Bickford of Battle Creek

Reviews of Bickford of Battle Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Battle Creek

August 16, 2016

By Jill457077

We went with Bickford because my mother-in-law was able to bring her dog with her and the room that was available was one of the larger ones with a courtyard deal. She likes the food. They have arts and crafts, music, and movie days. She appears to be happy there.

February 21, 2016

By Beth120667350

Bickford of Battle Creek was a very nice and very fancy facility, but my in-laws are not very fancy people, so I don’t think they would be comfortable there. The staff who assisted me during my visit was very professional. I did not like the layout of the room for two people because it was like two separate bedrooms with a seating area. The dining area was clean and very nice with China plates and cloth napkins. I was so impressed with it.

December 10, 2015

By Janet116869350

They have people of differing mental capacities at Bickford all mixed in together. They do group similar people together, so you're meeting people that are more of your standard. It was a very nice facility with nice rooms. One thing that bugged me was that the lady giving us the tour, who was the marketing lady, would just open up the door and look in some people's apartments; she didn't have permission to go in there, but she was just opening them up and showing us these apartments. I know when I toured a couple of the others, they always went and asked the person, "Can I show your room?" I was a little uncomfortable with the idea of us going into these rooms where the person didn't know we were going in. We were there at meal time, and they had a nice menu with a lot of choices, and if you didn't like what they were offering that day, they have standard things you could get, like a regular sandwich or whatever. They had activities going on, and they took people on outside activities with a small bus. They've have about 70 people there, so it's a large amount of people to use the small bus.

November 04, 2015

By Nancy115630850

We like a lot of things at Bickford of Battle Creek. They just seemed very caring, like they would take good care of Mom. We looked at one room that was kind of a divided room. Though it was decent size, we still would want to look at a studio because that's probably what Mom would go into, but the room was adequate. It had a nice kitchen area. We only saw four or five staff, and they were friendly. It was a little dark in the facility, and a lighter environment might have been nicer.

August 15, 2015

We looked at Bickford of Battle Creek. The problem we had was that they had a common area, and as soon as you walk in the door, several of the residents were just parked around the television; part of them were all slumped over in their chair sleeping after breakfast, and the first impression was depressing. The décor also is kind of depressing.

June 27, 2015

By c.burk

Bickford resident care is provided by CNA's and Home Health Aides, these same employees are also responsible for providing housekeeping, janitorial, kitchen and laundry services while on shift.. Staff is overworked, there is a high employee turnover rate, inconsistent and unfamiliar staff. Nurses are only on-call 24/7, they are not on-site 24/7. Facility operating on the legal bare minimum to earn maximum profits.

February 27, 2015

By Tommy3

To me, Bickford of Battle Creek was a better place. They seemed to have more activities like church services, and the price was a lot cheaper. The rooms were set up differently, and the people and the staff were nice. It seemed nice and clean, but it was just kind of hollow, like it wasn't as homey as it should be.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82030150

Bickford is close to where the folks live now and where their friends are. TheyÕre not comfortable there, the place is very expensive but it eases family membersÕ mind to know that somebody is watching over them.The staff is pleasant, nice and respectful.

June 13, 2013

By Michael19

I chose Bickford Assisted Living for my friend. This facility really focuses strongly on memory care for individuals with dementia. Their studio apartment has everything. All services also are self-contained in the facility as far as meals, medication, management, laundry, cleaning, and activities. It's very appropriate for that group of individuals who need that kind of attention. Also the staff seem very involved in caring.

October 29, 2012

By icemancometh

I have to say that the Bickford smelled clean but not so sterile as is usually the case with these kinds of places. While it was very clean and had something of a home atmosphere I found the staff to be very confident and ever present whenever needed. I think my grandmother enjoyed the interactions she had with some of the higher functioning residents.

Costs for Bickford of Battle Creek

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: AH130278262

About Bickford of Battle Creek

Bickford of Battle Creek is a premier senior living community in Michigan. This community offers assisted living and memory care services for seniors who want to live at home with the assistance they need as their needs change over time. Bickford of Battle Creek offers personalized care and understanding for each resident's individual needs. It also understands the confusion that Alzheimer's creates in relationships with loved ones, which is why its Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual's life story.

Map of Bickford of Battle Creek