23 Assisted Living Facilities near Lemont, IL
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lemont area, with 2 in Lemont and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lemont is $4,400 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Orland Park with an average starting cost of $3,791.
To help you with your search, browse the 236 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lemont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lemont 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lemont, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lemont, IL
21 Assisted Living Facilities near Lemont, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lemont
The village of Lemont, Illinois, has a long and colorful history. The mining and railroad industries attracted many European immigrants, which has created a unique, diverse culture that persists to this day. About 17,000 people live in this thriving suburb of Chicago, and about 17 percent of those residents are seniors. There are 23 assisted living facilities located in Lemont and its neighboring communities.
Assisted living facilities in Lemont, like those throughout Illinois, are licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Illinois law describes certain standards all assisted living facilities must meet, such as providing 24-hour security measures to keep residents safe.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lemont
- Although the overall cost of living in Lemont is very high, it's mostly attributed to high housing costs which may not affect seniors living in assisted living. Daily expenses such as groceries, health spending and utilities are below average.
Winters in Lemont are cold and windy, which may make it unpleasant for seniors to go outdoors. Summer temperatures tend to be mild, with highs in the 80s, but high levels of humidity can sometimes make it seem hotter. Spring and fall tend to be the best time for outdoor activities.
- Lemont is generally considered a safe community, which may help seniors feel confident about traveling alone. In 2018, it was ranked the 27th safest community in Illinois out of a total of 206 cities. The total crime rate is 77 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- The Lemont area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Silver Cross Hospital in nearby New Lenox, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lemont has a Metra train stop that provides daily commuter rail routes into Chicago. Bus service in Lemont is somewhat limited, which may make it difficult for seniors who no longer drive, but Pace bus routes are available in the surrounding area. Both offer discounted fares for seniors.
- Lemont hosts numerous community events and festivals throughout the year. Seniors can enjoy a trip down memory lane watching the vintage cars parade down the road during summer Cruise Nights or enjoy free concerts on summer evenings. Heritage Fest celebrates the cultures of Lemont's early settlers, and special events are held for most major holidays.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lemont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Lemont start around $4,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lemont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lemont
Eligible seniors in Lemont may qualify for the Illinois Supportive Living Program or Community Care Program, both of which help pay for daily care assistance that is not typically covered by Medicaid or Medicare.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lemont
Lemont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lemont, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lemont
Lemont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lemont, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lemont
Review of Alvernia Manor Senior Living
The Nuns are pure treasures. There are plenty of activities to choose from, and daily mass and rosary if you are so inclined. Alvernia is kept spotless and the employees are hard workers and treat ... Read more
Review of Franciscan Village
I loved Franciscan Village, but they didn’t have any availability. I would give it a high rating. The cleanliness was fantastic. I liked the pretty layout. Read more
Review of Franciscan Village
Franciscan Village seemed very nice. The staff was certainly very friendly and helpful. We did meet some of the residents, and they indicated that they were very pleased with their decision to live... Read more