Lexington Square of Lombard

Reviews of Lexington Square of Lombard

Assisted Living Reviews for Lexington Square of Lombard

April 24, 2014

By Kathy81313250

My mother-in-law was at Lexington. She had her own apartment. She was only in the assisted living the last couple of weeks before she passed. We were very happy with everything there. The rooms were clean. They were a good size. The staff was very good. I like how they treated my mother-in-law. They were wonderful to my mother-in-law, and they were wonderful to our family. She was happy with the food. It was very nice, and we had a bridal shower there. Once a week or twice a week, they took them shopping if they wanted to go. They had entertainment, exercise classes, cards, and clubs. They would do field trips to different places.

November 21, 2013

By Tom38

We visited Lexington and the staff seemed nice and informative, but the rooms were small. I was not able to see much of the activities.

March 13, 2013

By Hyacinth1

Lexington is very nice and neat. Everything was good, but they're probably the most understaffed.

December 03, 2012

By Hope 1

My husband was in Lexington Health Care for six weeks. The place was clean, there was no smell, it's very well kept. The only thing I wasn't really happy with was they moved my husband from one room to another three times and I was never notified of his move until I got there. That just didn't fit well with me. They have to keep the family more informed and open to family members. Also, they never actually asked my husband to be involved with the activities. He was pretty much left on his own in his room. However, I'm satisfied with their services.

September 26, 2012

By katie1

I have observed both the rehabilitative services and long-term assisted living and hospice services at Lexington. Rehabilitative Services: My grandmother spent two weeks at this facility recovering from a broken hip. She was assigned to a double-occupancy room and had a roommate for about 2/3 of her stay. She felt the physical therapy sessions were difficult but productive and enabled her to work towards a quicker-than-anticipated recovery. Her sole complaint was the lack of fresh fruit in the meal service. Long-term/hospice care: My (other) grandmother spent the last year of her life at Lexington in the long-term care. I visited for approximately one hour, once a week, which enabled me to get to know the staff and experience many mealtimes. Residents are typically given a choice of a salad with the option of soup, along with main entrees like salisbury steak, grilled cheese, and breaded chicken. Side dishes include veggies like green beans, macaroni and cheese, or mashed potatoes. The desserts range from brownies to jello with fruit inside, often accompanied by a dixie cup of chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Based on the smell and appearance, this food seems above average for a cafeteria-type dining environment. The staff are friendly and while they don't jump at every yell or ring of a page, they respond to requests and emergencies at an adequate speed. The facility is clean, including common areas. The grounds are nicely landscaped and provide many benches to relax outdoors with residents. Lexington's activities director arranges daily activities such as bingo or sing-alongs, as well as seasonal parties for holidays. The summer celebration includes a moon bounce for guests and hot dogs, among other treats. You can tell they're trying to engage residents and their loved ones based on the variety of activities.Overall, this is not a "luxury" facility but it is a considerable leap above state-run long term care facilities. The residents are treated pleasantly and it is apparent that the staff is doing the best with what they've got. I would not hesitate to live or arrange for a loved one to live at this facility.

April 19, 2012

By brittanymr

This facility was not something I would recommend. My grandmother stayed here while suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. It seemed many of the workers did not understand much about her condition, or how to take care of her. While staying here she developed both MRSA and C.Diff which can often be prevented by proper sanitation procedures. This facility had many unsuitable features.

Independent Living Reviews for Lexington Square of Lombard

December 12, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

Lexington is a corporate chain with notable difference between their facilities. This is one of the least appealing Lexingtons. The building is set in a quiet, safe residential neighborhood. It is a large facility and often the parking lot is very full and difficult to find a spot without driving around waiting for someone to leave. There are some outdoor areas off the first floor for residents and families to use but these are minimal. There are common areas on each floor but they are either designated activity areas or small sitting areas that are generally small and do not afford any privacy. Rooms are of average size and most are shared. They do have large window that allow natural light. The food is average with some meals that appear appetizing and otherse that certainly do not. The staffing most often seems tight to short, with not enough staff to meet resident needs much of the time. Frequently "agency" nurses are encountered who do not work for the facility directly and have little knowledge of residents as a result. While some direct care staff is very kind and compassionate, there is also variability when there should not be.

Costs for Lexington Square of Lombard

Photos of Lexington Square of Lombard

Services and Amenities of Lexington Square of Lombard

• Fee Structure Extra: Memory Care Is All Inclusive Assisted Living Is Rent + Care Costs

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Memory Care Has Studios And 1 Bedrooms

About Lexington Square of Lombard

Assisted Living at Lexington Square is a licensed floor and is part of our care spectrum that is ideal for residents who don’t want to, or shouldn’t, live alone. Our beautiful home becomes theirs, with an important difference – we feature support, companionship and professional services geared toward fostering and maintaining quality of life for seniors.

We take great care to customize assistance that reflects close attention to each resident’s needs and preferences. Every plan is individualized and flexible. As wants and needs change, we adjust accordingly.

Assisted living residents enjoy thoughtfully designed services and amenities, including:

• Specialized daily activities / Three meals per day in Assisted Living dining room
  • Twenty-four hour care staff dedicated to Assisted Living Residents
  • Pendant emergency button
  • Weekly housekeeping
  • Weekly flat laundry and linen service
  • Personal laundry as needed
  • All utilities including cable TV and telephone
  • 10% discount off the semiprivate room rate at any of the Lexington Health Care Centers when services are needed – for rental residents only

Lexington Square is also in the vicinity of many excellent attractions that our residents love to visit. Popular shops and restaurants are nearby in Yorktown and Fountain Square, allowing opportunities for long days of dining and shopping. Our senior living communities are also near the Good Samaritan Hospital for peace of mind.

Map of Lexington Square of Lombard