Independence Village of East Lansing

Reviews of Independence Village of East Lansing

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of East Lansing

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady17

We visited Independence Village. That place is really big; it has 140 units. I thought it was nice. I know my mom has a friend who lives there and likes it. She doesn't even want to consider it because they're in East Lansing, and she wants to be in West Lansing, but I just wanted her to know some options. The residents seem very friendly there. They have big 1-bedroom apartments just like the other independent places.

October 30, 2012

By calamnet1

I've been in a fair share of facilities like these in the past and love the landscaping they have done in front of the building. It provides a great lookout and view, as well as a quaint and peaceful atmosphere for residents and guests. I have been in other facilities where it just seems too "medical" if that makes any sense. They can always find something to do and have tons of scheduled events throughout the week, or she can interact with other guests just to pass the time. They do offer transportation, which is extremely helpful for when we can't take her to her appointments, which is a rarity, but it is nice to know we can use it whenever we need it. The staff is extremely friendly and easy to get a hold of; we never seem to have any problems seeing her when we visit. I'm actually pretty happy that she's there. Her health is improving and so is her demeanor.

Photos of Independence Village of East Lansing

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of East Lansing

About Independence Village of East Lansing

Independence Village provides affordable high quality retirement living and top flight services in an elegant yet comfortable environment. With services such as weekly housekeeping, maintenance and 24-hour staffing, our community offers residents the freedom to pursue their own interests as well as become involved in the community's activities and scheduled trips.

Independence Village is staffed by caring professionals in every department. Our staff is always eager to accommodate the needs and desires of our residents.

Our expert activity staff works closely with residents to plan a calendar of events to suit everyone's tastes. Trips to theaters, museums and historic sites are regularly planned. In addition, special seminars, lectures and programs are frequently held. Residents are strongly encouraged to offer their suggestions and ideas. There are no limits to the possibilities at Independence Village.

Map of Independence Village of East Lansing