Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Reviews of Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Grand Ledge

July 17, 2017

By Sandra

I was impressed with Independence Village of Grand Ledge because it was more handicap-accessible than some of the other ones I saw. It was clean and new, and the hallways were very clean.

June 28, 2016

By Cindy517067

My relative is at Independence Village, which is a relatively small assisted living facility. She has a furnished room and is very happy there. Everything seems to be working out well. She's getting the care she needs. It's close to our home and we're pleased with that. They have a walking club, cooking and baking sessions, musicians who come in occasionally to entertain the guests, and book clubs. She's happy with the food. She doesn't have any complaints whatsoever. She said everything is really good and the servings are really generous, so she's gone down to half portions which are adequate.

September 03, 2015

By Jack O'hara

Our mother has been living at Independence Village for a number of years. I should have written this review a long time ago. The peace of mind we have with our mom living there is nothing I could ever put a price on. She was living alone for years and we finally got her to move in 2012. After she was there a couple weeks it was like she was a new person. I credit the activities and trips they host with getting our Mom to have fun again. Also, was surprised at how good the food was considering all of the things you hear about the industry. More than anything, the staff are just incredible. They treat our Mom as if she was their own. Overall, we have had such a great experience and cant imagine her being anywhere else.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Grand Ledge

September 22, 2014

By Carol95101750

Independence Village seems like a very nice place. I own my own home and I have a lady who comes in every week to help me, and the dining room is very large. It’s two buildings; one is for assisting living and one is for independent care. It’s very lovely. They have different sized rooms. They have studios, and every room above the first floor has a balcony that’s big enough to put chairs on so they can go outside, and they have their own kitchen. They do serve a continental breakfast, and they have an evening meal every night. They hire students from Grand Ledge to train them in serving and cooking dinner. They have activities daily, a hair salon inside, and they gave parties for them for their birthdays.

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady17

We went to Independence Village. We don't like that place because it's too upscale, too expensive, not a warm place, and not friendly from what we could tell. They don't have that many meals that they cook. It's beautiful, real elegant, but they don't have that many activities for residents. It seemed to me the residents might even still be working-type people.
Hello, Thank you for touring Independence Village. We agree that our community is beautiful and elegant. We are surprised to hear you say that there didn’t seem to be activities going on. Our Life Enrichment Directors are required to have at least 6 activities each day which can range from fitness classes to cooking demos and everything in between. Concerning our culinary offerings, we have menus that change daily and have many entrees and sides to choose from. Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions by calling our main community number. Thank you.

Costs for Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Photos of Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Grand Ledge

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• About Independence Village of Grand Ledge

More than a campus of spacious, well-appointed apartment homes, we’re a close-knit family. Whether you’re enjoying a delicious chef-prepared meal or heading out on the town for a scheduled event in the community, you’ll soon discover an unmistakable sense of oneness.

At Independence Village and StoryPoint of Grand Ledge, we’re deeply rooted within the community. We pride ourselves in our charming Grand Ledge heritage and actively participate, host and sponsor several events throughout the year. You’ll love the home-like feel and personalized attention. Not only will we work diligently to promote your current relationships outside the community, we’ll help you develop new ones when you arrive.

Map of Independence Village of Grand Ledge