4 Assisted Living Facilities near Charlotte, MI
Also serving communities of Olivet, Olivet.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Charlotte area, with 3 in Charlotte and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Charlotte is $4,385 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Eaton Rapids with an average starting cost of $3,835.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Charlotte. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Charlotte 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grand Ledge with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Charlotte, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Charlotte, MI
1 Assisted Living Facility near Charlotte, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Charlotte
Charlotte is a quaint yet vibrant city that's located in Eaton County, Michigan, just on the outskirts of Lansing. The city is home to about 9,000 residents, more than 15% of whom are seniors aged 65 and above.
Seniors who require assisted living care in Charlotte can choose from three assisted living facilities that serve the city and its surrounding areas. Assisted living facilities in Charlotte and throughout Michigan are known officially as homes for the aged and are regulated by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Charlotte
- The Charlotte area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Charlotte can safely travel throughout Eaton County using Eatran, the area's public transit system. Eatran is available during daytime hours Monday through Friday and offers reduced fares for senior citizens.
- The overall cost of living in Charlotte is nearly 10% below the national average, which helps make the city an affordable option for seniors on a tight budget.
- It's a good idea for seniors in Charlotte to find an assisted living facility that offers plenty of indoor activities, as the city's climate doesn't allow for a lot of outdoor time during the winter. The average low temperature in January, typically the coldest month, is only 16 degrees and the city gets an average of 43 inches of snow each year, which is 15 inches more than in the average city in the U.S.
- Seniors may be concerned about the high rate of property crime in Charlotte. 38.76 property crimes occur per 1,000 residents in the city each year, which is considerably high when compared with the state average of 25.45 per 1,000 residents.
- Charlotte has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Tri-County Office on Aging, which connects seniors with local services such as benefits counseling and support groups, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Charlotte
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Charlotte start around $4,540 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Charlotte and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Charlotte
The state Medicaid plan in Michigan helps seniors living in Charlotte's assisted living facilities pay for the cost of personal and assisted living care. Although it doesn't cover room-and-board fees, Michigan's Optional State Supplement provides low-income seniors with a monthly cash benefit that can be used toward those costs that aren't covered by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Charlotte
Charlotte and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Charlotte, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Charlotte
Charlotte-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Charlotte
Review of Hope Landing
My mom has moved into Hope Landing. They seem very good. It is a smaller place with only 20 residents. Residents have their own separate rooms with full bathrooms in their rooms. They also have a f... Read more
Review of Moore's Adult Foster Care Home
Moore's Adult Foster Care Home was clean and well maintained. There was a small number of staff and a few residents. I talked with the owner, and she seemed to be a very caring person. Residents ha... Read more
Review of Hope Landing
Hope Landing is a beautiful assisted living facility, operated by a talented, responsive staff and owned by a wonderful, caring couple.I am very pleased with my great-great aunt's accommodations sh... Read more