Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care

Reviews of Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care

July 27, 2021

By Sara H.

My mom didn't want to leave home for years, even though it was the best for her as she had become very shut in. Now, she has friends, enjoys speaking with visitors, has positive relationships with the staff, and has increased her interest in her family. Overall, moving to Grace Haven has been a life saver. Mom enjoys her time there and the activities her and her friends get to do. We are all happy.

February 15, 2020

By Baldwin

Only interest in your money. Poor staffing ratio. Staff not really concerned with resident's needs.

We are disheartened to read your review, as it is our mission to provide the best experience possible for all of our residents. We staff our community in accordance with recommendations from the State. We do take feedback very seriously and would be interested in discussing your concerns further. Please reach out to our community and ask to speak with the Executive Director so that we can learn more.

May 31, 2019

By Sue Neuder

I moved my mom from Detroit to Grace Haven so she could be closer to me as we observed that she was in need of more assistance. From the beginning , the staff helped mom with her daily care and kept her engaged in activities as her dementia advanced The staff was always respectful of moms needs and always treated mom with dignity . When it was time for hospice to become involved, there was a team approach to make moms final days peaceful. For this we are very grateful. Sue Neuder

April 18, 2017

By Ann283041

If my step dad gets to choose, my mom will be at Grace Haven Assisted Living for convenience. It’s newer but not that inviting and homey. It’s more cold and had an odor in it when we walked by the dining room, which was a little disgusting. The people who run it have been fine. They all loved my mom, and she loved them. Some of the patients didn’t look well kept. There was one wing for the Alzheimer's and dementia people that was connected to the other wing; sometimes activities were done together.

July 05, 2012

By herbymellows

I liked the place. I was a bit younger when I first visited, but the staff seemed friendly and helpful. They would always take the greatest care when helping my great-grandmother do the things she couldn't do on her own.

June 22, 2012

By BasketballGuy25

I was a regular visitor to Grace Haven for over 2 years while my grandmother was staying there. It was an excellent facility with a very friendly staff and clean facilities. All of the men and women that helped my grandmom during her time there were very qualified and helpful to my family. She had nothing but nice things to say about the people at the facility. The staff was very engaged with it's residents and it definitely had a positive overall impact on the residents. There were many events for the residents as well to keep them busy and in good spirits. The facility definitely had a focus on a more holistic approach; treating every aspect of the patient not just focusing on the medical issue. My family was very pleased with the level of attention, quality of care, and overall nature of the staff at Grace Haven during my grandmom's time there.

March 23, 2012

By fed08

The facilities are brand new and are above and beyond what I would expect for my loved one in an assisted living center. My loved one has her own bedroom, bathroom, and living area with refrigerator and sink. The assisted living center allows the resident to furnish their own space so it feels like they are almost right at home. The staff is very nice and friendly. They are always willing to answer any questions from family members. My loved one feels very comfortable and well taken care of. The doctors that do rounds in the facility are also knowledgeable and caring.Grace Haven always has events planned for residents including bingo, bible study, and a dance where family is encouraged to attend. They also do an excellent job in educating residents and their families on the resources available in Clinton County for senior citizens like free transportation to doctor's appointments. I would highly recommend Grace Haven!

Memory Care Reviews for Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care

Costs for Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care

• State Licenses: AL190294037, AL190294006

• Get Costs

About Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care

Welcome to Grace Haven, a Leisure Living Community in St. Johns, Michigan. Here, our assisted living option allows seniors to maintain a level of independence while receiving personalized attention for daily needs. For those facing memory impairment, our care team places an emphasis on forming relationships that nurture and support both the resident and their family. At Leisure Living, we form close-knit and caring communities who share in life’s journey together.

Amenities:

• Nutritious meals designed to meet a variety of dietary needs
  • Multiple floor-plan options
  • Wheelchair-friendly
  • Walk-in showers with safety bars
  • Interior walking areas
  • Life enrichment activities
  • Housekeeping and laundry services
  • Peaceful outdoor spaces
  • And more
  • Assisted Living:

Our Assisted Living community provides personalized care in a comfortable, home-like environment. Assisted Living residents stay active and engaged with robust life enrichment programs and maintain as much independence as possible while being supported by around the clock care. Residents are provided with freshly prepared meals and housekeeping services to meet their needs and allow for a worry-free lifestyle.

Memory Care:

Moments Memory Care™ is Michigan’s first trademarked Memory Care Program. We focus on providing a safe, comfortable environment for those experiencing memory loss. Our Moments program balances residents’ physical and emotional needs with individualized care planning and specially trained care team members.

Map of Grace Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care