a lot of caregivers, and the doctors come once a week.

July 17, 2017

By Sandra

I was impressed with Independence Village of Grand Ledge because it was more handicap-accessible than some of the other ones I saw. It was clean and new, and the hallways were very clean.

June 28, 2016

By Cindy517067

My relative is at Independence Village, which is a relatively small assisted living facility. She has a furnished room and is very happy there. Everything seems to be working out well. She's getting the care she needs. It's close to our home and we're pleased with that. They have a walking club, cooking and baking sessions, musicians who come in occasionally to entertain the guests, and book clubs. She's happy with the food. She doesn't have any complaints whatsoever. She said everything is really good and the servings are really generous, so she's gone down to half portions which are adequate.

September 03, 2015

By Jack O'hara

Our mother has been living at Independence Village for a number of years. I should have written this review a long time ago. The peace of mind we have with our mom living there is nothing I could ever put a price on. She was living alone for years and we finally got her to move in 2012. After she was there a couple weeks it was like she was a new person. I credit the activities and trips they host with getting our Mom to have fun again. Also, was surprised at how good the food was considering all of the things you hear about the industry. More than anything, the staff are just incredible. They treat our Mom as if she was their own. Overall, we have had such a great experience and cant imagine her being anywhere else.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Grand Ledge

October 06, 2019

By Mona T.

The apartments are very nice and well-maintained. The meals are very good with several choices and served in a beautiful dining room. Common areas are welcoming. This is a really lovely facility- very pleasant for residents and visitors. Most importantly, the staff- absolutely everyone we have encountered- has been kind and efficient.

October 04, 2019

By EFinn

They offer a variety of entertainment options. The food is wonderful they continuously find ways to improve the quality, options and service. The staff is very courteous and interact well with the residents as well as their families! The rooms, common areas and grounds are always in clean and free of clutter.

October 03, 2019

By 10Peggy

My Father moved to Independence Village in April 2019. Prior to this move, he was living by himself and having issues with falling. Independence Village offers spacious apartments, excellent meals and caring staff. I know a staff member will be checking in on my Father once a day. If he needs assistance with anything, there is someone there to help him. My Father enjoys playing cards and shooting pool with other residence. If he has an appointment or wants to go shopping there’s a shuttle to help him get there. He has laundry facilities down the hall from his apartment to wash his clothes. The facility takes care of washing his bed sheets once a week. Overall, I’m very pleased that my Father choose to move to Independence Village. I worry less about him now that I know he’s surrounded by caring people who can help him.

October 03, 2019

By fhaner

most residents are older and more needy than anticipated. Perhaps that is because more home care is available. Nevertheless, this is a good place for my dad. He is semi-independent and likes many of the activities and services. Staff is friendly and seems to care. Place is clean, smells good and food seems good (though old people complain about EVERYTHING).

October 02, 2019

By Buds daughter

The staff is very welcoming. I think having staff or residents meeting new residents, as they move in, would help in the transition to a new community. Then check back with the new resident, after a couple of days, just to make sure they are transitioning well. The apartments have a great floor plan, easy to adjust to. Having either a patio or balcony is a nice thing! It seems more homey and fresh air is a bonus. Dad really enjoys the exercise equipment! It is also so helpful when a staff member came to dad’s apartment with verbal and written information on housekeeping and linen services!

October 01, 2019

By Karlyn

Nice facility. Clean and comfortable. Friendly staff.

September 09, 2019

By Sal La

My mom moved into a one bedroom apartment just over three months ago. When our family researched living arrangements for her we didn’t have to look further! The village was clean no bad smells and has a very large inviting entry area with a fireplace. There is a library, cafe, activity room and dining room that resembles a cruise ship dining area. They use linen tablecloths and napkins and have friendly servers. The best part for my mom was she could have her small dog. My mom is totally independent still drives a little and can have her car there. The Village provides housecleaning, meals, flat laundry which are the very chores mom didn’t enjoy doing much anymore. She enjoys the bingo, dice, Zumba and drumming. They provide bus service free if needed. My mom feels safe here and enjoys the staff which are very friendly to each resident. Moms apartment is very roomy and feels very comfortable.The staff were very attentive to our families concerns and have made our mom feel as close to home as you can get.

September 09, 2019

By Chelf

I highly recommend Independence Village because of the staff and the activities. My mother did not want to move but after a couple of weeks, it became her home. She loved it there and because of that, it took a huge weight off my shoulders. She enjoyed the music and dancing and that she stayed busy. The food was outstanding. The residents order from a menu and every month, on a Sunday, they would have an incredible buffet, The staff is compassionate and caring. They honestly love their residents! My mother passed away a few months ago. Independence Village helped me through the most difficult time of my life. They were very supportive and I am eternally grateful. I miss everyone who works there and resides there. Thank you Independence Village of Grand Ledge.❤️ P.S. Someday I am going to live there.

August 24, 2019

By C.W.

We've chosen Independence of Grand Ledge. We've been very impressed with the staff members that we've met with, and their organization. The place is also very nice and clean. It seems like a good fit for her. They have studio rooms but we're going for their one-bedroom apartment. They have a walking club, a crafts club, and they do special dinners and trips where they take the residents out. You name it, they have it. One of the reasons we chose them was because of the staff member who accommodated us. She's so great. We will be taking our mother back there to sample a meal. We were a little concerned with the layout of the structure because it was too big, but we went back there today and understood the layout. It turned out to be perfect.

November 13, 2017

By Joanne

Independence Village of Grand Ledge was a lovely place. My sister and I have seen the rooms there before and they're very nice. We wanted to show our friend this facility because it had such a nice atmosphere. The people were very friendly and we wanted her to see a facility that really does a lot for their residents. They have a lot of activities. The dining area was very pretty, very pleasant, and very warm. We can't say enough for Independence Village. We just really like it. We know several people that have been there too. It's very clean.

May 06, 2017

By Judy560345

We went to Independence Village twice, and we liked it very much. We liked the people, the atmosphere was great, and the building was well-kept. They had small storage units, which we were impressed with. It was a very nice atmosphere all the way around. There were a lot of activities, people were signing up for rides to their doctors, and they did a lot for the people. We met with the chef, it was a little higher class than other places in as far as meals were concerned, and we had a good time with that. They followed up very well.

Thank you Judy! We are so happy you loved your tour of Independence Village of Grand Ledge. We are pleased you enjoyed meeting Chef Amy as well. We really take pride in the employees in our company. We’d love you to join us at Independence Village of Grand Ledge for our Happy Hour on May 18th, at 3:00 PM. If you can make it, please RSVP at 517-627-7585. We hope to see you there!

June 10, 2016

By Amy158054

We visited Independence Village of Grand Ledge. It looked really nice, but we don't have the income to do it right now. The apartments were nice and had a nice living area. We saw the meeting room, a little patio area where they could go outside, a kitchen, and a meeting place to have music and activities.

March 13, 2016

By Marty14

I like Independence Village of Grand Ledge very much. The location is very convenient for my family. It is a beautiful facility, and I know they will take good care of me. I'm very anxious to start living in there. It appears to have all of the necessary conveniences and is across from Meijer’s, so I’m sure they will take us there for groceries and shopping. I was very happy with the beautiful lunch we had and all the facilities they offer.

September 22, 2014

By Carol95101750

Independence Village seems like a very nice place. I own my own home and I have a lady who comes in every week to help me, and the dining room is very large. It’s two buildings; one is for assisting living and one is for independent care. It’s very lovely. They have different sized rooms. They have studios, and every room above the first floor has a balcony that’s big enough to put chairs on so they can go outside, and they have their own kitchen. They do serve a continental breakfast, and they have an evening meal every night. They hire students from Grand Ledge to train them in serving and cooking dinner. They have activities daily, a hair salon inside, and they gave parties for them for their birthdays.

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady17

We went to Independence Village. We don't like that place because it's too upscale, too expensive, not a warm place, and not friendly from what we could tell. They don't have that many meals that they cook. It's beautiful, real elegant, but they don't have that many activities for residents. It seemed to me the residents might even still be working-type people.

Hello, Thank you for touring Independence Village. We agree that our community is beautiful and elegant. We are surprised to hear you say that there didn’t seem to be activities going on. Our Life Enrichment Directors are required to have at least 6 activities each day which can range from fitness classes to cooking demos and everything in between. Concerning our culinary offerings, we have menus that change daily and have many entrees and sides to choose from. Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions by calling our main community number. Thank you.

Costs for Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Photos of Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Grand Ledge

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Get Costs

About Independence Village of Grand Ledge

More than a campus of spacious, well-appointed apartment homes, we’re a close-knit family. Whether you’re enjoying a delicious chef-prepared meal or heading out on the town for a scheduled event in the community, you’ll soon discover an unmistakable sense of oneness.

At Independence Village and StoryPoint of Grand Ledge, we’re deeply rooted within the community. We pride ourselves in our charming Grand Ledge heritage and actively participate, host and sponsor several events throughout the year. You’ll love the home-like feel and personalized attention. Not only will we work diligently to promote your current relationships outside the community, we’ll help you develop new ones when you arrive.

Map of Independence Village of Grand Ledge