29 Assisted Living Facilities near Lombard, IL
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lombard area, with 4 in Lombard and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lombard is $4,238 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Glen Ellyn with an average starting cost of $2,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 305 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lombard. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lombard 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Glen Ellyn with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Lombard find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lombard, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lombard, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lombard
With its charming old-fashioned feel and gorgeous parks and gardens, the village of Lombard offers a peaceful oasis in the bustling Chicago metro area. This quaint suburb is home to Lilacia Park, which is home to over 200 varieties of lilac and other flowers, and the host of an annual Lilac Festival with parades and entertainment.
Lombard itself is home to four assisted living facilities for senior residents to choose from, and an additional 60 facilities are located in nearby towns. Like all assisted living communities in Illinois, these are overseen by the Division of Assisted Living, which is part of the Illinois Department of Public Health. Facilities are required to undergo annual license renewal to ensure they're meeting current regulations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lombard
- Lombard tends to have mild summers, with average highs in the mid-80s during June, July and August. However, winters can be harsh, which may make it difficult for seniors to get around. January lows average around 14 degrees Fahrenheit, and the town gets approximately 31 inches of snowfall annually.
- Like most of the Chicagoland area, Lombard has numerous public transportation options for seniors who don't drive. The PACE bus system has routes throughout Lombard and connects to other towns, and the Metra commuter rail line runs through town and can take passengers all the way into downtown Chicago. Both offer reduced fares for seniors.
- The cost of living in Lombard is fairly high compared to the national average, but housing prices are a significant factor that may not apply to seniors who are living in assisted living facilities. Groceries and healthcare costs tend to be slightly lower than the national average, which may help balance out expenses for seniors on a fixed income.
- Lombard is a fairly safe community with lower rates of property and violent crime than the U.S. average. Property crime rates are slightly higher than those of Illinois as a whole, but violent crime rates are significantly lower than the state average. Nevertheless, seniors should continue to take a common-sense approach when deciding to venture out on their own, particularly in neighboring metropolitan areas.
- The Lombard area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Edward-Elmhurst Health Center and Elmhurst Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lombard is located near many activities seniors can enjoy, including Lilacia Park and the Morton Arboretum. Chicago is home to world-class museums, theater, music and other arts and culture attractions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lombard
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Lombard start around $4,273 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lombard and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lombard
Qualified seniors may be eligible for the Illinois Supportive Living Program. This waiver program works in conjunction with Medicaid to pay for services including medication management and assistance with daily living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lombard
Lombard and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lombard, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lombard
Lombard-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lombard, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lombard
Review of Lombard Place Assisted Living & Memory Care
Lombard Place is close to my house. It was our first choice, but they were a little bit expensive. I like them. The rooms were very modern and very nice. They also showed us the rooms in memory car... Read more
Review of Sunrise at Fountain Square
Sunrise at Fountain Square is lovely. There are lots of really nice things. However, they don't have any 2-bedroom rooms. There are studios or one-bedrooms, but they're very small. The staff member... Read more
Review of Lombard Place Assisted Living & Memory Care
Excellent staff, culture of warmth and caring residents seem very pleased Read more