Brookdale Glen Ellyn

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

60 North Nicoll Avenue, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Brookdale Glen Ellyn (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Glen Ellyn

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Glen Ellyn

May 01, 2020

By goest

Our mom has lived at Brookdale for several years, first in the Independent Living apts. and now in the Assisted Living apts. The apts. are spacious, even the studios. There are balconies on each floor and some apts. have their own private balcony. The staff is amazing and we feel so blessed that our mom is taken care of for all her needs. The staff also work with us during this pandemic to allow us to have window visits with our mom as often as we like. We are so grateful to all of them for their endurance and patience and helpfulness as we know how tired they must be. The activities are endless and we have attended many of them whether it be a holiday festivity, religious services, games, music, or an outing; the residents and staff have such good camaraderie. The sharing of laughter, friendship and helpfulness are seen everywhere here. We are confident and trust that Brookdale takes care of our mom as though she were one of their family members.

By Tim

About Brookdale, Glen Ellyn I contemplated moving my elderly parents from Florida (where they lived for over 30 years) back up North for quite some time and considered several alternatives. I then worked with management at Brookdale in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, over several months looking at options for my parents. When my Dad passed away July, 2019, much sooner than expected, I quickly needed to accelerate my Mom’s relocation to assisted living somewhere, as she was unable to stay alone. Management at Brookdale Glen Ellyn worked with me to quickly accelerate the process. I literally flew my Mom up from Florida, dropped her off at Brookdale Glen Ellyn assisted living with a suitcase of personal items, and borrowed furniture from Brookdale until I could plan to move her necessary personal items, clean out and sell the house in Florida, in addition to having to coordinate my Dad’s funeral, personal matters, etc. All the while knowing my Mom was getting great care in Brookdale’s assisted living. From day one the management and staff at Brookdale Glen Ellyn made what was an overwhelming undertaking a smooth and easy process in a matter of days. Once all the dust settled, I was able to transition my Mom’s personal items on a schedule that worked for me and allowed under my work schedule, all the while knowing my Mom was with caring people. The management and staff at Brookdale Glen Ellyn have given our family tremendous support under the most challenging times and challenging circumstances. I could not have done this without them - and the great care continues! Tim, Glen Ellyn, IL

April 19, 2020

By pbjblove

This facility has a lot of care issues. The assisted living floor is short staffed and has too many residents who need more care than they can handle. They are also not following all the appropriate procedures for Covid 19 and they have already have at least one confirmed case there that they have informed the residents about. The facility is trying to implement proper care policies from corporate but the staff is not following them them the way they should and they were way late to the game on masks and gloves. The facility has a few good staff members on the assisted living floor that are not valued the way they should. They are always trying to hire and have temp agencies come in often. Independent living seems to be liked by many residents as most of them are doing their own thing and do not require any care by staff. The facility is nice visually and food quality is up and down.

August 28, 2019

By RickB4

My mother in law was in assisted living at Brookdale Glen Ellyn. She received wonderful care. The staff was amazing. The food was excellent and it was very clean. They had a lot of activities and entertainment for the residents. I would highly recommend Brookdale Glen Ellyn!

August 27, 2019

By LaMa

I had my dad living here in assisted living. It is a lovely community with an insanely caring staff!!!!! They treated my dad with great respect and joked around with him repeatedly which really suited his personality. His studio was one of the larger ones....very spacious with a great view. He spent most of his time watching the Cubs, Blackhawks and Bears and could always be counted on to give the scores....When you could pry him away from the TV, he enjoyed the musical programs and people watching. They even got him to join the choir and was happy enough with it to do a group ensemble! When it came time for his end of life, the staff of the entire community was wonderful to deal with. Everyone expressed their concerns, stopped by to check on our family, etc. It was a great place and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering assisted living for a loved one. As an aside, the independent living seemed amazing! The residents are active and super friendly from what I saw. When we would go as a family for dinner with my dad, we would eat in the independent dining room. Everyone was laughing and having a good time at their tables and the food was delicious! (Same menu was in assisted living.) It seems like it would be great to live here if you are looking for yourself as well.

July 29, 2019

By my71pony

Other

Their Assisted Living Floor is understaffed. The Management is unprofessional & dismissive to their residents needs. Would bill excess monthly charges without consulting family first. Would never recommend them to anyone.

February 27, 2018

By WW

Brookdale Glen Ellyn was wonderful. I would recommend it. However, it did not meet my aunt's needs because they don't have memory care and they only give you 25 diners in assisted living. For other people, it would be a wonderful facility. The lady I spoke to was wonderful. I saw the seniors that were there and it was an active place. Everybody looked happy. The place was clean. It just wasn't a good fit for my aunt. It had a swimming pool and a hot tub. If I retire, that would be a place that I would move to.

August 21, 2017

By Sabrina

The people at Brookdale Glen Ellyn were wonderful, but the place was too big. It was like a huge hotel. It was like going into an apartment building with long hallways and doors. My mom would have gotten lost there. I got confused because it was too big. It was beautiful, though. What I liked was that it had a pool and a workout room, but my mother would not have been happy there. There were a lot of people who looked very happy. We toured the place and the room where they were playing bingo, which was cute. Everybody seemed happy, but my mom is more of a homey person.

December 16, 2016

By Brigitte418531

The staff at Brookdale Glen Ellyn was wonderful; the residents seemed content. The rooms were lovely, very homey, and comfy. We had some lemonade, which was available at all times and very nice. They had lots of activities that people were enjoying, so that was nice to see. It was expensive, and the location was totally out of the way. It’s very beautiful but very far away.

December 16, 2015

By David A.

The sales representative at Brookdale Glen Ellyn was very competent. The facility is very clean and sharp and kept up. The pricing is within the range of what I’m looking for. They showed me the sample room. It’s a one-bedroom with kitchen, and it was nice. The dining area was very open, very spacious, lots of sunlight. They have a small swimming pool, and they have lots of activities.

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous Daughter4

Brookdale Glen Ellyn is a beautiful facility. Everyone was very nice, and it’s very clean. This probably would be on the top of our list, except it was very expensive.

October 27, 2015

By Susan115176050

My visit to Brookdale was very good. I recommended it to my in-laws, and they’re very interested. It didn’t have a nursing home feel. They can accommodate a gluten-free diet, and not every place I looked at could handle it. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

September 07, 2015

By Lynne23

My father started in the independent living at Brookdale Glen Ellyn (Formerly The Meadows Glen Ellyn). It's a smaller community, and one thing that's exceptional is that all the staff know everybody's name and they also know the relatives of the resident there. They make you feel warm and welcome, and they really care about the residents. Now, my father is in the assisted living component. They provide furniture if you need it, they provide the medication, and they just go the extra mile for each of the residents. He was recently hospitalized, and when he returned, they were like "Where have you been and we missed you so much." It's nice to have that kind of feeling. They have a restaurant on site, and the wait staff -- who tend to be younger kids, 18 to 20 -- is excellent. They know that my father likes black coffee, and they immediately bring it. He is a great eater, and he cleans his plate all the time, so it must be very good. There are a lot of outings that I feel a lot of the residents go to, and there's transportation provided to these outings. They really try and get the people involved. There are a lot of movies and bingo, and they have guests come in and play the piano and play old-time music, things that the people there can relate to. They have birthday parties for everybody, and they can have big functions if you want to invite somebody there. There was a lady that just turned 103, and she had over 100 people there. It's close to my house, so it's convenient, and I like the smallness of it. Personally, I think that's important to people so that the residents feel like it's their home and they feel comfortable.

June 19, 2015

By anndorothy

My mother who is 96 resides at the Brookdale Glen Ellyn as an independent resident. She has called this home for the past three years and I have visited her nearly daily over the course of those three years. Brookdale is a wonderful residence for my mother and even though she is independent, there have been three occasions when she has needed assistance or emergency attention. Each time, the staff surrounds her with care and immediacy and have genuinely demonstrated their fondness for her. Of course this is important to me as her daughter, but I observe this same level of sincerity and involvement with all the residents as I come on go daily. Brookdale is a well-maintained facility and my brother often remarks it's like a four star hotel! Activities and opportunities to be involved abound but without pressure to do anything beyond a resident's comfort. My mother enjoys participating in a book club, playing bridge weekly and serving as an ambassador for new residents. She has formed new relationships which is important at this time of life when so many life friendships have ended. I enjoy the relationships that I have formed as well both with the staff and residents and look forward to participating in the Friday afternoon "happy hour" from time-to-time. My family and I feel grateful that our mom/grandma has a place where she is safe, cared-for and where she continues to live rich moments in her near century old life. Thank you Brookdale for helping us love this woman who means so much to us.

June 11, 2015

By hsea

My parents have been at Brookdale Glen Ellyn for three years now; two years in Independent Living and almost 1 year in Assisted Living. I have nothing but good to say about this facility. The staff truly cares about their residents and they are very attentive to my parents needs. When I have a concern it is immediately addressed and the staff really works with me to find the best solution for my parents. There was a time when I was afraid that circumstances would require my parents to move, and I appreciated how the management was willing to talk through the details and work with me to try to help my parents be able to stay. The facility is always neat and clean, and the many events they plan always give the residents something to do if they so desire. My parents rave about the food and constantly tell me "We just love it here". It's wonderful to have them at a place they love and I feel confident and good about.

April 19, 2015

By Mark102880350

I visited Brookdale because we had an elderly friend of ours who was staying there, and it is very close to our house. It was a very beautiful facility. The staff was very nice. The lady we visited, we visited her in her apartment. She had a one-bedroom apartment there. It was very nice, and it was adequate. Security there seemed fine. What we saw was very nice. When you walk in, it was like a semi-fancy hotel. It was a nice-looking building; it was all brick on the outside. It was a nice residence.

April 14, 2015

By dmbfan15

The two stars are for the building/apartments. It is definitely a hotel atmosphere very clean and well maintained. The meals they provide are also pretty good and they offer many options for residents. The reason for only giving two stars comes down to the staff They are SO nice when you first come in and make you feel like they actually care about your loved one. Watch out though as soon as you sign that lease everything changes. The staff is very un-organized they do not listen to your requests and continue to make mistakes. Housekeeping is a joke! They are rude they have lost my grandmas linens and refused to replace them. They do nothing as far as cleaning other then run a vacuum around, I went to visit my grandma and her toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month. Everything is extra so we are paying for them to clean for her and it looks awful. My grandma is in the early stages of dementia so they almost always blame issues on her having dementia and are currently in the process of trying to get us to move her to the Alzheimers floor which of course is more $$ I feel like they do not care at all about my grandma just about her money and how they can get more out of her. The price here is insane and every service is ala cart. I would suggest looking elsewhere we will be moving my grandma out as soon as her lease is up. Dont let Brookdale's fancy building and overly friendly staff fool you!

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents and their well-being is our top priority. Our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

November 29, 2014

The people I talked to at Brookdale Glen Ellyn were very nice. The place is very, very nice. People are very friendly. They have a lot going on for the residents at all times. The place is very clean. My mother loves it. It is like a hotel. The dining room looks like a restaurant with tablecloths, napkins, and a flower on the table. It looks beautiful. I have not tried the food, but my mother is a fussy person and every time I ask her how the food is, she said it's great. My mother has to have her medication, so they come in in the morning and they help her with her medication. Every three days, she gets her shower, and they're very careful with her. She is having a hard time seeing, so they come and get her, and they bring her wherever she has to go. Brookdale is more spacious. They have a Laundromat on each floor for the people to do their laundry. They do have a beauty salon. They have doctors and nurses on-duty. You couldn't ask for anything more. They're checking her out. The doctors call me and explain to me what has to be done. They have a lot of doings for the people. Christmas is coming, and they're decorating there. In fact, all the new people that have moved in, they're having a wine and cheese little get-together for them and their family.

November 01, 2014

By Donna95969450

Brookdale Plaza Glen Ellyn was the first one we saw for my uncle, and it was very nice. Their rooms were way too small. However, the place was very attractive and very nice if you went into it. Everyone was lovely. The lots where the buildings are were very nice. They have little garden areas and places to sit and be entertained.

April 26, 2014

By Linda77276850

I really liked the Meadows. It was a very friendly atmosphere. The people were energetic. It was clean; it was pleasant. It had a big, beautiful library on the first floor. There was a lot of activity going on that day. The people I met with were very friendly, very accommodating. I took my mother there. She felt that there was too much going on and that she would be overwhelmed. I really liked the program that the Meadows had for rehabilitation, for physical therapy, and the machinery they had. I thought that was really outstanding.

March 20, 2014

The lady that I met at Meadows Glen was very helpful and very patient. She took me on a tour and let me see a couple of different rooms. The rooms seemed a little smaller and tighter. The open areas are a little smaller, too. One of the things I think I like about them is that they had a raised garden. They can walk along the garden if they wanted to. I thought the hallways was very homey and well decorated. I didn't see as much interaction because there wasn't an event going on at that place.

October 05, 2013

The Meadows has more of a hotel atmosphere when you walk in. It's a full service facility with a lobby and a reception desk. The menu is varied and they have a choice of food. There are many activities that they could participate in. The staff is very friendly, they're taking good care of my parents and they call them by their names, make them feel at home and encourage them to interact not only with the staff but with other residents. It is nearby and has a nice atmosphere. My parents are safe and we feel comfortable with them there.

May 03, 2012

By frogskinz2227

In my opinion the Meadows of Glen Ellyn is an excellent living facility. Everything was very up to date with a luxurious feel, and I felt that my grandparents were receiving the best care possible. I know that they really enjoyed staying there because they were still able to maintain a large amount of their independence, while still being able to ask for help whenever they needed it.

October 19, 2011

By KevinK

The Meadows of Glen Ellyn was a beautiful community located very close to the downtown Glen Ellyn area. It was close to many shopping areas and provided residents transportation services to neighboring areas. The fine dining services were remarkable and the food was much fancier than I would have expected from such a facility. There was a pool open to residents, an on-site beauty parlor, and a convenience store/cafe that was open every afternoon. The only thing that I didn't love about the facility was that residents were largely required to take care of themselves or pay for a private worker to come in and care for them. It seemed to me that the facility ought to have hired its own staff to meet the needs of the residents. I also did not like that the facility refused to accept public money, and would evict residents in the event that they used up all of their savings. Aside from those flaws, I thought it was a beautiful community and would recommend it to anyone with the means to live there.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Glen Ellyn

By Leslie O'Connor

I wish I could give more than 5 stars. I could never say enough good things about Brookdale. The employees are the best. The facility is beautiful. There are tons of activities such as games, cards, swimming pool, pool table. The living room is very homey and a wonderful place to come sit. My parents moved there about 7 years ago. Everyone was so nice and treated them so well. They always made sure all their needs were met. When my dad got dementia they went above and beyond in caring for him until he died. My mom is still there and they are so kind to her. With this Covid pandemic they are checking on her several times a day to make sure she has everything she needs. They bring her snacks, puzzles, and other goodies. They visit to make sure she doesn't get lonely. I cannot begin to say how glad we are to have my mom there.

By John Shep

Altho' my parents waited far too long to move into a residential community -- and were resistant to leave their home of 50 years... they are so THANKFUL they made the decision... and their only regret is that they hadn't done it sooner. The staff, the facilities, the other residents -- and now the care, staff and protection and security, peace of mind, physical, emotional and everyday support they receive -- priceless. It's a community and they're so lucky to have found a new home, with new friends, excellent food and outstanding care. Highest marks. Makes me think I need to start planning ahead myself!!!

April 29, 2020

By Donna Olsen

We moved here about 6 months ago, and we were not sure that it was the right thing for us, but we have changed our minds. We really are happy here and know that it was the right thing to do! I was born in G.E all my life. we tried living someplace different, but that wasn"t for us. We love our room,and the staff is great!! We have met many people here and we are feeling like we belong here.There are so many activities,which you can attend,or if you don"t want too you don"have too.We also like all the weekly entertainment.We really have no complaints.

April 26, 2020

By Don

Clean, well appointed, good food, ample and efficient space with a variety of offerings and settings to meet a host of needs. Staff is hospitable, empathetic, knowledgeable and available. Mom was not keen in going in the midst of a 30 day trial she was won over. Pre-conceptions: POOF! Socialization (if desired) is both available and outstanding. Getting or remaining connected is vital to mental and physical health. Community is evident. And you can always "dial it back" if you need space for yourself. Checks all the boxes for both resident(s) and family members on the outside. Thank you

April 10, 2020

By pansy56

Why is there no statement that there is an active case of COVID-19 at the Glen Ellyn campus? And will they let family members know if there is more than one case? On the website they are still listing activities as if they are still going on when in fact the residents can’t even leave their room to take out their garbage. High prices are being charged for necessities like toilet paper and toothpaste but the residents are unable to go to a store because they’ve been locked down for weeks before the active case was discovered. The price is at Brookdale for things in general are very high. You need to watch out for the hidden costs when you live at Brookdale.

The safety and well-being of our residents and staff is our top priority. Letters and emails have been sent to residents, associates and family members who are listed as emergency contacts with an updated email address. We strongly encourage you to reach out to the local management team.

October 05, 2019

By Walter

We were pretty impressed with Brookdale Glen Ellyn in terms of its physical setup and the attitudes of the residents and staff. We felt that it would be a good fit for us. We liked the apartment which was a two-bedroom. They offer things like housekeeping and food services, the usual stuff. I saw their dining room. They also have what they call a bistro. The community was well laid out, clean, and they have different things that we thought were pretty nice, like the beauty shop and hobby room.

July 06, 2018

By ASCNME502

Brookdale Glen Ellyn was very nice and it's a newer facility. The only reason it wouldn't work was the location. The apartments were beautiful. The staff member was extremely friendly, she was a very energetic person, and the residents seemed to love her. She probably does a good job there because the people like her a lot. She's very professional and very informative.

April 28, 2018

By She01

I liked Brookdale Glen Ellyn very much. It's a lovely place. They seem to have thought of everything you might need. It was the only place I visited that had an indoor pool (which was important to me). My main concern is the cost. If I had the money I would go there. The facility was under renovation, but as I walked through, I didn't see a need for it because it was still very well kept. My exposure to the rooms was somewhat limited due to the fact that they didn't have many unoccupied places to look at. The activities seemed to be well thought out and many of them would be things that I'd be interested in. I know someone who lives there who has been very happy with her stay. I like the fact that it gets very high marks from anybody that I've been associated with, and that everybody says the food is great.

March 06, 2017

By Susan V.

I didn’t like Brookdale Glen Ellyn just because it was way too far from my doctors and the community that I was used to. I didn’t like the location. The staff was nice. They showed me everything that they could. They did not have anything open; we were in one unit that was occupied already. I didn’t spend much time over there, it was a quick tour, but it looked nice.

May 10, 2016

By Caring VisitorZJWOR

Brookdale's facility was very nice. If I would pick a place, I would pick that one. It had a good overall feeling about it. The staff was helpful, friendly, and accommodating. I did not spend much time in the common dining room. I just saw it, and it looked nice. They had activities, and the rooms were very nice, well kept, spacious, and clean. I liked it.

April 07, 2016

By Terry122840050

My mom was in a small studio in Brookdale. It was very nice but too pricey for my mom. The dining area was very nice. They had a large menu but only two meals a day. If you wanted to have lunch, you had to pay for it which was disappointing. The other thing that I found interesting was that if I dined there with my mom, they charged me $14 for that visit. They had nice activities, but my mom did not attend most because she had trouble hearing.

January 15, 2016

By George118520850

I was impressed that the lady who was giving me the tour at Brookdale Glen Ellyn knew the names of everybody that passed by, which was probably 15 or 20 people. The room was what I expected: nice quality with a fair amount of room for one person. There were people playing cards, but I went during the day, so there wasn’t a lot of action, so to speak.

December 09, 2014

Brookdale Glen Ellyn is like a castle. It is a very nice place, and it has everything that you need. The surroundings are very good. The apartments are spacious. The food is excellent. The staff is also excellent. They have a line of activities.

November 15, 2014

By Dan29

Brookdale Plaza Glen Ellyn is nice, but they are a little bit more expensive as they have security. This facility is a little bit more upscale which wasn’t really a concern for us or an issue. It definitely seemed nice, but it was also more money. It is near a busy street, but its right up to a park which was a really big deal; that was really nice.

March 27, 2014

By SpringLPH

I took a tour of this facility, looking for a place for my Dad to live. It was very clean and looked like they had a lot of activities to offer. I liked that the monthly rental fee includes a lot - like housekeeping, 2 meals a day and transportation (local). The studio apartment was very small and the kitchen slightly dated - but still bright and had good closet space. The staff was friendly, saw them calling all the residents by name.

July 12, 2013

By Christina B.

My father-in-law has been in The Meadows of Glen Ellyn for at least a little over a week now. This community offers independent living and assisted living options. It is a really nice place. It is also very clean. It is a five-storey building that looks like a hotel and when you walk in, there is an elevator. There are a gazillion of activities for older people living there. They also have personalized assisted living options. So if you're in independent living and you need some assistance but you don't need the full assisted-living assistance, you can order things ala carte. My father-in-law seems to like it there and it seems like a good fit for him right now.

Photos of Brookdale Glen Ellyn

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Glen Ellyn

• Pool

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Glen Ellyn

Brookdale Glen Ellyn provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Glen Ellyn