Brighton Gardens of Wheaton Wheaton, IL

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Wheaton

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Wheaton

February 09, 2016

By Joyce119326450

I went to Brighton Gardens of Wheaton for my father. It is assisted-living, and memory unit. They had the same wonderful program. They didn’t have the residents staying in their rooms. They would pull them out so that they are with other people, which helps their memory. They have activities there, but this one has a little bit more than the other facility. I think it was seven days a weeks that they have something for them to do; so there was never a downtime. The facility was very clean, and very nicely done.

October 27, 2015

By Dan47

Brighton Gardens of Wheaton wasn't as nice as the other places. It's 11 years old, and it's showing its wear and tear. The staff was fine. I didn't have any problem with them. It has a section just for memory care, but it has other sections too. It was just too overwhelming; it was too large. They showed us the whole place, and the dining area was average. They should spruce it up, make it look nicer and paint it up. It wasn't a good fit for my dad.

April 19, 2015

My mom is at Brighton Gardens of Wheaton. Everybody is very nice. They take good care of her. It is a clean place. Her room is very nice and clean. There is enough room for her. They have games, crafts, singing, exercise, and trips. The facility seems very well secured. I think everything is OK. I can't think of something to be better because my mother has been very happy there. The food is good. The dining room is very nice. They have flowers on the table and tablecloths. They have very nice dishes.

April 16, 2015

By BessoH

I have been very happy with Brighton Gardens, to the point that I have placed two family members there, in the memory ward. I am familiar with 3 other Assisted Living/Memory Care facilities, and Brighton Gardens Wheaton is outstanding in that the employees do function as a team. Employees tend to stay; I don't see a lot of turnover in the 2.5 years that I have been visiting daily. The building is sunny and there are many activities suitable to the abilities of the residents. True, occasionally something falls through the cracks, but humans run the place and this can happen. The facility is clean, the flowers are fresh, the food tastes good, and the staff is responsive to my requests for help with my family members. I see the staff working hard to help the residents adapt to their group home. The activities director is amazing, and the family events are totally delightful; you can't believe it 'til you have been there.

July 22, 2014

By Mark38

For some reason, I just didn't feel that comfortable at Brighton Gardens. It just seemed less personal than the other facility that we went to. The rooms were a pretty good size; they were nice. However, the whole atmosphere wasn't what I was looking for. It was more along the lines where everybody had to go and eat in that same place. They had everything centralized in one great big dining room downstairs versus having ones upstairs. Overall, there wasn't anything bad about it, it is just I didn't like it that much, that's all.

July 22, 2014

By Tina25

We had a brief visit at Brighton Gardens of Wheaton. We felt that there wasn't a lot of information shared with us. When you ask some questions, they just answer them and they don't expand on it at all. The size of the room was fine. We were not able to eat there, but their food selection seemed good. The dining room was really nice. They did inform us in general about their activities, but we weren't there long enough to really notice a lot of detail.

June 19, 2014

I like the staff at Brighton Gardens of Wheaton. They are very involved and caring. It is very clear that they love the residents there and they look out for them. I was able to eat there, and the food was good. They have a good selection, it's fresh, cooked well, and it doesn’t feel institutional at all. We've been very happy with them. The room is very nice, and the bathroom is very nicely laid out. It's very easy for my mom to get around, and she just finds it perfectly comfortable for herself. Actually, everything about it, physically, is very nice.

January 31, 2014

Brighton Gardens looks really nice. At that time, they had an availability and we got a large suite. I like it because it's bright and clean. The dining area is very spacious. The staff has been very helpful.

January 04, 2014

By Brighton Gardens Wheaton Fails

Our father was a resident of the dementia unit of Brighton Gardens, Wheaton. In front of a staff member, he displayed a non-violent behavior, common among dementia patients & was immediately sent to the psych ward of a local hospital. A Brighton Gardens executive waited 7 days, against the medical advise of the hospital's psychiatrist & nursing staff, to let us know that our father would no longer be welcome there. They marketed "dementia care", but didn't want to do the work, even if the behavior is non-violent. I would NOT recommend Brighton Gardens to anyone with memory care issues.

We're very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our community. We take these comments seriously and would like to learn more. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com. –The Sunrise Team

December 29, 2013

By Lee9

Brighton Gardens of Wheaton is a new facility and mom is there. Her room is adequate and fits within our budget. The facility is very clean and well maintained. There are several programs for elderly to keep them mentally and physically active. The staff is very accommodating. They have several activities that is in time for the holidays like for example bringing in children at Halloween and having the residents give them candy which they are all delighted about. They have musical activities going on and also arts and crafts. Mom is always busy. Her physical condition is also always being monitored. Their dining room and food are both excellent.

July 11, 2012

By cjc12

I thought this was a great facility. The staff was friendly and courteous and all the residents seemed to very happy. Upon arriving, I was immediately greeted at the front desk and asked what I could be helped with. The worker helped me the find the resident I was looking for without any complaining. I thought the residents' rooms were all very nice and seemed like their personal apartments. The group dining area was very pleasant and the menu had various options and changed often. There were papers and magazines everyday for the residents to read and there was also a library offered to the residents. Also, there were activities available daily to the residents such as bingo, or nail painting, and there even a mini salon! It was a great experience to visit and my friend's grandmother seemed happy to be able to try and live on her own as best she could somewhere where immediate help was available.

December 19, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

Under the same ownership as the Sunrise chain of facilities, Brighton Gardens provides reliable quality assisted living care. This particular building is set off the main road near the Danada shopping center, and has been there for a number of years. It is a fairly sizable facility that provides a couple small outdoor areas for resident use, which can become crowded on nice weather days. There is no easy way to go for a walk from the building's location. The interior of the building is always maintained in neat, clean, and well maintained condition and boasts the same warm, home-like décor that Sunrise facilities have become known for. There are numerous large common areas on the ground level for resident use, with few available common areas on the residential floors. The apartments come in several different sizes with different price points, which are within industry standards. Over time many long-term residents have developed the need for more assistance and many have come-and-go or around the clock private duty companions; many apartments are spacious enough to readily accommodate this. Most apartments are bright, depending on where in the building they are situated. The food is above average with most meals looking, smelling and tasting quite good. Both the management and direct care staff are typically plentiful enough in number to meet resident needs, though it does get busy at times so waiting is not unusual. Care provided is kind, compassionate, and appropriate; staff are often willing to "go the extra mile" if they are requested to.

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Wheaton