60 Assisted Living Facilities near Bolingbrook, IL
Also serving communities of Romeoville.
There are 60 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bolingbrook area, with 2 in Bolingbrook and 58 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bolingbrook is $3,095 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 582 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bolingbrook. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bolingbrook 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lemont with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bolingbrook, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bolingbrook, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bolingbrook
The village of Bolingbrook grew out of a small subdivision in the 1960s and has developed into a thriving suburb. Residents age 65 and older make up about 8.3 percent of the approximately 75,200 residents. Two assisted living facilities are available in the community to serve Bolingbrook's senior residents, and an additional 56 are located in neighboring towns.
Bolingbrook's assisted living communities are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health, and they must become relicensed annually. Assisted living facilities are required to provide assistance with daily tasks and make three meals a day available to their residents. They also must provide 24-hour security to help maintain a safe community.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bolingbrook
- Bolingbrook is an affordable place to live, which may help seniors on a fixed budget. Groceries are less expensive than the Illinois and United States averages. Housing costs are above average, but this may not significantly affect seniors in assisted living.
- The crime rate in Bolingbrook is fairly low with property crime being the most common type. Residents have a one in 102 chance of becoming a victim of a property crime, which is significantly better than the Illinois average of one in 50. In 2017, Bolingbrook was listed as one of the "Top 100 Safest Cities In America" by the National Council for Home Safety and Security.
- Bolingbrook's climate can be challenging for active seniors, particularly during the winter due to cold temperatures and an average of 30 inches of snow a year. Summers can be humid and warm, but the average July high is only about 84 degrees.
- The Bolingbrook area is home to world-class medical facilities, including AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Bolingbrook offers a variety of public transportation options to help seniors keep appointments, go shopping or visit a restaurant. Pace bus routes criss-cross the village and neighboring communities, and a Metra commuter rail line runs nearby to take residents into Chicago for the day. Both offer discount pricing for seniors.
- Bolingbrook has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Levy Senior Center, which provides social and recreational services, offers hot lunches and operates a senior assistance phone line.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bolingbrook
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Bolingbrook start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bolingbrook and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bolingbrook
Qualifying seniors may be able to take advantage of the Illinois Supportive Living Program or the Community Care Program, which help pay for in-home care and other services that provide assistance with daily living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bolingbrook
Bolingbrook and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bolingbrook, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bolingbrook
Bolingbrook-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bolingbrook, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bolingbrook
Review of Atria at River Trail
My dad moved into Atria at River Trail. It's close to home and the staff is very friendly and courteous. It's very clean, and it's only 5 years old so it's fairly new. What I liked was that the CNA... Read more
Review of Heritage Woods of Bolingbrook
Heritage Woods was a very nice place, and I liked this one the best. There was a pool and a movie place. Read more
Review of Heritage Woods of Bolingbrook
Heritage Woods of Bolingbrook was a very nice place. Their rooms were small but fine. Their staff was very nice to us. Read more