Lexington Square of Lombard

Reviews of Lexington Square of Lombard

Assisted Living Reviews for Lexington Square of Lombard

January 08, 2018

By J_A_V

Staff was very friendly, residents also seemed very happy. Good relationship between staff/residents

August 21, 2017

By Violet

We are going to move to Lexington. It's a lovely, friendly place, and it seems like it's going to work very well. The staff we met was wonderful. The apartment we got is a two-bedroom, two-bath, with kitchen and living room. The price is within our budget.

March 15, 2017

By Waiting for refund

My mother was at this facility for a few weeks until she passed away. She was paid up for an additional nine days beyond the date of her death. The financial coordinator told me that they would send me a prorated refund. More than a month later - no refund. I called and left a message and received no reply. I called the next day and was told to expect a refund in one or two weeks. It sounded like they had taken no action until I asked for the refund. Mom received good care there, but the business practices are lacking.

May 26, 2016

By Good Son

The first time I visited Lexington rehab was with my father. The physical therapists were wonderful. They pushed him to get stronger each day they were with him. HOWEVER,, this review is not on my Fathers stay but my Mother’s. She had a broken hip and needed to get the leg moving again. Again, the physical therapists were wonderful, they pushed my mother to her limits every day. My complaint is with the administration and possible the nurses who administer there drugs. After a full 10 days or so, we had a meeting with the administration staff. At that meeting we talked about Goals that would be met. My mistake was not asking for a second meeting to see if goals were being met. In my eyes, it was clear they were not and I trusted the staff did too. All of a sudden after about 3 weeks, my mother was discharged. I tried to appeal the decision with Medicare and Lexington sighting that goals had not been met and in fact 2 physical therapists said she was not ready for discharge. Medicare did not step up and neither did Lexington. Medicare said that my mother would stay at Lexington while the appeal was going through. Again, I thought they were taking care of this, only to find out, that her stay was out of pocket,, so be careful reader, what your promised, ask questions. The last week or so my mother was at Lexington, she was sleeping a lot. When we talked, she was looking through me, not at me. I truly believe something was going on with her drugs. Let’s face it, how hard is it to take care of an old woman when she sleeps the day away. Of course I have no proof of this, but it is strange that within 24 hrs of coming home, my mom was pretty much herself again. Physical therapists 5 stars Case worker/admin. 1/2 star for just showing up. Averages 2

April 24, 2014

By Kathy81313250

My mother-in-law was at Lexington. She had her own apartment. She was only in the assisted living the last couple of weeks before she passed. We were very happy with everything there. The rooms were clean. They were a good size. The staff was very good. I like how they treated my mother-in-law. They were wonderful to my mother-in-law, and they were wonderful to our family. She was happy with the food. It was very nice, and we had a bridal shower there. Once a week or twice a week, they took them shopping if they wanted to go. They had entertainment, exercise classes, cards, and clubs. They would do field trips to different places.

November 21, 2013

By Tom38

We visited Lexington and the staff seemed nice and informative, but the rooms were small. I was not able to see much of the activities.

March 13, 2013

By Hyacinth1

Lexington is very nice and neat. Everything was good, but they're probably the most understaffed.

December 03, 2012

By Hope 1

My husband was in Lexington Health Care for six weeks. The place was clean, there was no smell, it's very well kept. The only thing I wasn't really happy with was they moved my husband from one room to another three times and I was never notified of his move until I got there. That just didn't fit well with me. They have to keep the family more informed and open to family members. Also, they never actually asked my husband to be involved with the activities. He was pretty much left on his own in his room. However, I'm satisfied with their services.

September 26, 2012

By katie1

I have observed both the rehabilitative services and long-term assisted living and hospice services at Lexington. Rehabilitative Services: My grandmother spent two weeks at this facility recovering from a broken hip. She was assigned to a double-occupancy room and had a roommate for about 2/3 of her stay. She felt the physical therapy sessions were difficult but productive and enabled her to work towards a quicker-than-anticipated recovery. Her sole complaint was the lack of fresh fruit in the meal service. Long-term/hospice care: My (other) grandmother spent the last year of her life at Lexington in the long-term care. I visited for approximately one hour, once a week, which enabled me to get to know the staff and experience many mealtimes. Residents are typically given a choice of a salad with the option of soup, along with main entrees like salisbury steak, grilled cheese, and breaded chicken. Side dishes include veggies like green beans, macaroni and cheese, or mashed potatoes. The desserts range from brownies to jello with fruit inside, often accompanied by a dixie cup of chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Based on the smell and appearance, this food seems above average for a cafeteria-type dining environment. The staff are friendly and while they don't jump at every yell or ring of a page, they respond to requests and emergencies at an adequate speed. The facility is clean, including common areas. The grounds are nicely landscaped and provide many benches to relax outdoors with residents. Lexington's activities director arranges daily activities such as bingo or sing-alongs, as well as seasonal parties for holidays. The summer celebration includes a moon bounce for guests and hot dogs, among other treats. You can tell they're trying to engage residents and their loved ones based on the variety of activities.Overall, this is not a "luxury" facility but it is a considerable leap above state-run long term care facilities. The residents are treated pleasantly and it is apparent that the staff is doing the best with what they've got. I would not hesitate to live or arrange for a loved one to live at this facility.

April 19, 2012

By brittanymr

This facility was not something I would recommend. My grandmother stayed here while suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. It seemed many of the workers did not understand much about her condition, or how to take care of her. While staying here she developed both MRSA and C.Diff which can often be prevented by proper sanitation procedures. This facility had many unsuitable features.

Costs for Lexington Square of Lombard

Photos of Lexington Square of Lombard

Services and Amenities of Lexington Square of Lombard

• Fee Structure Extra: Memory Care Is All Inclusive Assisted Living Is Rent + Care Costs

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Memory Care Has Studios And 1 Bedrooms

About Lexington Square of Lombard

Assisted Living at Lexington Square is a licensed floor and is part of our care spectrum that is ideal for residents who don’t want to, or shouldn’t, live alone. Our beautiful home becomes theirs, with an important difference – we feature support, companionship and professional services geared toward fostering and maintaining quality of life for seniors.

We take great care to customize assistance that reflects close attention to each resident’s needs and preferences. Every plan is individualized and flexible. As wants and needs change, we adjust accordingly.

Assisted living residents enjoy thoughtfully designed services and amenities, including:

• Specialized daily activities / Three meals per day in Assisted Living dining room
  • Twenty-four hour care staff dedicated to Assisted Living Residents
  • Pendant emergency button
  • Weekly housekeeping
  • Weekly flat laundry and linen service
  • Personal laundry as needed
  • All utilities including cable TV and telephone
  • 10% discount off the semiprivate room rate at any of the Lexington Health Care Centers when services are needed – for rental residents only

Lexington Square is also in the vicinity of many excellent attractions that our residents love to visit. Popular shops and restaurants are nearby in Yorktown and Fountain Square, allowing opportunities for long days of dining and shopping. Our senior living communities are also near the Good Samaritan Hospital for peace of mind.

Map of Lexington Square of Lombard