American House Cedarlake

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Cedarlake

Independent Living Reviews for American House Cedarlake

July 07, 2021

By M.M.

American House Cedarlake was very pretty. We got to go in and see it. It was quite a bit of money, but the place was really beautiful. The rooms were magnificent. They were really, really nice. The dining area was nice, and there were a couple of people. The dining area was nice, and the staff I met was a very nice lady. They gave us an apple pie which was very, very good.

Thank you so much for your 5-star review!

October 28, 2020

By Betty

We went to American House Cedarlake and if it hadn't been for the price, I would probably have chosen American House. American House is really on the expensive side for Mom because her finances are not that great. It was a little too much, although we liked it. It was actually our favorite, but the money was a big stumbling block. We got to see both independent and assisted living when we went there. We really like the way everything was set up for the residents. We like the way their meals were done. They had a structured menu, and they had a more lenient time schedule for their meals. Say that you had somebody in assisted living that had therapy or whatever and they can't come to lunch until whatever time, you could go down and eat at that time. They have longer periods for breakfast and longer periods for lunch and dinner. It was just really nice with that stuff. Their apartments were well appointed. We really like the way they had things set up and the people there seemed really nice. The only drawback for them was their pricing was a little too steep for Mom at this time. They seemed outstanding when we were there. We really liked that place. The staff are all very nice and welcoming. Covid still screwed things up, but they really went out of their way to try and show us the best they could. They showed us the facility as much in its entirety as they were allowed, since they don't want you coming in contact with the residents. It was a restricted tour still but a very good one at the same time. We didn't have any food. We weren't allowed to eat there, but they gave us an apple pie to bring home and the apple pie was very, very good. One thing that I like is that if the person is capable, they have some rooms that have washers and dryers in them. They could do their own laundry if they wanted and they didn't have to go out into the general hallway and share a washer and dryer. That was really nice. Some of the apartments came with that if you're capable of doing it and wanted to do it yourself. I like that. Also they seemed to have a little bit better access for tubs and toilets and stuff. We thought their access to those was really good for seniors.

October 13, 2017

By Judith

I'm staying at American House. It's assisted living and independent living. They have Bingo, cards, crafts, outings, and book club. The staff is very nice and so is my apartment. They did a lot of remodeling. The thing that I like a lot about it is that they have a washer and dryer in every unit, and they have underground parking that is lighted and heated. It's also pretty reasonable in cost.

November 19, 2016

By Pat150081

American House had a lot of features that we needed. It was very nice and clean. We were able to get a ground floor unit, which was important to me because we had a little dog. They had a lot of things to do, and we ate a couple of times; the food was good.

October 04, 2016

By Todd842316

I like the appearance of American House, and it’s a relatively new facility. I didn’t really meet many people there; I just generally like the program I am interested in locating a 2-bedroom residence.

February 15, 2016

By Tamara5

American House was very nice. It was more of like an apartment community rather than a senior-living or assisted-living community. We were very impressed with the size of the apartments, and the amenities. The staff all seemed to be very helpful, and knowledgeable. They gave us the tour. They were very accommodating, and very thorough.

June 24, 2015

By DH1

We visited American House. It was a beautiful place, just gorgeous. The unfortunate thing is that they did not have health care on the facility right there. It was not what I needed. However, the sales rep was extremely helpful. The apartments were beautiful.

March 25, 2015

By Evelyn14

It's just a comfortable feeling going at Cedarlake. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. The residents seemed very friendly.

Questions about American House Cedarlake

What programs or activities does American House Cedarlake offer to enrich residents' well-being?

A wide variety of rigerous activities are offered for our residents. Anything from BINGO, poker, bridge and other cards games, gardening club, book club, bible study, church services, knitting/crochet/sewing, entertainers who sing, dance, play and instrument, movies, happy hour, themed parties, exercise classes, etc.

What places are near American House Cedarlake or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a beautiful pond with a walking path in front of the community. We are about a 1/4 mile from Larry's Diner, Southern Belles and 1 mile from downtown Plainfield shopping/restaurants etc.

What transportation services does American House Cedarlake offer to assisted living residents?

We off a bus service where we can take residents 15 miles from our community.

What makes the chef or dining program at American House Cedarlake exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer chef prepared meals. Lunch is our biggest meal of the day, they get to choose from a special which includes soup or salad, the main entree and dessert. If they do not like what is being served for the special they can choose from 15+ options on our every day menu.

What safety features or security measures does American House Cedarlake offer to assisted living residents?

Controlled access to the building, security cameras and doors that are locked after front desk staff leaves for the day. Residents and families have a code to get into the building if after hours.

Photos of American House Cedarlake

Services and Amenities of American House Cedarlake

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, W/D In Residence

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About American House Cedarlake

When choosing a senior living community, it’s all about what makes you and your family feel most comfortable. Choosing a place that feels like home and a community where you can feel at ease, engaged and social. American House Cedarlake’s unique model of senior care sets the bar of excellence in the Midwest.

Residents are able to spend their days exploring the downtown area, grabbing a bite to eat at the Tap House Grill or taking in the fresh air. For those who wish to stay ‘closer to home’, Cedarlake offers exquisite restaurant-style dining, planned activities and the opportunity to develop friendships with neighbors.

Here at Cedarlake our staff are guests in our resident's home and strive to meet their ever-changing needs. Our programs and services are always evolving to meet the needs and desires of our residents.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Map of American House Cedarlake