Independence Village of East Lansing

Reviews of Independence Village of East Lansing

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of East Lansing

July 17, 2017

By Jane

Independence Village of East Lansing was a very nice facility, except Mother needed more care than they had readily at hand. She had an apartment, a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. She was allowed to have a microwave and refrigerator. They had a very nice dining room, and their location was good. If I had to go to a place, I would definitely go over there.

June 10, 2016

By Sue685126

Independence Village of East Lansing was a fine place but pricey. The rooms seemed very nice, and the staff seemed fine. I think they should have a washer and a dryer in the apartments because that's a big deal to me.

January 14, 2016

By SLCA

I understand now how to compare places and prices. Is good for all that you get, but there is still a lot of us that cannot afford it.

December 10, 2015

Independence Village was different from all of the other places I visited in that you couldn't just sit wherever you wanted to sit at dinner. They had assigned seating for the tables. The tables were numbered, so you had to sit at the same table all of the time and eat with the same people put at your table. I didn't really like that. They mentioned that they have a system where if you don't show up for dinner, they'd call your room; then if you don't show up for two two meals in a row, they'd break into your apartment because they will assume something is wrong. I'm assuming that's why they had the tables numbered: to keep track of who's there. I can see why they did that, but I'm still not sure if I would want to always be at the same table with the same people. The staff was very friendly, too.

October 28, 2015

I visited Independence Village, which was another independent home. They were a little higher than the one that my mom was in. The only person I had contact with was the manager. Their rooms had a kitchenette that had a two-burner stove, but we didn't choose because of the price. I thought when I was there, somebody had a birthday party going on.

February 03, 2015

By Cousin Charley

Actually my Mother(96) was a resident here for 3 years until her physical limitations required her to move where she would get more help. She remembers IV as a great place, with great entertainment, great people, great fun, great staff. There is always activity and the residents treat each other like family. The location across a quiet street from Meijers and an easy wheelchair ride to Applebees is unrivaled.

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady17

We visited Independence Village. That place is really big; it has 140 units. I thought it was nice. I know my mom has a friend who lives there and likes it. She doesn't even want to consider it because they're in East Lansing, and she wants to be in West Lansing, but I just wanted her to know some options. The residents seem very friendly there. They have big 1-bedroom apartments just like the other independent places.

November 06, 2012

By Joan7

Independence Village is in a great location with a major supermarket and restaurants right next door. The staff also have a transport van that goes to other store locations during the week. There is also local bus service very close. Meals are good if not inspired. There are many interesting activities scheduled for residents to help people get to know each other and enjoy some entertainment. The rooms that I've seen are fairly spacious though not the brightest. They aren't dark but windows don't let in as much light as some other places. The kitchenette is nice especially for people who want a little more independence in their daily food choices or just to enjoy a quiet meal at home. Any assistive help has to be organized and paid for separately which makes it not the best option for folks who need a lot of care though if one spouse is able bodied and one needs assistance, it can be a good compromise place for them to live.

October 30, 2012

By calamnet1

I've been in a fair share of facilities like these in the past and love the landscaping they have done in front of the building. It provides a great lookout and view, as well as a quaint and peaceful atmosphere for residents and guests. I have been in other facilities where it just seems too "medical" if that makes any sense. They can always find something to do and have tons of scheduled events throughout the week, or she can interact with other guests just to pass the time. They do offer transportation, which is extremely helpful for when we can't take her to her appointments, which is a rarity, but it is nice to know we can use it whenever we need it. The staff is extremely friendly and easy to get a hold of; we never seem to have any problems seeing her when we visit. I'm actually pretty happy that she's there. Her health is improving and so is her demeanor.

Photos of Independence Village of East Lansing

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of East Lansing

About Independence Village of East Lansing

Independence Village provides affordable high quality retirement living and top flight services in an elegant yet comfortable environment. With services such as weekly housekeeping, maintenance and 24-hour staffing, our community offers residents the freedom to pursue their own interests as well as become involved in the community's activities and scheduled trips.

Independence Village is staffed by caring professionals in every department. Our staff is always eager to accommodate the needs and desires of our residents.

Our expert activity staff works closely with residents to plan a calendar of events to suit everyone's tastes. Trips to theaters, museums and historic sites are regularly planned. In addition, special seminars, lectures and programs are frequently held. Residents are strongly encouraged to offer their suggestions and ideas. There are no limits to the possibilities at Independence Village.

Map of Independence Village of East Lansing