Sunrise of Naperville

Reviews of Sunrise of Naperville

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Naperville

August 20, 2015

By Caring112077550

My mother is in Sunrise. The staff is exceptional. They are very caring. The rooms are small, but adequate. My mother likes the food. They have two or three activities a day. They have evening slowdown activities like meditation, prayer, music, or something like that. They have excursions maybe once a week where they go to restaurants or watch movies. They have walking tours. They have hand and shoulder massages, manicures, jewelry marking, picture frame paintings, and various things like that. However, they probably can have a few toys because children are always welcome to see the elderly there, but they do not have anything to do when they are there.

February 11, 2015

I visited Sunrise assisted living. It was very nice and cozy, but I thought the dining room was very dark. It wasn't lit well. However, the living room was very pretty. When you walked in, it was very cozy. They had a nice dog and a nice fireplace, but the dining room just seemed too dark. I thought the rooms were very small. I thought the thing that stood out to me was the level and quality of care because that seemed pretty good, but not the building because it seemed small. It needed to be brightly lit. It was too dark.

We’d like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com . Thank you, Sunrise Team

July 19, 2014

By Mark38

Sunrise was smaller, more quaint, and there was less craziness going on in there and not as many people. The other thing is, believe it or not, my mother loved their dog. They had a little house dog walking around. That's one of the things she liked about it. It seemed that, of the ones we checked around here, we think that Sunrise was the one that we liked the best. We saw their rooms. They were a pretty good size. They also had some rooms that you could share with people over there. Sunrise just seemed like it was quieter, more personal than the other ones we looked at. From what I saw, I liked it. The residents there seemed like they were happy. It seemed like a really upbeat place to go. Everybody seemed really comfortable and happy there.

June 27, 2014

By Pat86975450

Sunrise was wonderful. They were very attentive, and they did everything for my father. He had a very nice private room. It was adequate. It was nice in all aspects. The place was clean with lovely decorations, and the attendants were always there for him. Their dining area was lovely. It was just like a restaurant. They had nice music playing. It was very nice.

July 29, 2013

By Mary21505850

Sunrise of Naperville was a bit small but it was a beautiful facility. The people were wonderful too. I went there because I was looking for memory care places for my husband.

November 20, 2012

By ggmts27

The outside of the facility was welcoming as well as the inside. The staff were all extremely pleasant and friendly and were more then willing to help. The floors, walls, the room I was in, dining area, outside, and bathrooms were all neatly kept and clean. The nurses were very kind to all the residents and my coworker said that he actually really likes living there. He is treated with respect and care, fed nicely, has a nice room, and always has help available.

March 22, 2012

By fantastiCaul

This facility was fantastic. Upon entering the facility, a concierge was there to greet you. The room was delicately decorated to give the feeling of being in a nice home. A large staircase was the focal point and the overall beauty and comfort of the public and private spaces was wonderful. Scents from the onsite cafe lingered in the air and overall I did not think that I was in a facility for the old, but rather for the experienced! The residents were friendly and it seemed an environment in which I wouldn't mind staying and making a few friends. Three meals a day are served in the cafe. There is a room with a piano, there is a Juke box, and several other places for group interaction. It was a community center, a restaurant, and a hotel all in one! There care-takers there are all extremely helpful and cheery. Security was not an issue either, for each of the resident's room all had their own individual entrances inside the facility. Each residence had it's own front door and windows to the hallway's, giving the appearance of a town home type entrance. I really felt like it was not a facility but rather a home.

December 19, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

There are many Sunrises to choose from in the Chicago region, and two in the town of Naperville. This one is outside of the downtown area, on the outskirts of a mixed business and residential district. It sits on the main road, Ogden Avenue, and backs up to a safe residential area. There is a relatively small outdoor sitting area in the front of the building, enough to accommodate a few residents and visitors quite comfortably. The common areas are warmly decorated in typical Sunrise style; there are tasteful home-like furnishings and a soothing mix of color and texture. Like all Sunrise communities, there is plenty of common area space both on the main level and on each care floor. This facility is typically very neat, clean, and well maintained. The apartments are available in different sizes and configurations at different price points. Most are single occupancy though some couples will occasionally reside at Sunrise in larger units. Large windows provide plentiful light and there is an above average amount of storage space. The designated dementia care area at this Sunrise is nicer than at some others, both aesthetically and in terms of care milieu. The overall staff at this particular Sunrise is historically very responsive, kind, and engaged with the residents. Staff turnover is average to below average for this type of setting. The food is above average with most meals rated by residents as good to very good.

September 11, 2011

By conundrum4ever

Sunrise assisted living offers a home-like living experience to it's residents that begins with a house inspired looking interior with library, inside porch for cozy reading and relaxing, a dog and cat that are residents there, and comfy chairs that look like they came out of the Victorian period. They also have an exterior that resembles a doll house, complete with outside deck wrap around. The building itself is very bright and friendly looking, and the inside is no different with friendly and helpful staff that work with the residents to ensure they maintain as much of their independence as possible. The staff also don't wear scrubs, but casual outfits that let the residents relax and not feel like they are in a hospital. Food is served to residents in the dining room, and is offered in a restaurant like setting. Residents are served meals that are balanced but tasty still, and they have several menu options to meet their needs. Lastly, Sunrise living has an atmosphere about it that doesn't feel like your typical assisted living facility in that it is relaxing and warm when you go in there. All the residents are out of their rooms most of the time and are participating in activities throughout the day. It is becoming more and more difficult to find assisted living places that allow residents to maintain such a high level of independence, and this is definitely a place I would feel comfortable having my loved one stay at.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Naperville

Questions about Sunrise of Naperville

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Naperville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Sunrise of Naperville is a charming community, set back into a beautiful yard. Our residents enjoy sitting out on our wraparound porch, attending various religious services, and going on outings.

What places are near Sunrise of Naperville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Close to downtown Naperville

If Sunrise of Naperville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Sunrise of Naperville has its own community pets for residents to enjoy. We are also pet friendly, providing all pets are on a leash in common spaces.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Naperville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Sunrise of Naperville has a Life Enrichment Manager who spends time one on one with the residents to help with the initial transition, and to keep them engaged throughout their time here.

Photos of Sunrise of Naperville

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Naperville

• Companion Suites: Yes

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Men's Club, Red Hat Society, Brain Fitness

• Staff Patient Ratio: Sunrise Offers Variable Staffing, Not A Flat Patient To Staff Ratio
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed