43 Assisted Living Facilities near Naperville, IL
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Naperville area, with 7 in Naperville and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Naperville is $3,724 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 391 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Naperville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Naperville 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lisle with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Naperville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Naperville, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Naperville, IL
36 Assisted Living Facilities near Naperville, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Naperville
Located in DuPage County, Naperville, Ill., is a large suburb of Chicago. It is home to seven assisted living facilities. There are a further 54 facilities located in reasonable proximity to Naperville. The Division of Assisted Living, a branch of the Illinois Department of Health, regulates and licenses living facilities in the state. These assisted living facilities are equipped to help seniors with daily living tasks and activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Naperville
- Naperville has a reputation for safety. Its average crime rate per 100,000 people at 1,134 is under the national average, which is 2,837.
- The city of Naperville is home to world-class medical facilities, including Edward-Elmhurst Health Center and Immediate Care, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Naperville Senior Center and Adult Day Services features card clubs, arts and crafts, informative seminars, computer work stations, daily hot lunch and dance and fitness classes.
- Public transportation connects Naperville to area suburbs as well as Chicago. Naperville is home to two Metra (passenger rail) stations and is served by Pace, a suburban bus and regional paratransit branch of Chicago’s Regional Transportation Authority. Both Metra and Pace offer reduced fare programs for seniors.
- Seniors living on fixed incomes should note the cost of living index in Naperville (126) is well above the national average (100). It is also well above the cost of living index for the overall state (99).
- With an average July high of 83 degrees, Naperville summers can be hot and humid. However, winters tend to be more extreme. The average January low in Naperville is 15 degrees. All of Chicagoland is subject to wintry weather that may include icy and blizzard conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Naperville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Naperville start around $3,724 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Naperville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Naperville
Naperville seniors who meet eligibility requirements may qualify for financial assistance to help pay for assisted living care in Illinois. The Supportive Living Program (SLP) is a Medicaid waiver program that may be used to pay for the type of care available in an assisted living facility. Additionally, the Illinois Medicaid-Medicare Alignment Initiative (MMAI) is available to eligible seniors and disabled individuals in DuPage County.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Naperville
Naperville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Naperville, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Naperville
Naperville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Naperville, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Naperville
Review of Tabor Hills
We toured five facilities after my mom had a stroke, and viewed options from great to slightly frightening. She was on the high end of care required. While every facility is stretched by employees ... Read more
Review of Tabor Hills
The care for our loved one has been deplorable. Left with bruises during rough handling when repositioned. Staff unresponsive upon patient call, left for hours with no water, needs to be fed and if... Read more
Review of Tabor Hills
We chose Tabor Hills for Mom. She liked it and knew somebody whos father had been there, and thought it was a good recommendation. It looked very nice and seemed clean. They had different activiti... Read more